Have you ever had a bad experience with a piercing?

I’m planning on getting my smiley peirced tonight and I was curious about everyone else’s experiences.

Updates:

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• oral piercings although sexy, fuck up the enamel on your teeth , eroding away the protective cover on your teeth. leading to tooth decay, discoloration, and possible tooth loss. So sexy for a while in your youth, but a hillbilly tooth gap for the later...

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• That's cute and it shouldn't be bad bc its going on a thin piece. My tongue piercing wasn't really bad, but I had to get a longer bar when it was fresh bc my tongue was swelling over the ball and starting to close up, I had to push it back through I was a little dizzy after that lol but its healed up pretty fine

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• The fuck?
    Please don't get that. It looks stupid.

But to answer your question, I haven't but my friend got his tongue pierced and they did it wrong and it go infected.

4|0
    2|0
  • Of the one piercing I have i had no problems with it make sure you get the cleaner for it so it doesn't get infected. Other than that just don't listen to the other people on here you think the piercing is cool then get it. Fuck what they think. People continuously tell me that they think mine is dumb but I wanted it so I got it.

2|0
    0|0
  • I was with a girl with nipple piercings. It was a bad experience cos it made her tits hard to suck haha. How would kissing be with a piercing like the one you want?

1|0
    0|0
  • I see no use in having a piercing there. my opinion

4|0
    0|0
  • I pierced my nipple after watching the movie rockstar thought it was cool when I was 18. One of my friends at the time called it gay, so the next day I took it out. Luckily it healed up. I don’t think I’d do it again unless I was talked into it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Never had the guts to pierce any body part of mine.

1|0
    0|0
  • Show me when you get one 😉

2|0
    0|0
  • Your smiley? What?

1|0
    0|0
  • um nope , im so scared of needles 😱😨😰

1|0
    0|0
  • useless and a turn off

1|0
    0|0
  • Not at all thankfully

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope !! I don't have any !!

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope

1|0
    0|0
  • I've had several

1|0
    0|0
  • smiley?

1|0
    0|0
  • I’ve never had one & don’t plan on getting one

1|0
    1|0
  • No... because I've never been stupid enough to get any. Maybe if more people DID have bad experiences, fewer people would GET them

0|0
    3|0
  • If a smiley is your belly button then be careful since some people get them infected

1|0
    1|0
    • Pretty sure it's below the belly button

• Show All
    • I’ve done my research and I know the healing process

• Ok, I guess you’re going for a different look 😊

What Girls Said 18

• Yes my ears use to get infected a lot.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yep I had my belly button pierced two years ago. I went to a wedding three weeks after I got it done and one of the girls I hadn't seen in years came over and picked me up and swung me around in excitement and while doing that she caught the piercing and it tore through half my skin. The piercing tore through my skin completely in the following weeks!

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I did. A few years ago I got a helix piercing. They had me choose a ear stud and did the piercing with that. They gave me instructions as to how I was supposed to clean the piercing and I followed every step. I got the piercing 2 days before the holidays. Everything was fine for a few days but then I noticed my ear was swollen and red. I didn't think much of it because after all it was a wound. The next day my ear felt warm to the touch and it was really itchy and crusty. It wasn't that painful but i was uncomfortable. I was getting scared and since it was during the holidays I couldn't go to my doctor's office. My ear kept getting bigger and itchier. One of my cousins is a nurse and she happened to visit us that day so I asked her if she could take a look at it. She told me it didn't look infected but she said helix piercings were notoriously finicky and got irritated by the slightest touch. The next morning my ear was quite painful and really swollen. So I decided to go to the ER. The doctor there told me it was infected and she gave me antibiotics, a special wash and antibiotic ointment. Then she looked at me like I was a complete moron and told me It's on you if you want to remove the jewelry or not but don't come here next week with a black necrotizing ear and get upset if we have to amputate your ear. You can imagine I was quite scared. As so as I got home I removed the stud and used the wash and ointment and took the medication. My symptoms improved within hours and by night my ear looked almost normal. The piercing healed completely without any scars within 10 days or so. I later found out that I was having an allergic reaction to the material of the jewelry. It was made of surgical steel but apparently many people have a reaction to that. I was advised to get a jewelry made if gold or plastic next time.

1|0
    0|0
  • Brave af.
    My bad experience with a piercing was my cartilage. It got infected or I had some type of reaction or something, so I took it out and it closed. I had a little knot on the back on my ear for a while.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not at all. I've had my belly pierced above and below my navel, my ear cartilage thing, doubles in my ears, my eyebrow and my nose done something like 4 times.
    As of now I only have my belly and ears still in. I just got over the other ones and took them out. My nose was fine, just didn't wear the bandaids and they fell out lol
    A bit of swelling and puss is okay. Just apply the antiseptic and if it gets bad just go back.

1|0
    0|0
  • The only bad experience I've had was my body kept rejecting my eyebrow piercing no matter how much I cleaned it or how many times I got it pierced again.

Hopefully your body will be fine with your smiley piercing. Good luck :)

0|0
    0|0
  • A few, I’ve had a lot of piercings lol. The worst was my tongue, I wasn’t used to the bar and the day after I got it pierced the ball got caught on my teeth, pulled it (ouch) then I bit my tongue while panicking haha. That was it for me and I took it out, there was blood everywhere.
    And when I was 16 I was looking through a draw of sewing patterns at walmart and the top ball was sort of sitting under the draw and when I pushed it shut it ripped the bar out.

I’ve had a few reject, every dermal I got would only last 12 months before it pushed out

1|0
    0|0
  • I have an industrial, snake bites (lip piercings), nostril and earlobes (that are stretched).
    For my nose and lip I got them done at the same place and they healed just fine. My piercer was the bomb and he definitely knew what he was doing.
    With my industrial I went to a different place because it was cheaper and the bitch pierced it wrong, took it out, repierced the same side and then went through the other. She did not tell me that she messed up and the first hole got infected really bad. Needless to say I was unamused.
    My ears have been pierced since I was younger. Cheap Claire's piercing gun.

What I know about smileys (because I want one as well) is that it is covered by your lip so it will heal quickly (just like a septum). I heard that it is a bit painful when talking cause it moves so much but other than that I'm not really sure.

I WISH YOU LUCK!!!

1|0
    0|0
  • I've had over 13 piercings but my worst have always been on my right ear, not sure why just that one~ my left ear, belly button, nose and lip were all fine with no problems!

I had a snug piercing which is this; bluebananastatic-ooxqkrt4ejgeg.stackpathdns.com/.../main_snug_piercing_20160414.jpg and it literally fell out whole! I was playing with the bar and then the whole thing literally fell out my ear (with the balls were on the ends of the bar) and I had a gap (no blood where the piercing was! I guessed my body rejected that one as it did seem to be showing signs of pushing the piercing out!

1|0
    0|0
  • According to my friend she her genitalia pierced she said she lost feeling there.

1|0
    0|0
    • I want to have my clit hood done. Is that what your friend did?

• nop never only my ears u thought about my nose but then u came to know that it's not thing

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes my ears grow closed fast so I had to do it multiple times waste of my money

1|0
    0|0
  • I've only had my ears pierced.

1|0
    0|0
  • My navel rejected.

1|0
    0|0
  • My friend lost feeling so I didn’t do it.

1|0
    0|0
  • nope, never had it

1|0
    0|0
  • My friend got infection

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, one rejeceted and the other hit a vein and ended in a bloody mess.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes