How often should you exfoliate your skin?

And how often do you exfoliate your skin?

At the moment, I'm exfoliating my face every second day and I exfoliate my entire body about once a week. Is this considered too much? Some say to exfoliate just once a month, or just exfoliate skin on your face once a week which I feel like could be too little.

How often should you exfoliate your skin?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• wash my face every day and exfoliate twice month, and i'm a guy

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I have never been told what's bad for my body but I've been advised that every 3 days is good for your face.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 15

• Last time I did that was during biology classes as an experiment.. 10 years ago.. but actually, I was thinking I should do it sometime soon because I noticed some tiny spots on my nose.

1|0
    0|0
  • I should emagine you are gorgeous but you can do this too often. You must not exceed what the makes say. Rub it to much can damage your skin

1|0
    0|0
  • Twice a week would be fine. And, thrice a month for the entire body.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on your skin type but no more than twice per week I guess

1|0
    0|0
  • I truly don't know a good answer to that. I'm gonna say like some times you probably should.

1|0
    0|0
  • I guess so... Don't know what women do though!
    Just a nice face wash everyday is better I guess... I maybe wrong though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wrong question to ask a guy were still thinking how often to wash

0|0
    0|0
    • It wasn't just for guys 😂

• Show All
    • Yeah I believe most people wash their skin daily, but exfoliating is a different process which I'm fairly sure it's bad to do everyday!

• Ok I'll put my hands up exfoliating I've no idea lol, educate me more

• once a week

1|0
    0|0
  • once or twice a week

1|0
    0|0
  • I do my face every few days

1|0
    0|0
  • A few times a week should do the job

1|0
    0|0
  • twice a week.

1|0
    0|0
  • What does exfoliate mean :D?

0|0
    0|0
    • It's the process of removing dead skin cells from you skin. The cream you use to do it has tiny microbeads inside of it that scratch off the dead skin cells when you wash your face!

• Show All
    • It happens whenever you wash your face or ya when you take a shower it can be done there too!

• I also wash my face with shampoo as I take a shower. So, in every two days let's say :)

• Sound right

0|0
    0|0
  • Tbh I don't even know what exfoliate means

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 16

• I honestly do it every other day, or every day with a gentler one and every other day with a harsher one. SO once a week i don't think too much at all!

2|0
    0|0
  • If you exfoliate too much, it can actually irritate your skin and make it worse. I guess it depends on how sensitive your skin is. I generally only exfoliate when I feel my skin is looking dull or before doing a facial mask.

1|0
    0|0
  • Never every use a physical exfoliant (anything with the word scrub on it) on your face. Although they make your skin super soft, they actually cause microscopic tearing. I would suggest that you look into an AHA or BHA exfoliator, these don't cause the tearing. Depending on the percentage you get, you can use it everyday.
    I would highly recommend that you check out reddit skincareaddiction. They have a lot of info on exfoliation. Best of luck to you!

1|0
    0|0
  • Shouldn't be every other day. I'd say once or twice a week.

1|0
    0|0
  • Twice week in the hot spring and summer and in fall or winter on a cool day once a week.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have a very dry skin, so i guess twice a week is enough for me

1|0
    0|0
  • Once or twice a week

2|0
    0|0
  • Once a week, rice flour is awesome.

1|0
    0|0
  • Once a week is fine

1|0
    0|0
  • Max four times a week, which is a lot to me.

1|0
    0|0
  • once a week

1|0
    0|0
  • I shower.

0|0
    0|0
  • I use a face scrub

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends what skin type you have. I would do once a week