Am I being too paranoid for refusing to wear light colored clothing?

I mostly wear black, grey, white or dark colored clothing because I like how dark preppy/formal clothing looks. However, I refuse to wear clothing that is light colored like light green, bright blue, pink, light purple, light red etc. The reason is because I don’t want to be mistaken as a Gay or bisexual Guy. I don’t have anything against Gays or bisexuals by the way. I’m a 100% straight/heterosexual man. This is why I wear mostly dark clothing. Am I being paranoid or is it reasonable?
  • Yes, you are being paranoid. Don’t worry about that.
  • No, it’s completely reasonable

1515

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes; this is odd. Why do you care if someone thinks you may be homosexual or not? Has this happened a lot that it has made you overly cautious about it?

• No but I have seen guys get mistaken as gay.

• So what? I often been thought as a lesbian. It is not because of my looks, I do not have the lesbian look, but because of my personality... I think? It has never made me want to change my personality.

If sometimes, people think I may be a lesbian, so be it. /shrug

It does not bother me at all. Why does being mistaken as gay, bother you?

Maybe it is more OK for a woman to be thought to be a lesbian than it is for a man to be thought of as gay? Maybe? I dunno - I think I would just take it as a compliment.

You are a bit dry and rational (which I really like BTW) and I would never guess you as gay. That some people do, I think shows great depth in you that I am jealous that I have not seen yet though I do not doubt exists. :)

Take it as a compliment. Embrace it and own it. That is my advice. Do not hide it.

Most Helpful Guy

• I prefer neutral colors because I am partially color blind and I do a much better job of dressing myself when I wear dark blue, grey, black, and browns. I grew up thinking that pink and purple were feminine colors and I never wear them. I don;t wear too many bright colors. I have 8 identical white polo shirts in my closet.