After using new skin products, how long do you keep using it if you start having breakouts almost immediately?

the other side of my face is clear where I don't normally break out. but I had 6 breakouts on the other side where they normally pop out. Should I stop using them immediately or wait it out because my skin might just be purging? the breakouts aren't itchy or burning... I am using the Laneige 6 piece Hydration kit trial size from Sephora.

So It's almost a week after I tried the line. And my zits are slowly drying out and fading... I have continued to use the line and I noticed my dark spots from before are fading. My face is getting clearer and smoother. Should I still continue the use? Does this mean, it's working for me?

161

Most Helpful Guy

• Instantly stop.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• If it's a treatment, you should stick to it until you are completely sure it does nothing more than breaking out your skin since skin usually becomes worse before becoming better. If it's not, and it's just a moisturizer or something, don't use it again.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • the other side of my face is perfectly clear. my mom noticed it has become smooth over Facetime. i normally break out on the other side of my face