What's your skincare routine?

Genuinely curious. Do you use a ton of products? I for one believe that using less chemicals is so important for the balance of your skin so mine is really simple: cleanse and moisturise that's it. What about you guys?

920

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally I swear by the Korean skincare routine. It has a lot of steps but I can really see the difference between now and before I started it. If you're not familiar I'll explain it briefly to you.

Step 1: Cleansing oil. I think this is one of the most important steps. Use a cleansing oil to remove your makeup. This not only removes your makeup but also as water doesn't mix up with oil, a normal cleanser won't be able to clean the oil on your skin. The cleansing oil gets mixed up with the oil on your skin and when you rinse your skin you remove all the oils. This is great for oily skin but if you have dry skin it's okay as you're going to moisturise your skin later.

Step 2: Foam cleanser. After the cleansing oil, use a foam cleasing to fully remove all the dirt.

Step 3: Wash off masks and exfoliation. This is something I do only 2 to 3 times a week. You can use masks that target your skin problems like dull skin, dry skin, etc.

Step 4: Toner. This is very important as it balances your skin's pH levels.

Step 5: Sheet masks. They are becoming more and more popular in the west. You should use them after the toner and when you remove the mask don't wash your face. Let the product sit on your face and get to the next step. You can choose how often you want to do this. I do it once a week as sheet masks are quite pricey.

Step 6: Essences, serums and ampoules. This is where it can get complicated. You can use as many as you want to target your skin troubles. Essence is a Korean term to a product less concentrated than serums but still more concentrated than regular moisturisers and ampoules being the most concentrated.

Step 7: Eye cream.

Step 8: Day cream. You need to see what you're skin needs and if your skin tends to get oily during the day, stick to a reduced routine in the morning (cleanse, toner, day cream and sun screen).

Step 9: Sun screen. (Morning) It's really important you apply sun screen before going out because there's nothing more harmful to the skin than the sun.

Step 10: Night cream or sleeping mask. Sleeping masks are another Korean product which are like night creams but more concentrated.

Like you said it's not good to use a lot of chemicals on your skin so if you want to try this routine I would advise you to use korean products as they were made to this specific routine where western products were made to the 3 step basic routine and may be harsh on your skin. Also, feel free to adapt this routine to your own skin needs.