After using new skin products, how long do you keep using it if you start having breakouts almost immediately?

the other side of my face is clear where I don't normally break out. but I had 6 breakouts on the other side where they normally pop out. Should I stop using them immediately or wait it out because my skin might just be purging? the breakouts aren't itchy or burning... I am using the Laneige 6 piece Hydration kit trial size from Sephora.

Updates:
So It's almost a week after I tried the line. And my zits are slowly drying out and fading... I have continued to use the line and I noticed my dark spots from before are fading. My face is getting clearer and smoother. Should I still continue the use? Does this mean, it's working for me?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Instantly stop.

1|0
    1|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• If it's a treatment, you should stick to it until you are completely sure it does nothing more than breaking out your skin since skin usually becomes worse before becoming better. If it's not, and it's just a moisturizer or something, don't use it again.

2|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • the other side of my face is perfectly clear. my mom noticed it has become smooth over Facetime. i normally break out on the other side of my face

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 15

• No matter how long you have used it, if it starts to breakout you stop

1|0
    0|0
  • I find that usually 2 weeks will give you the best indication of wether or not the product is working. i've recently been using more natural/very mild products (ex. Tea tree oil) and it's been working better than anything else has long term.

1|0
    0|0
    • Replying to your update, it sound a like this product is starting to work for you, so I would keep using it.

• Yes thanks :) People have been noticing the difference too

• I hear proactive does that too... it's honestly just the companies getting your skin addicted to their product and it still won't completely stop breakouts! You will just get sucked into NEEDING it in order to have the somewhat normal skin that you had before, with the omnipresent threat of insane breakouts for skipping a day.

What's happened to ever girl that I know that has used acne systems... is their skin gets addicted and if they skip even ONE application because of work, sleep, travel, etc... their faces break out like hell in ways they never did before using those products in the first place.

So if you're using an acne kit to stop the occasional or hormonal monthly breakout, it's not worth it for the hell you will go through if you happen to become too busy or are a forgetful person when it comes to your regimen... but if your face normally looks like a pizza, then sure.

I just know I've seen grown ass women in tears because of those acne kits giving them terrible skin.

2|0
    0|0
    • Never used proactive but I read a status on fb where everyone was saying the same thing. It makes your skin addicted to the product and never helps.

• I have clear skin but since i started using makeup wothout skincare my forehead started breaking out so if i ever wanted to try something itd always wanna be on my forehead and you should do the same because some products can cause more acne and breakouts. Personally i like Asian skincare since its really healthy. I notice breakouts after 2 or the minimum a week. GO TO COSDNA. COM this website really helps to know if it can cause more breskouts or not

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd stop immediately. If you have trouble with acne try some tea tree oil face washes. Look at the ingredients and make sure it's all natural with no chemicals. I suggest stay away from sephora products. Right now I use either a papaya soap bar or desert essence tea tree oil face wash. Also try adding baking soda in your face wash.

1|0
    0|0
  • Usually when you try new products your skin reacts like this because it doesn't recognize the product but after a few days they should be gone. If not then you should probably stop using it (:

2|0
    0|0
    • the breakouts are starting to dry out and die. my skin looks glowing according to my co workers. i had the yogurt mask last night and skipped the toner for a change.

• It really depends on what it says, some like retinol are known for getting worse before it gets better, but thats only acne medication, if it isn't then I would stop using it right away like if its a cream or I guess a kit thing that is not specially for anything

0|0
    0|0
  • I usually give it a week (if you use it everyday) if you’re still having problems after that then it’s not for you

1|0
    0|0
    • @asker sounds like it’s doing a good job. Sometimes it takes some time for your skin to adjust to the change.

• Thanks girl. Ya maybe my skin got a shocked treatment when all these new products were used at the same time. But hopefully I get better than ever.

• I'd recommend Clean and Clear. Only acne medicine that's ever helped me. You can buy it from Walgreens or Walmart.
    Read the reviews first to make sure though

1|0
    0|0
  • If something gives me a breakout, I stop using it straight away because I don't wanna make the problem worse

1|0
    0|0
  • I only use two things to help me prevent or get use of breakouts. It’s a mask and spot treatment. I use the mask once a week and the spot treatment every day on areas were I would break out.

1|0
    0|0
  • Do you generally have a problem with breakouts?

1|0
    0|0
  • I would stop immediately.

1|0
    0|0
  • stop immediately of course

1|0
    0|0
  • Skin does not purge. Stop using it.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes