What are your thoughts on coloured hair?

Have you coloured your hair previously? Do you wish to colour your hair?What are your thoughts on coloured hair?

2634

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I've coloured my hair a lot. When I was younger, I dyed my hair all over and went between red, purple, blue and bleached white in a matter of months. It fucked my hair up so badly that at one point my scalp would bleed if I brushed my hair too vigorously. Safe to say that I stopped dyeing it for a while :P Now my hair is in better condition, I've moved onto dip-dyeing just a couple of inches at the ends. It has been dip dyed pink, blue, purple and green and is now back to blue :)

• Do you have a favourite colour?😁

And what process did you follow for recovering your hair back to it's health?

• Well, my favourite colour in general is pink and I love the way the pink looks on my hair but it goes out so quickly :( My favourite colour to dye my hair is probably blue because the blue always stays in for so, so long and always fades out to a lovely bubblegum colour and then kind of mint. It works out well!

I didn't really follow any specific process, I basically just made sure to use shampoo and use a little conditioner every now and then (the shampoo usually had honey, caffeine or argan oil in it to try and put a little health back in) and then stayed away from bleaching or dyeing for a long time. It took about two or three years before my hair was back in good enough condition that I was comfortable dyeing it again but perhaps if someone else followed a more dedicated treatment, it'd be faster. I'm sticking with dip-dyeing now though since by the time the hair gets damaged from dyeing and bleaching, the ends are trimmed and it gets cut off :)

• Thank you! This is really informative & helpful :D