When Buying Female Business Clothes?

Should I opt for a pant suit or a dress/skirt?

I'm going to be going on some interviews in the next bit and I have one suit jacket and a probably out of date dress shirt and a pair of black slacks.

Need to update my professional wardrobe. The positions I'm interviewing for will most likely all issue a uniform (law enforcement) so I won't need to get multiple different outfits.

But what's the best option for interviews, you think? If you were hiring, would you rather your female applicants turn up in pants or a skirt?

It probably doesn't matter but all the interviewers are most likely going to be male. And I haven't gone to a job interview in like 5 years lol I don't want to look a fool haha

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Wear either but make sure your hair are not in your face. A tight bun at the back would do the trick.

If it's law enforcement, a pant suit would be spot on, by the way!

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Dress pants or skirt and a dressy blouse with black shoes

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• 0|0
    0|0
  • Dress for the job you want. If your uniform is going have pants wear a pants suit. If you go for the skirt its only going to add to insecurities in the long run if you get it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pants.. skirts I have a problem with in a interview setting, you end up looking at her legs than listening to what she has to say.. As long as your pants are not tight..

0|0
    0|0
  • A skirt is a little more conservative traditionally but that may have changed. I think probably a pantsuit is quite safe (maybe safer) nowadays.

0|0
    0|0
  • Go with something dressy in a pants and a top. If you're going into law enforcement they're not expecting you to wear a dress on the job.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dress and skirt would be more stylish and shows some attitude than the regular pant and shirt

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe go with pants.
    I would think most law enforcement agencies wear pants now.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pant suit.

0|0
    0|0
  • Skirt. Looks amazing. And shows confidance

0|0
    0|0
  • Pantsuit.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pantsuit

0|0
    0|0
  • Who cares as long it's on sale

0|0
    0|0
  • Pantsuit the professional look.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pants for those jobs

0|0
    0|0
  • Dress as a female no slacks

0|0
    0|0
  • You can wear a skirt/dress if you'd like, as long as it's appropriately long enough. So, no body con's. Leave those for the bar

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Depends on the season, since it's getting colder pantsuit would probably be the smartest choice. Going into an interview in winter in a skirt would look rather silly

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally I like skirts and dresses for most work days. Occasionally I'll wear a pantsuit but it is a rare occurrence. Pantsuits make me think of HER who I despise.

0|0
    0|0
  • A nice business suit (skirt), blouse and a modest pair of heels, like 3" to 4" basic pumps should do the trick.

0|0
    0|0
  • Suit with pants would probably be most appropriate.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes