Is these practical reasons why the fashion has been gendered through the history?

Both skirts and dresses have been fashionable for women through history. Also in periods were men wore pants. I'm wondering if it has something to do with that woman couldn't stand peeing and it was easier if they wore skirts/dresses without any underwear instead of pants where underwear were required for better hygiene and because it was easier to cope with the monthly cycle. I'm also curious if it was because of the practical reasons it was like that and not because of sexism. Men also often ride horses, worked more outside etc.
Is these practical reasons why the fashion has been gendered through the history?#History #Fashion #Gender
Is these practical reasons why the fashion has been gendered through the history?Is these practical reasons why the fashion has been gendered through the history?

33

Most Helpful Girl

• I think so. In my country back in time during the WW2 the women who worked were wearing men clothes (pants, etc...) for not disturbing the guys who worked and practicality.
    During this time only the women who worked were authorized to wear pants.

Most Helpful Guy

• mainly due to different work roles. women started wearing trousers in the uk during the war when they had to look after the fields or work in arms factories