Do you change your style to match your SO?

Like I knew a guy whose girlfriend went barefoot, so he himself started going barefoot.
And my other friend started dating a punk, then he himself started dressing punk.

Do y'll do that? Or do you just do your own thing?
  • Yeah, I copy my SO's
    Vote A
  • No, I do my own thing
    Vote B
  • I copy my SO's style sometimes
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I've always had a dark alternative style but I also love wearing floral and pink cutesy stuff too. My boyfriend is gothic and I just wear whatever I want still, but I find myself leaning towards darker stuff when I'm with him but not going out of my way to buy stuff specifically to match.
    I loved it the most last summer when I was in a very very over the top girly outfit and he was looking gothic and the contrast between us was huge! We got a lot of looks :P

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's possible that if you spend sometime with someone, you're bound to pick up some of their habits.

I would say, if she is doing something and I seem to like it, I will do it and so will she start doing some things that I like or do.

But then there would be things that I would hate that she does and vice versa, so we wouldn't do those things.

So, the bottom line is, you will start to copy the people you stay with. And yes, people who've stayed with me have been influenced a lot by me.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 16

• He tries to control what I wear and when/where I wear it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Being goth... and having a biker lover... we sort of look hot together and match! He's all tough with his leather, boots and bandanna... and I'm girly... usually in black lace and dark makeup with girly pleather boots! We do look pretty good ;) !

0|1
    1|0
  • Eh nah. I'll stick to my t-shirts, hoodies, sweaters and jeans ty very much. I don't feel like dressing up all the time. I don't even bother to do my makeup half the time. Most people here get all dressed up.

0|1
    0|0
  • We have similar styles so it is not a huge problems.

0|1
    0|0
  • No I don’t. I prefer keeping my own stable. I do wear his clothes tho

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope try to stay true to myself but they may have an influence and widen your horizons in a good way such as opening you to a new genre of music. Etc

1|2
    1|0
  • No, I do my own thing and always have. There are some days we have accidentally dressed alike in style but we both do our own thing.

0|1
    0|0
  • No!!! I'm 46, too old to try that now. Barely successful at it when I was younger.

0|1
    0|0
  • I quite often wear his stuff (mostly pajama bottoms and on of his old hoodies) around the house if that counts :P

1|0
    0|1
  • No but sometimes we end up wearing the same colours

0|1
    0|0
    • I like to color coordinate with SO when going out for anything even semi special

• No but I started wearing more feminine clothes around him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Always do it my way!

0|1
    0|0
  • Hell no.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I would not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah..

0|0
    0|0
  • never ever would do that

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 12

• Sort of.
    When I was dating a goth lass I did tend to wear my own leathers more... and when I was dating the hippy I wore a lot more loose linen shirts.
    But it was all stuff which was in the wardrobe anyway.
    Only actively changed "my look" for one girl, at her insistence. Worst thing I've ever done. Couldnt recommend against it hard enough. If someone wants to impose their fashion sense upon you, run away.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'll only date someone that is into vintage and retro styles like me. Luckily enough, I know a lot of girls that do that. We're constantly surrounded by lazy fashion and athleisure. I want to live my life with someone that goes against the status quo.

0|1
    0|0
  • Style? Doubtful. I have serious difficult grasping it. I tend toward function over looks.
    My wife would bitch at me that button ups dont go with camo pants, and shorts with high top hiking boots.
    Not my problem if someone takes issue with how I cover my nudity.

0|0
    0|1
  • No and that's why my relationship ended. I was willing to change some stuff about me but she did not want me to change. Turns out not changing my attitude made her mad after the break up and now I'm dead to her.

0|1
    0|0
  • Gives you an insight into something new you haven't tried before, if you like you stick with it!

Plus you try and be similar as it breeds closeness. It makes sense!

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I am not a copycat. She doesn't like it? She could talk to me about it (regardless of the fact that she should understand that we're all different).

0|0
    0|0
  • No but I don’t see the big deal if two people choose to mirror each other. As long as they are happy

1|0
    0|0
    • Does this count? If my SO is dressed business professional for her job & I’m meeting her for lunch or dinner out there’s maybe an 80% chance I will dress up more. Otoh if she was not dressed up I would not. I think it’s more respectful/fair to not look like a slob when she’s looking ‘pro’.

• Do what u do, and find people that like what u do. Simple

0|0
    0|0
  • Me and her are different.. that’s the best part of it.

0|0
    0|0
  • No if you ever change yourself for someone then the relationship will fail

0|0
    0|0
  • what does SO mean

0|0
    0|0
  • Fuck no

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes