Do you think racial preferences truly exist?

I doubt it´s existence. I think one could be so into a certain race that it makes him think that he could only fall for that specific race. It´s like manipulating your own mind into it.
I know this because I speak out of experience. I had a phase where I was completely into Arabs, that ended. My next phase followed up where I was completely into White guys, that ended too. Another phase followed up where I was completely into mixed guys, that also ended lol. Then a phase where I was completely into East Asians, which also ended.
Currently I´m into whoever I find attractive, and I´m not looking at a specific race anymore. You have to imagine that when I fell for a specific race, I was so into it that race, other races turned me off because I was convincing myself that they´re not attractive.

Do you think racial preferences truly exist?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I do believe in racial preferences and also don't see anything wrong with it. I have a very clear racial preference and I've had this since I can remember being interested in sexuality. That said, I don't consider other races unattractive. I just find myself less attracted to them. And there's another trend that has been there since my early puberty: I have always preferred girls who looked "exotic" and different from myself over girls who have similar features.

I see racial preference like other preferences too. I prefer girls over guys when it comes to sex - that doesn't mean I hate guys. I have preferred fruits and vegetables, music preferences, names I prefer over others, cultures I prefer over others etc. etc.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think preference is a real thing, but it doesn't mean one couldn't still find some other races attractive as well. I prefer Finns and Central European, but that's mostly because it's the look that I'm used to and was raised around. I have some races I don't find attractive and some that I'm indifferent about, but I certainly have a preference. I'm not saying I couldn't date outside my preference, but it still exists.

1|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 37

• I believe it do exist like how people have preferences and favorites in other things like food, music, clothing style etc. It's possible to find someone generally more attractive and that you generally prefer them over someone else. But that doesn't necessary mean it never exist any exceptions and that you are against everyone else. I see people as equally worth and think we should have equal rights. That doesn't mean I want to date everyone and find everybody attractive.

In my opinion it exists good looking people from every races, but I've a preference for South-European, Middle-eastern, Asian and South-American appearance because I find dark features and certain other features attractive which is more common among these groups. Some of these features are lesser common among some groups than others. I've seen exceptions sometimes too where I've seen someone outside my preference like blondes and people with a West-African appearance I find attractive looking. So I know it exist and my race preference or feature preferences hasn't blinded me. If someone is good looking in my opinion, I'm always aware of it. By the way, I know taste can change, but that doesn't mean it don't exist.

When it comes to food liking certain food types is a real thing. If you used to like watermelons, but later stopped liking them and preferred other foods it don't make it unreal for that reason.

0|0
    0|0
  • Preference does not mean you can ONLY fall in love with a specific race. It's like I prefer brown hair, I can still be attracted to someone with blonde/black/red hair.

But no, I don't think you can ONLY be attracted or able to fall in love with one race. That's just narrow minded.

Love is love regardless of race.

5|0
    0|0
  • I'm ashamed to say I have this issue. It's shouldn't exist, but for some reason my mind won't allow for this change.
    For the most part I am attracted to my own ethnicity - Caucasian women. I can appreciate the beauty of another ethnicity, but rarely find myself physically attracted. I'm not sure if it's culture that has made me this way or some sort of instinct.

0|0
    0|0
  • WOW! I thought I was the only one. I go through those phases as well. Obviously I was going through an Indian phase when I made this profile. Now I'm in a Latina phase. There was a period where I went through a Latina phase.
    I used to not be into Asians, Blacks and Latinas now Latinas are my favorite, and after visiting East Asia I actually considered dating one and actually met some that I thought were really cute. I've yet to go through a black phase.
    I DO think some people are more attracted to certain races than others, so I DO think racial preferences exist, but so do phases like you described. When I go through racial phases I say I will never date a girl outside this race until I meet a girl from another race that I like. There are some races that I prefer, but in the end I realized if I meet a girl j like it doesn't matter. But I've also notices if I meet a girl from a certain race that I REALLY like I immediately become attracted to that whole race or even nationality. I do see that I like Latinas and Indian girls most, but if I met one from another race I really liked I would date her. But I am glad to hear I'm not the only one who goes through these phases.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah they exist and they are heavily influenced by society. Society makes we see the a mayor racial groups as more attractive than the minority. It promotes an eurocentrist view in these days, I mean, In Latin America many countries have a mixed race demography where most have tan or brown skin, and the only thing you see in their national tv channels, and magazines are those who looks near to white.

Fuck preferences, we are all humans, what the hell. I don't discriminate.

2|1
    0|0
  • I think it's possible to have some preference over race, just like any other physical feature. This can be long-term or short term (like you experienced). I think people having really hard preferences and saying they will only date in race is stupid though.

1|0
    0|0
  • Although you might have a preference for a certain race, it does not mean you are unable to fall in love with another race.
    A big exception to this, however, is people against interracial marriage. For example, a lot of Indian parents are against interracial marriage (either openly or secretly until their child falls in love with a "non-indian".) This doesn't mean that the person won't fall in love with, say, a white person. It just means the parents will never let them be married.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, because I am living proof. Having a racial preference means you are more likely going to find someone of that race you prefer attractive. I prefer Caucasians. I'm not that attracted to the other races, but I'll admit there is attractive women out there of the other races besides Caucasian. Basically when it comes to me it's really how you dress, your body type, etc. When it comes to physical attraction.

