What are your thoughts on coloured hair?

Have you coloured your hair previously? Do you wish to colour your hair?What are your thoughts on coloured hair?

2530

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I've coloured my hair a lot. When I was younger, I dyed my hair all over and went between red, purple, blue and bleached white in a matter of months. It fucked my hair up so badly that at one point my scalp would bleed if I brushed my hair too vigorously. Safe to say that I stopped dyeing it for a while :P Now my hair is in better condition, I've moved onto dip-dyeing just a couple of inches at the ends. It has been dip dyed pink, blue, purple and green and is now back to blue :)

• Do you have a favourite colour?😁

And what process did you follow for recovering your hair back to it's health?

• Well, my favourite colour in general is pink and I love the way the pink looks on my hair but it goes out so quickly :( My favourite colour to dye my hair is probably blue because the blue always stays in for so, so long and always fades out to a lovely bubblegum colour and then kind of mint. It works out well!

I didn't really follow any specific process, I basically just made sure to use shampoo and use a little conditioner every now and then (the shampoo usually had honey, caffeine or argan oil in it to try and put a little health back in) and then stayed away from bleaching or dyeing for a long time. It took about two or three years before my hair was back in good enough condition that I was comfortable dyeing it again but perhaps if someone else followed a more dedicated treatment, it'd be faster. I'm sticking with dip-dyeing now though since by the time the hair gets damaged from dyeing and bleaching, the ends are trimmed and it gets cut off :)

• Thank you! This is really informative & helpful :D

What Guys Said 29

• It can be fun, I've had blond, red and darker brown hair.

• Which was your favourite?😁

• Well.. it ended up being more red shaded brown and cooler brown just looks better on me. For my friend (who has blonde hair) it ended up as orange :D

• πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ orange lol

• I like it. It can demonstrate diversity in hair colors and stand out from being usual.
    Just don't go the hardcore feminist route.
    πŸ‘©πŸ˜ πŸ€—πŸ¦„

• In my personal opinion I love it and hate it at the same time, once died my Afro blue XD was good times.

• What are your reasons for loving it and hating it?

• Another user on this question shared a helpful opinion.
      She said pink tends to fade quickly while the blue lasts longer. So if I don't like it, I won't have to suffer for long 😁

• I love it on women, but I would not do that myself.

• Unless it's natural hair colors or that dark red one I tend to associate it with LGBT people and/or people looking for attention based on personal experience. Or the punk subculture accept that is based off of internet browsing

• I haven't because I like my colour, but coloured hair is amazing and I really like diversity when it comes to both hair colour and hair style. I lived in China for a few months and every girl had long straight black hair and it bothered me so much!

• I don't like it. It's one thing to change your hair to another natural color but we don't live in an anime, I personally find it very unattractive.

• And ugly fad. Will soon go out of style.

• Your opinions are always something πŸ˜‚

• Honey, I love women, and their beautiful hair. Especially brunettes. But this new fad is beyond disgusting. And it's bad enough the little snowflakes do it but then someone convinces some old lady to cut her hair off and dye it red or blue or green or something silly and it makes them look like they've lost their marbles.

A woman's long flowing hair is her sensuality. Don't ever let someone tell you otherwise.

• Alright! :P

• It's interesting

• I think it's cool.

• I like colored hair, it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

• They look good depending on the colour scheme and, hairstyle.

• no and no

• That pic looks really cool, but I love natural colors and brown is my favorite especially if the eyes are brown as well.

• Annoying as shit tbh

• It looks good on some people. Depends on the person and the color.

• I find dyeing ok when it's hair colour that's natural. But the out there ones like green, purple, some reds (bright ones and pink) as well as some others, it looks horrible

• I find it badass and more creative than natural hair colors

• Fairy princess kind of colors is weird and do not look good. Natural colors is cool.

• It can be cool. I dyed it a few times the last time, my wife and I used dark blackish/purple.

• I think it’s awesome

• its fine i guess but idc

• I think it’s cool

• I like hair colors. I haven't coloured my hair till now but I want to do it.

• It's weird

• I used to hate it. But, it's growing on me.

• Turn on

• Absolutely disgusting

• I wish I had hair to color. I got in the habit of shaving it. But I love when girls do this

What Girls Said 24

• It’s personally not for me though I do think it can look really nice on some people the only thing I don’t like is when people get like bright green or blue hair lol.

• I genuinely prefer natural or dyed natural coloured hair.
      Though that picture I quite like as it’s Pastel lol

• No exactly the same apart from it becoming really really dry when dying it, more so since i've been dying it blonde because the bleach drys it out lol.. so just need more conditioner :)

• Aye-aye, captain! I'll arm myself with loads of conditioner if I ever colour it πŸ˜›

• I have coloured my hair a few times in the past but I need to be careful because vitiligo runs in the family and is triggered by the chemicals in hair dye. After my brother got it from dying his hair a lot I stopped dying mine. My hair has been red before though (which never got out of my hair of course...) but haven’t done other crazy colours. If I wanna rock another hair colour I just pick one of my 10 wigs that I own (yes I have an obsession) :p just so that I can keep my own hair healthy. Rocking a dark black/blue/deep purple mix right now πŸ˜‹ Also you don’t have that same worry about fucking your hair up with wigs πŸ˜‰

• Sounds like a good alternative. :)

• @YourFutureEx well it’s not too great at all πŸ˜… its sad that I have to be extra careful because of the genetic disposition but I know that as long as I don’t use a lot of dye chemicals in my hair the lower the chances that i’ll ever get it.

• I see. I hope for the best :)

• I have dyed, highlighted and ombred my hair before - both doing it myself with a dye kit as well as professionally. I love changing up my hairstyle and looking new. However, the care routine to maintain the color so that it doesn't fade is such a hassle. It's also rather damaging, so once my hair grew out, I cut off all the dyed bits and went back to natural.

May look to ombre it again perhaps.

• What care routine do you follow when you colour your hair β€” how different is it from daily hair care routine?

• I tried dying my hair pink over the summer - I have quite dark hair and ofc i tried to bleach it first... I bleached it 3 times... it turned orange. I added the pink thinking i had a chance it might work but i made it even more orange 😭😭 I might try again this summer?

• I love it! If my hair could handle being bleached I'd have colorful hair all the time. I've only dyed it black or back/blue.

• I don't understand why people dye their hair crazy colors. It looks silly to me.

• I have done it. I liked it. I'd do it again.

• I do color my hair. I have pink tips on my profile and I am doing a nude color on the bottom and red on top for a bomb ass ombrΓ© effect

• Unnatural hair colors usually look bad.

• I have a streak of blue

• It looks awesome on some people! I've wanted to color my hair for awhile but I don't know if I want to anymore lol

• Its cool if it has only one streak or colour.
    No i haven't coloured previously but I'd like to do that on future.

• Some people can pull it off, but it's not for me.

• I've put crazy color on the ends of my hair. in a lot of cases it looks pretty kick ass on some people, weird on others.

• Fits some people
    I don't wanna ruin my curly hair so...

• Love it, had a couple colors before and is the process of getting something else

• Which is your favourite colour?

• I like blues, I tried to change it to another color once and had bleached but it wouldn't come out so it was just this bright minty green but it was still pretty

• Would never color my own... And on other people, it depends on the person, color, and style

• Interesting. Love it on all. With a limitation.

• Like hi lights or lights changes but rainbow is a little extreme

• I think its fun and sexy

• Never coloured

• I like it on other people, but I wouldn't change my hair color. Had an idea to just color the ends and eventually cut it off if I didn't like it, but I've never done it and tbh don't plan to do it.

• Not usually my thing. Sometimes it's nice if it's done in a ombrΓ© style. However the one above looks lovely!

• 1|0
    • That's so awesome!

I love love love the second and fourth picture! 😍

• I’m so gay.

• πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