What do you think about trans-racial?

Trans racial = People who's identifying as another race than what they're born as, meaning that they thinks they're supposed to be born with different features. They may think they're born with the wrong facial features, body build and hair, eyes and skin color for example. Some also identify themselves with a specific culture in addition to a race. Example an African-American identifying themselves as a person of Nordic heritage. It's similar to transsexualism - identifying as a different gender than the birth sex.
What do you think about trans-racial?#TransRacial #Race #Identity

My Opinion:
Maybe they're not happy with how they looks and want to change their appearance to be more satisfied in addition to participating in cultures they finds interesting. How some people dyes their hair, gets a tan or do skin bleaching, get a tattoo, piercing or cosmetic surgeries they also do their things. Some blonde people use brown contact lenses, dye their hair brown or black and gets a tan while some dark people use blue contact lenses, bleach their hair and don't tan. I don't think you can be born in the wrong race like if it was a birth defect. I believe it's just people who don't like the way they looks.

• I support them and their change
    Vote A
  • I'm fine with them thinking so, but thinks it's other underlying issues
    Vote B
  • It's a mental illness/ They're wrong
    Vote C
  • It's a mental illness and a problem like trans people
    Vote D
  • That's people who's mixing up culture and race
    Vote E
  • Just people wanting to be special snow flakes
    Vote F
  • Other (Explain what and why)
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Sorry I wrote a long reply but gag failed to post it...

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• People try so hard to be unique nowadays, trying to make themselves different from everyone else, breaking stereotypes and setting new trends bla bla bla... it's stupid 😂
    People are not unique, they fit into categories where there are only a few options (race, gender, eye colour etc) but people try to change these things which you cannot 😂

If a white person grew up in Nigeria, I can understand them using Nigerian culture, language, food etc... but you cannot change your race just because you were born white 😂😂

0|1
    0|0
    • I'm also agreeing people are trying very hard to be unique. I knows about 10 people who has come out as transgender. One of them said they're agender (don't identify as any genders). Some are also claiming to have medical conditions and trying to stand out in all kinds of ways.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• E for sure...
    Also - this case happened a while back... She wants to be black... and she actually did it for quite a while.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it's quite a weird issue that not many people talk about.

I don't have a strong opinion. I'm more of "you do you boo". As long as they're not completely denying the fact that they weren't born that race or being very stereotypical and racist.

0|1
    0|0
  • Just embrace who YOU are and not what you see someone else as. Please.

0|1
    0|0
    • A persons race is a label. Another one placed on people by society. The problem with "Transracials" is that most of them base their transformation off of stereotypes that they have heard about another race. Also they sometimes do some harmful things to themselves to "transform". Honestly, no one can switch races. Unless they had a time machines that was so good they could go back and change their history, culture, and background. It's just makes me laugh, because I'm just wondering what the next things is. Also, it's only a big thing now because Whites are trying to become Black. I have heard of SO many stories of other races trying to become more White. But in society they just said that's becoming more normal. This is abnormal because Whites are seen as perfection and anything else is not. Frustrating. But I digress. People just need to be comfortable in their own skin. I really don't care what people do with they bodies, just leave my cultures and norms out of it.

• A bit sad, sound like self hating.

0|2
    0|0
  • Weird

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 17

• To be honest, I've dreamed and wanted to be black when i was in my teenage years, i just love how the way they talk and act, i love their culture, i love their music, and I've worked with them for years. I live in chicago. I've always wanted to be black, to be part of a black community. Later on in life, i jusr accepted my own race, and realized that i can still be comfortable with my own skin, but deep inside sometimes, i still feel that im black. Perhaps its how we grew up..

1|2
    0|0
  • lol what's next? Trans-youth? Is some 80 year old going to insist I view them as a youngster? Jesus..

0|1
    0|0
  • THAT'S what trans-racial means? That's retarded as fuck. I think those people are racist just like Michael Jackson. They're ashamed of their own skin.

0|1
    0|0
    • Michael Jackson had issues. But the skin was a medical condition.

• The skin was vitiligo, a skin condition. But the facial features changes were probably cosmetic surgeries like the nose.

• Oh wow REALLY? I didn't know that. I always thought he was ashamed of being black.

• Is this actually a thig outside of Rachel whateverhernameis?

0|1
    0|0
    • Yes. There's some more people who thinks so, but it's still very rare and rarer than transgenders.

• I don’t hate them but I think they might have some other emotional issues they need help with. I think they have a fanatical fascination with the race they want to be and or they don’t like their own race.

0|1
    0|0
  • In the words of Abraham Lincoln "that shit fake as fuck lmao get yo goofy ass outta here with all dat bullshit"

3|1
    0|0
  • Sounds just about like most liberal white millenials who wish they were black.

Either way, it's retarded.

1|2
    0|0
  • I don't really care. I wasn't angry at Rachel or anything. I just think she was confused about race and culture. If she had just wanted to be apart of African-American Culture, it would have been cool. I hope she matures and gets to an understanding of how race and culture are different. But every time I see her, it looks like she has never really thought about it. She seems unable to talk about the experience and history of African-Americans. She just seems to be stuck in that weird race definition.

I really don't dislike her. I feel bad for her. And I wish this had happened to another person who was actually capable of articulating their experience and what they wanted to accomplish.

verysmartbrothas.com/images/2016/04/rachel.jpg

1|1
    0|0
  • Nothing wrong with admiring and practicing customs from a different culture and incorporating them into your own, but to pretend to be another race is just not right

0|1
    0|0
  • Wow... just wow. I always joked that we'd get to this stage. Holy... wow...

0|1
    0|0
  • That's what girls in my class do, dying their hair from black to blonde 😂

0|1
    0|0
  • Its retarded, its just stupid and everyone who supports it is just as retarded

0|1
    0|0
  • Mostly B and D.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don’t care

0|1
    0|0
  • its truly for the sick.

0|1
    0|0
  • Its a " i want to feel special" thing