0|1
    0|0
  • Racial preferences are real. I met some white women who refuse to date any other guys other than black guys, some prefers latino men , some Asian guys etc. Exactly same goes for guys that prefer Asian women , latinas etc. We all have preferences.

0|0
    0|1
  • For a lot of people. Not for me. There's beauty within every race, & people I would date. Even if there are some traits I don't like here & there, not everyone in a race will have that trait.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not so much the race, but cultural preferences definetely exist.

I would never date someone like Niki Minaj for example.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sometimes. As for me, I would prefer a Westernised Turkish woman, but why not dating or marrying a woman which is racially or ethnically different as far as I can get along with her.

1|0
    0|0
  • I guess I'm going to agree with you. I suppose when one completely obsesses over a particular ethnic group or race because of certain traits it has physically, that they kind of ignore or close themselves off from people who look different than that, hence the racial preference.

Having said that, there is obviously more to it than just the racial preference. I think a preference could also entail how the culture of that specific racial group is and that the person in question really likes that. But that's a whole different topic.

2|0
    0|0
  • I think we got a preference for everything. We just need to come across them to find out which preference we have.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well yeah awesome but why the fuck do you have only some Asian guy looking like a twat

0|1
    3|0
  • There are plenty of people who have strong racial preferences. There are plenty of people who don't.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Some people stick with what they know and grew up with. It's what they are comfortable with and can connect with.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I really wouldn't ever date someone who's not white, or a Hispanic who looks and acts white. Nothing personal.

0|0
    1|0
  • i agree I've been exclusively into a race then been exclusively into a different race its where you focus

0|0
    0|0
  • For me it's more about what I don't like, black girls ain't for me, neither are middle eastern, but I'm okay with Latinas, white girls, Asians, etc.

0|1
    1|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 11

• There's somewhat no problem with a preference, but it gets out of pocket when mixed up with racial exclusion which is what a lot of people (mostly guys from my experience) do. It's like how I prefer chocolate ice cream over vanilla ice cream, but that doesn't mean I won't eat vanilla ice cream at all. Heck, when mixed with chocolate there's a better flavor there than when they're separate. See? Preference right there.

Exclusion is like how I refuse to eat strawberry ice cream because I think it tastes gross and see all this negative stigma about it so I think is true because of so 'n' so saying it, leading me to not want it even more. See? Racial exclusion. Racial exclusion is when you refuse to date a certain demographic. Racial preference is when you find yourself just slightly more attracted to a certain kind of people than you are to others for lord knows whatever crazy reason be it biological or societal, but that doesn't mean you don't find people in difference racial/ethnic groups either.

RACIAL PREFERENCE =/= (doesn't equal) RACIAL EXCLUSION.

0|1
    0|0
  • I believe it exists. There are some people who just like what they like. Some like Asians, some Indian, some like their own race, etc etc. While there are cases like yoirs that change, some just find certain attributes from specific race appealing and prefer that race. Everyone has their preferences. nothing wrong with that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a preference for Southern European men, North African men , some balkan men and Levantine men. So yeah.

I think the sexiest men from my experience are Italian, Turkish, Lebanese, Syrian, Bosnian, Spanish, Tunisian, Greek and Algerian.

Overall, I have a preference for tanned Caucasians.

They absolutely exist.

0|0
    0|0
  • It absolutely does exist and it's heavily in favore of white people. Especially white men.

1|2
    0|1
    • How is it in favor of white men? Plenty of girls have preferences for black dudes, latinos, and k-pop fangirls like Asian guys. And although neither one is most common, white girls/latinos and white girls/black guys are two of the most common interracial couples in America.

• Show All
    • Its white men and Asian women. You can look it up.

• I did look it up - like I said, I posted a question about it. The Pew Center proved that white men and latinas are the biggest IR couple, followed by white women and latinos.

• I believe it has a lot to do with how media influence people. From my life growing up I idolized white men. I grew up in my town dealing only with them not very multicultural town. In the malls we have all the perfume ads of white male models. Looking perfect. In movies, super heroes, are always white guys, right? Batman, superman, spiderman even the hulk are all white men beneath their masks protecting humanity. Until I really started to travel and deal with men from other races I was so taken by Asian men especially Korean. They were very polite guys with a lot of humility it blew my mind away. And I am in fact dating one now. Bottom line media affects a lot how we view people, and beauty. Until now I see white men to be very attractive but I can see beauty in other races too

0|0
    0|0
  • I get annoyed whenever I read questions like this. I don't understand why GAG keeps featuring such questions.

0|0
    1|1
  • People love who they love it doesn't matter everyone has a personal preference

0|0
    0|0
  • Well honestly I'm into one race but after reading this I can totally agree with you

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I thought they did but now that u put it like that I have a different perspective.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love white men only. It never changed and never will in the future👱🏻👱🏻👱🏻😍😍😘😘❤️❤️

0|1
    0|0
  • It exist

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes