What is your experience with dreadlocks, would you recommend them?

I've been reading up on how they're done and what it takes to take care of them, but seeing as I've never had them I'd like to know your experience!What is your experience with dreadlocks, would you recommend them??

1917

Most Helpful Guy

• I have never wore them. I did have hair down to the middle of my back tho. My nephew had dreads and I spent some time in Jamaica. West end of Negril.
    Rasta central. I know in till they are true dread locks. there is a window when it looks horrible, unkept. Then when its all fully dreaded washing and drying takes a while. Then there is the hair breaking at the smell
    It does not look very appealing of course but if kept up properly I guess the look kind of good (look)
    Good luck to you if that's the path your gonna take. Watch out for the ๐Ÿž๐Ÿœ๐Ÿ› bugs.๐Ÿ›๐Ÿœ๐Ÿž

• Thanks, and yes I know people think they're gross but I'm honestly in love with them.

• That's cool. its your hair hun. Go for it. I'm sure you'll keep them kept and most likely they will look good on you... When your all dreaded out , post a pic of them please? Namaste!

Most Helpful Girl

• they are so cool but growing your own can kinda be risky if you don't want them for a long period of time. If you do get them professionally done. But warning they get really heavy when wet.