What's your skincare routine?

Genuinely curious. Do you use a ton of products? I for one believe that using less chemicals is so important for the balance of your skin so mine is really simple: cleanse and moisturise that's it. What about you guys?

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally I swear by the Korean skincare routine. It has a lot of steps but I can really see the difference between now and before I started it. If you're not familiar I'll explain it briefly to you.

Step 1: Cleansing oil. I think this is one of the most important steps. Use a cleansing oil to remove your makeup. This not only removes your makeup but also as water doesn't mix up with oil, a normal cleanser won't be able to clean the oil on your skin. The cleansing oil gets mixed up with the oil on your skin and when you rinse your skin you remove all the oils. This is great for oily skin but if you have dry skin it's okay as you're going to moisturise your skin later.

Step 2: Foam cleanser. After the cleansing oil, use a foam cleasing to fully remove all the dirt.

Step 3: Wash off masks and exfoliation. This is something I do only 2 to 3 times a week. You can use masks that target your skin problems like dull skin, dry skin, etc.

Step 4: Toner. This is very important as it balances your skin's pH levels.

Step 5: Sheet masks. They are becoming more and more popular in the west. You should use them after the toner and when you remove the mask don't wash your face. Let the product sit on your face and get to the next step. You can choose how often you want to do this. I do it once a week as sheet masks are quite pricey.

Step 6: Essences, serums and ampoules. This is where it can get complicated. You can use as many as you want to target your skin troubles. Essence is a Korean term to a product less concentrated than serums but still more concentrated than regular moisturisers and ampoules being the most concentrated.

Step 7: Eye cream.

Step 8: Day cream. You need to see what you're skin needs and if your skin tends to get oily during the day, stick to a reduced routine in the morning (cleanse, toner, day cream and sun screen).

Step 9: Sun screen. (Morning) It's really important you apply sun screen before going out because there's nothing more harmful to the skin than the sun.

Step 10: Night cream or sleeping mask. Sleeping masks are another Korean product which are like night creams but more concentrated.

Like you said it's not good to use a lot of chemicals on your skin so if you want to try this routine I would advise you to use korean products as they were made to this specific routine where western products were made to the 3 step basic routine and may be harsh on your skin. Also, feel free to adapt this routine to your own skin needs.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 20

• I'm with you, cleanse and moisturise. I don't know what toner is anyway, I thought it was what you put in a printer but apparently it's a skin thing too. Fuck you Clarins!

1|0
    0|0
    • ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ you're hilarious lmfaoooo

• Not any specific!!! I just refrain from using chemical products... I just use a soap and Ayurvedic face wash!!! @mahaim1234. Which products do u use? As u r into modelling it must be tough for u to decide๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…

1|0
    0|0
  • Morning: Facial cleanser, moisturizer,
    Night: facial cleanser, retin-a
    Keeps the skin looking younger throughout the years and healthy as well.

1|0
    0|0
  • As per my knowledge in this topic. The skincare routine of Beauty Queens.

Makeup Remover + Oil Cleanser
    Water-based Cleanser
    Moisturizer
    Sheet Masks
    Eye Cream
    Toner
    Exfoliator

and many more.

Why Beauty Queens use this things?

God knows.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wash my face with Garnier Oily Skin (charcoal one without the beads) every other day. On the "off days" I just rinse my face with warm water.

I moisturize only with my body lotion.

1|0
    0|0
  • I just mix my cum with yesterday's soup and smear it all across my face. After 10 minutes I just take it off and finish off with some water. On odd days, just water.

0|0
    0|0
  • Goats milk soap to help with dry skin. That's about it

1|0
    0|0
  • How you use Apple cider vinegar? I drink it for gut health, can I use it on my face as well?๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘

1|0
    0|0
  • i use jst a moisturiger for smooth skin and a face wash if i go to outside and thn i came home i use face wash tht it is n nothing i do anything more

1|0
    0|0
  • Ah let me see... Shampoo? Check. Soap? Check. Done :)

1|0
    0|0
  • Splooge all over my hands and lather it into my skin. Makes me look 10 years younger!

1|0
    0|0
  • I wash my face couple times daily and shave every day

1|0
    0|0
  • Being a guy I honestly never have given any thought to this nor have any routine.

1|0
    0|0
  • Same as yours ! You sound cool tbh

1|0
    0|0
  • Face wash, aloe vera gel.. repeat

1|0
    0|0
  • Bathing twice a day

1|0
    0|0
  • nothing

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't really do one

0|0
    0|0
  • Multani miti

0|0
    0|0
  • Basil leaves, glass of warm water

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• Morning
    -let the good times roll cleanser
    - apple cider vinegar toner
    -sunscreen/ moisturizer
    -enchanted eye cream

Evening
    -coconut oil makeup remover
    - Movis facial soap
    -apple cider vinegar toner
    - full of grace serum
    -face mask ever 3-4 days ( 1000 millenhelens, mask of magna minty, or Greek yogurt)
    -cosmetic lad or gorgeous facial moisturizer
    -enchanted eye creme

1|1
    0|0
  • I have a super simple routine. I wash with Cetaphil in morning and then use a dirt cheap moisturizer fron Ponds. Evening I wash makeup off with a face wash from IQ (local brand made in my country) and then moisturize with rosehip oil!

That is it.

I am gonna try the Avon skincare range though. Ordered a moisturizer and night cream to try out but my skincare works good as is.

1|0
    0|0
  • I use the alba botanica enzyme scrub at night, put tea tree oil on my face, and vitamin e oil to moisturize.
    In the morning, i just take a baby wipe to my face, put vitamin e oil, then makeup.

And before i wash at night (shower) i use the garnier micellar water to take all my makeup off.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wash my face with a mild soap to remkve my makeup at evening and with water in the morning. I scrub my face very gently with a washcloth in the evening.
    I apply moisturizer in the evening and the morning and use 3 times per week benzoyl peroxide on my acne.
    So I do skincare, but it's not a 10 step plan.

1|0
    0|0
  • Morning: Cleanser, spot treatment, sun screen, moisturizer.
    Night: Cleanser, different spot treatment and moisturize.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wash my face everyday

1|0
    0|0
  • Dove soap and apple cider vinegar love

1|0
    0|0
  • I do it before sleeping
    I wash with face soap that my doctor gave and apply a moisturizing cream

1|0
    0|0