What is your opinion about the modeling industry concentrating on plus sizes?

Lately I have seen that plus size is getting big in the industry! One of the biggest plus size models in the world is Ashley Graham. But what are your opinions on plus size being a big part in the industry nowWhat is your opinion about the modeling industry concentrating on plus sizes??

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Social justice warriors are out to ruin everything.

People will prefer what they want to prefer. Western society has had a long-standing preference for skinny girls, which is why skinny models are selected.

Fat, obese, and even average sized American women (average American = fat) are less desired, and so any company that hires larger models tend to have less sales. There's no real incentive to use larger models when it becomes an anchor that sinks your ship.

I prefer not to have SJWs trying to regulate what is freedom of expression and freedom to run one's business how they want. If certain people have a problem with the use of skinny models only, then stop buying their product. If your view is a popular one, then the company will naturally change their sales/advertising tactics to accommodate customers.

But I can tell you that fat/obese women generally lack the confidence to wear certain types of fashion clothing. So what's the point in having large models wear them, when the customer would never buy it in the first place.

0|2
    3|1
    • The fatties are here to stay. Deal with it.

• Show All
    • Is that the best you got? Fat and boring... Such a catch.

• @Presidentt It's ok. Little penises matter. And tbh, I bet I could get more dates than you. Hell, you can't even show your mug on here. You probably can't even get a fat chick.

Most Helpful Girl

• The plus size section is a drop in the ocean for the fashion industry. Just because it’s getting more publicity and beautiful bigger women are standing up for their figure (like Ashley Graham, Iskra Lawrence, Robyn Lawley) doesn’t mean it’s glorifying obesity like so many seem to scream about.
    These women don’t have the same body types the majority of heavy/overweight women do, they still aren’t the average woman they’re simply showing a different shape - and that even being bigger can still wear certain clothing and look/feel attractive.

I don’t think the modelling industry is concentrating on the plus size sector, they’re just leaving a door open to it. Many brands still refuse to make bigger sizes as is their right and I doubt that’s ever going to change

3|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 190

• About damn time. The woman pictured, is a healthy, grown WOMAN. How did that became outside of beaty, to the point wear her size is impossible to find many styles in or minimum it has to be ordered out for, and /or cost considerably more. To make size 5 and under a standard is preposterous, especially in this country.

3|3
    3|2
  • It's dumb. There's a reason why Seth Rogen has a comedy type of body and not a model kind of body. Why would it be different for women?

Models are not supposed to represent the reality in perfection, but an ideal version of something. The term itself says so.

Maybe, just maybe, less women should be concerned that they don't look like Juliana Moreira in the first place, since most men don't expect that from them, as you don't expect me to look like Ryan Reynolds.

2|4
    0|0
  • On the surface it sounds like they are trying to challenge the classical beauty standards, but upon closer look you will see that they only hire overweight women with thin facial structure, I have yet seen a plus size model with a fat face.
    So in the end we changed from telling young girls "being fat is ugly" to "being fat isn't ugly as long as you have a thin pretty face".

5|0
    0|0
  • sure why not lol... like who said modelling is reserved for skinny model...
    doesn't the real world have many sizes of people... well how do they know how something looks if they can't see a model about their size wearing that outfit...
    lol no kidding huh hahah

2|1
    0|0
  • Plus size women need to buy clothing just as much as anyone else. Perhaps the fashion industry is realizing that this is a market that they haven’t fully tapped into. And I’d imagine that plus size women would like to see the clothes on models with a body type that is similar to their own. So I think it makes sense that these models are becoming more well known.

1|1
    0|0
  • If 60% of your comsumers are overweight then you will invent a term that doesn't sound like fat such as "plus size" then aggressively sell that and allocate most of your advertising budget to target your most common consumers.

They want their stuff sold. They can't sell XS size clothes when nearly all of their customers are XXXL.

3|0
    0|0
  • to me normal models are weird looking. i'll marry a plus size girl like the one in the pic any day. plus size makes them sound fat when in reality theyre fuckin sexy as fuck. we're not talking obese here. this is a good look on a woman

3|2
    0|1
  • It is not possible to have an opinion on something that doesn't actually exist. The modeling industry is NOT concentrating on anything other than what they always concentrate on. Do a REAL survey, not just an utterly uninformed impression. What actual percent of the industry is doing plus size? What actual percent of the big-money shows are about plus size? There is no concentration. You merely noticed a tiny proportion of the business and think that it defines the universe.

2|1
    1|0
    • Yes, you're correct.

You can't have an opinion based on something that is not a fact.

• Absolutely on point.

I want to add: if i'd be a lingerie fashion line or something, i'd sure focus on big modeks too. "FOCUS" because it helps keep the feminist off your back. It's all about selling (so thin, models with female curves), and pr (so, some big models. And some cool models that are just there for having an interesting instagram, black models, anything)

there is always some "type" of people that is going to be excluded in something. Or when have you last seen a REAL black woman (i mean those with real black skin, not rihanna-style) on stage, on the catwalk or screen.
      curvy women are beautiful. Big ones too. To me at least. But i am a minority. So why in the fudge should any company focus on my personal preference? They shouldn't. They should focus on what MOST people think is beautiful. Because that makes the most money. Creates more jobs. Brings better opportunities.

• It's great! Why shouldn't the industry cater towards the trending image type? It's ridiculous that the industry has been fucusing on tiny women for so long considering that very few women actually look like that. The male industry has similar issues too. I certainly don't look like most male models and I know about three people that do.

3|1
    0|1
  • its an amazing thought and amazing idea for those people who get demoralised all because of how they look physically, and from decades we have been seeing lean models for watsoever brands and i can understand somehow plus size people must have thought -"its not for us" so doing something like this is a really good idea because now they can be free from their mind and soul that they are no different. 😊

3|1
    0|0
  • Does anyone actually think that corporations give a fuck about fat women? No. They want you to see this photo and think "wow a model with cellulite and stretch marks just like me, I am now willing to buy whatever product they are selling to me."

This is all a marketing ploy, not some social movement where we can pretend that heart disease isn't a leading cause of death in the United States.

3|1
    0|0
    • Exactly. and that's how it should be. Women are not going to buy something that only skinny women are modeling. This is why I like that they are adding heavyweight women now! it's realistic and more women are going to get a good idea on what looks good on them and what would not.

• Show All
    • Well I'm not heavyweight I'm actually skinny lol but I don't mind at all, I think it's smart. For example, if all the models from the lingerie store "Victoria secret" were fat then I wouldn't want to shop there because I wouldn't see it as a store for myself. I don't see it as a movement that is encouraging unhealthy habits, therefore, it doesn't bother me at all. I have seen young girls become obsessed because they believed victoria secret models became skinny by starving themselves. There are pros and cons to both sides. In reality, victoria secret models are naturally skinny and even though they workout, their body types are different. Even though i'm skinny, my body type isn't the same as a victoria secret model and never will be no matter how much I try and i'm okay with that. Same with the heavyweight models, they are naturally like that too.

• I also don't believe the majority of men actually care about the health and well being of the women of the US. Not saying that you are one of those men. But skinny women are also unhealthy. I have heard many horror stories. I remember reading that some victoria secret models don't drink water for a total of I believe 3 days to look extra skinny for fashion shows. Many do get dizzy. SKinny doesn't mean healthy. Fat also doesn't mean unhealthy. I actually met a women who is 280 pounds. She had always been involved in sports but freshman year in college she developed a disorder that caused her to gain weight at a fast-paced that she developed bruises. She worked out like crazy and dieted crazy and only lost 5 pounds in two months. While working out a guy called her a pig and spat in her face. It's sad, but I think majority of people only care about the beauty standards more than the health of a person.

• I think plus size is just a phrase people use as an excuse to feel better about having put on a bit of weight.
    What defines plus size is unclear as well. It seems to range from the morbidly obese to the most thinnest women who have just noticed that they have developed a tiny belly.

3|0
    0|0
    • Plus sized is average

• Show All
    • @nutshell234
      I have looked up this sort of thing in the past and I have always seen it as an excuse people use for gaining a little weight and being insecure about it. It seems to be exclusive to women.
      Again, you can claim plus size is average but as many here have mentioned and quoted, it is clearly a size above average.
      I have seen many models who are plus size, it's not a new concept to me. The confusing aspect is that when I look up pictures of "plus size" I get a range of different examples ranging from those women with genuine hourglass figures, the obese and thin women who have developed a bit of a belly overtime. There seems to be no hard and fast rule for plus size here but I can be very sure that it isn't average and its normality is determined on a case by case basis.

• According to the CDC, the average American woman is a size 14, and yet the dominant sizes in the industry are 0, 2, and 4. At size 8, the plus-size models are considerably smaller than the average American women, and if that isn't indicative of how delusional we are about what the majority of woman's bodies look like, I don't know what is.

• It is hilarious. Now we know that the concentration of marketable money out there resides with huge women. Ten years from now they will be concentrating their marketing on obesity diseases such as diabetes. Now they are nasty inside and out--hahaha

Think I will go run 10 miles after seeing this

1|1
    0|0
  • What they call "plus size" is not even plus sized usually. It pretty much the typical healthy body shape and size. So I say it is about damn time, and now they just need to call them regular models instead of plus size.

1|1
    0|0
  • Nice! If you mean modeling industry in America only then it shows America has embraced obesity. Women with eating disorders (anorexia, bulimia) or overweight women with health issues should not be models. Curvy healthy women and flabby women should be models along with natural thin women that eat healthy.

1|0
    1|0
    • Why shouldn't they? Having rail thin women with eating disorders was the norm, and that's always been unattractive.

• Show All
    • @Sortin

Models are not role-models and it is "who can sell" not just who will. The demand is driven by attractive women and the plus-size models have to be at least attractive like Ashley Graham. It is not only social response as plus-size models expand their teach for more sales along with promotion; but, since more fat women exist in America as you point out it is an obvious pivot by modeling industry to increase profits. I agree with you as I am simply pointing out in America they should promote healthy women as models, so it can socially and also monitarily help American society.

• Extreme models at either end of the spectrum (too thin & super sized) should be banned as they are unhealthy (according to doctors). I’m not saying where the line should be drawn tho but I have notions.

2|0
    0|0
  • I think it's hot. I love a woman w curves and a little jiggle when she walks. Twig thin women do nothing for me and sex w them hurts all bones and sharp points. I love buying my wife nighties and sexy shit, she is very close to the woman pictured and it turns me on! Will send pics to prove it! Lol. JUST KIDDING TO THE GAG TROLLS!!

1|1
    1|0
  • I think they're doing themselves a massive disservice that's ultimately gonna lead to some hard times for the industry.
    Given the fact that mostly men pay attention to models, turning them into whales is gonna drive their main demographic away, all just to virtue signal how progressive they are by letting fat women wear unflattering clothing

2|0
    1|0
    • Men aren’t the target demographic, models are displaying clothes for those who are going to purchase them.
      Last time I checked the majority of women chose what they would wear, just because men might ogle some photos after the fact doesn’t mean that’s the directive that an industry should cater to. The industry is dominated by male designers, not male customers - spank bank material is in abundance everywhere else.

https://i.imgur.com/UmddxdW.jpg
      https://i.imgur.com/CEFoLC4.jpg
      https://i.imgur.com/O423APG.jpg

• Show All
    • Go through the comments and it’s abundantly clear that MANY men don’t share your sentiment because plus sized women often still have better bodies than the “regular” women you’re saying are better. Just because YOU are attracted to thinner women, which is perfectly fine, doesn’t mean that the majority share your preference against the woman pictured.
      And I haven’t dismissed it without saying why, I’ve literally spelt out why you thinking plus sized models will drive away their main demographic (which isn’t men, again as I’ve clarified and with statistics) isn’t correct and you couldn’t come back with anything - literally your words.
      If people are going to throw around comments like yours, at least have the conviction and information - hell I’ll even take LOGIC- to back them up.
      Otherwise just call it what it is; one guys opinion on why he doesn’t like average women calling themselves plus sized models: it ruins his spank bank

• okay

• They’re a tiny tiny tiny piece of the industry. Less than 1% of runway and less than 2% overall.

4|3
    0|0
  • I fully am alright with the meaning why they’re doing it behind it, but I feel like it would make women not care at all about them being overweight anymore, sure, no girl should feel bad in their own body, but maybe overweight women would think like “oh, overweight women are models, I don’t have to chance a thing” but it can really be unhealthy so that’s what I’m worried about

0|0
    1|0
  • It is awesome. I get sick of seeing unrealistic women showing us stuff no woman wears. I don't date skinny women, I am not turned on by overly skinny women. It just isn't reality. I consider the woman shown in that picture to be pretty skinny. So if she is a "plus" size model, they need to get more realistic then that.

0|0
    0|0
    • dude the + size women look just as ridiculous. They always have skinny faces and perfectly toned skin.

• Ashley Graham is the closest I have to a celebrity crush

but I think it's good that women see that women of all shapes and sizes can be attractive. It's true and the only thing holding women back from realizing that are themselves, their insecurities. There was this girl I worked with, who was fat, but I was so attracted to her, but she didn't believe me. She thought I was just being nice. I was, but I did find her attractive.

0|0
    0|1
  • The modeling industry shows every kind of girl. You don't even have to be attractive to be a model. So when someone tells me they model it doesn't mean anything to me. If they're attractive to me, they're attractive. Ashley Graham definitely does not have an attractive body and even her face is too big in my opinion.

1|0
    3|0
  • I think it is a complete disgrace.
    Unhealthy lifestyles should be publicly shunned and ostracized, not promoted.

I think the fashion industry should make it a point to not partake in this farce by refusing to manufacture and promote plus size clothing.
    Promoting obese people like Ashley Graham and telling people that it is ok to be fat like her, is only making matters worse.

1|0
    2|0
    • Oh right. But it's okay to be skinny and underweight like most of the models are? What is wrong with you? It's called body positivity. It's her choice, not yours. A lot of people are overweight and it's not always a result of unhealthy eating and even if it is, then again it's their choice. The fashion industry has already shunned overweight people, especially women and now it's time to finally make a change where everyone is accepted. Whatever body type you have.

• Show All
    • @gracieminor. THANK YOU!!

• @Stellastarling
      "That if underweight girls are being portrayed then why not overweight or obese?"

Because as much as the fat-loving SJW media want to villainize "underweightness", it is not a deadly epidemic and the leading cause of cancer and cardiovascular diseases.
      How many "underweight" women looking like models you see running around every day?
      Probably not many, right?

And with overweight and obese people slowly coming to represent 70% of the population of the US, which one you think is the actual problem?

The fitness that takes a ton of effort and dedication that, clearly, people are not willing to expend on themselves no matter how many skinny women we shove down their throats, or the fatness that takes no effort at all that has seemingly become "the standard" for general populace?

• I think it is not good, as it sends out the message, that it doesn't matter if you get overweight. Models should be role models and we can't expect future generations to become fitter again, if the role models are overweight.

1|1
    0|0
  • It's all just to make fat people feel better. I Use to be fat and I hated it. There's so many health risks that come with it and being unhealthy is not attractive. Is shows a lack of self respect or blatant stubbornness that they can be healthy while over weight

2|0
    2|0
    • You do realize that not everybody is overweight on purpose? Some people aren't able to lose weight due to medical conditions. I'm glad you feel comfortable enough to insult people without understanding where they are coming from.

• Show All
    • If you're 30-40 pounds over weight you're obese, and the woman in the picture isn't obese, I'm ok with someone having a little extra is fine and even attractive to a point. But i think if you allow yourself to to get 30-40 pounds overweight you are cutting your life short just because you can't find the will power to go to the gym and eat better. You don't have to look like a model, I sure don't, but at least look like you care whether you make it past 60.

• Another thing is that there may be other factors. People may have other stresses in life that may cause obesity. It doesn't always happen because people just let go without any reason.

• Instead of encouraging fitness, the modelling industry has encouraged both extremes. Incredible skinnyness or flat-out obesity. And this is an effective and efficient marketing strategy. If you think about it logically, it makes a great deal of sense. In this day and age more and more people are gaining weight so why not appeal to this increasing demographic. Being fat is unhealthy. I'm not encouraging bullying fat people but it is a fat.

1|0
    1|0
  • It's too wonky. Media started picking it up as a word for fat chicks. Guest that's bound to happen to any word we come up with in this feel good about living unhealthy as fuck bullshit society. We can't have a word for "just not skinny"girls.

1|1
    0|0
  • It is just showbiz pushing it but it doesn't mean that men prefer it. They have been pushing this whole big Kim kardashian ass thing for awhile too be the reality of it is most guys are not into it.

The media will force trends and it's unfortunate that women fall for it but guys are not easily changed when it comes the physical appearance.

0|0
    0|0
    • just curious, is the average layperson in America really not into the whole lady with a big ass thing? I saw so many photos on social media that it seems like an incredibly attractive asset. interestingly, these photos are mostly taken by people in the US so it doesn't seem like people in other countries find it attractive.

• Show All
    • actually my qns is regarding perception of beauty, whether attractiveness is now associated with that kind of really curvy back view, rather than whether people do smt to manipulate their bodies to achieve such a look. you know like how in recent years fashion models with toned and slightly curvy bodies are regarded as being more attractive than those with the traditional slender/v thin bodies. anw the photos I coincidentally seen on social media of women with the big ass look are of laypeople or social media star wannabes (because I don't follow celebrities). I think I'd once seen the look on a guy! 😱 my eyes.

• @mikan8 No the perception of beauty has not changed. The perception of trends and styles will always change though.
      The thing is big eyes always look cuter, clear and soft looking skin will always be better, an aerodynamic butt and breasts will always look better, etc, etc.

• I like all the people that have a problem with this. Has anybody ever seen models that are incredibly skinny? Do people not know that being too skinny can be unhealthy and unattractive too?

3|1
    0|1
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 88

• Well sure it's nice for girls to see diversity , I'm fine with it as long as they are normal body types and not advertising obesity

3|2
    1|1
  • I love it!! Modeling isn't about weight. You are a model! You are modeling clothes! clothes do not always come in size small. Last time I was looking at a magazine and there were models modeling bathing suits and finally, I saw a model who was heavyweight. I said, " finally something realistic!" Many moms especially or older women are not toned or have slim tummies. So it is nice. I don't think it's encouraging fatness or to be unhealthy. Skinny models can encourage unhealthiness. young girls become obsessed with losing weight and either start starving themselves or get low self-esteem. It's sad. When I went to middle school every girl was obsessed! it made me irritated because i got tired of it. It seemed unhealthy. I didn't grow up looking at America's next top model or playing with barbies because my parents didn't want me to have unmeaningful thoughts at a young age. But I am in great shape and feel great. By working out, eating healthy, and by being confident! :) The models you see shouldn't set the standards but it's great to see someone you can relate with who has the same body type as you. i see nothing wrong with it.

2|1
    0|0
  • Im not skinny, but i dont think being plus sized should be supported/encouraged. They still need to hit the gym too, model or not. And although some do, most take the saying “be comfortable in your skin” and assume that means you dont have to workout when they really still should

5|2
    1|0
  • They seriously should stop calling Ashley graham plus size because she is not fat. She is curvy and would have an hourglass figure if it wasn’t for a little bit of baby fat. They should find another term like curvaceous because when I think of plus size I think of fat. And they shouldn’t have fat models because it’s not that some fat women aren’t beautiful but it’s because it encourages people to stop giving a flying fuck about their health amidst an obesity epidemic

3|3
    0|2
  • Plus size? Eh no. If they focused on healthy size? Fuck yes!

Why does it have to be on either tiny or big? Why not just in between?

4|3
    0|0
    • Skinny people make the clothes look good and that's the point. To sell clothes

• Promoting different body types is good. It would be better to do so with healthy ones though. It would make much more sense to put muscular, short or curvy women on posters and in magazines, rather than Ashley Graham. She has a gorgeous face but she’s fat, which isn’t something people should look up to.

2|0
    1|1
  • I'm impressed of all the men here that embrace this. The few fat shammers are just gonna have to deal with reality. The majority of women dont have bodies like skinny models. So if it's ok to promote women who are a little underweight then I don't see why we can't promote women a little overweight. The same with guys. Let's get some plus size guys modeling stuff.😋

0|2
    0|2
  • it's not healthy and it's making the obesity problem in america worse by saying this is ok and all guys should like you or they're (and I cringe at this word pretty bad almost as bad as islamaphobic) fat phobic (*shivers* these words which aren't even words are so stupid they need to be erased from existence they're so cringy)

2|1
    0|0
  • People come in different shapes and sizes. All I see is why cater to one size only when you have a variety of sizes from ultra petite to plus size? We petite people can't help being petite or the super tall ones can't help being tall either? It's like foundation. It used to come only in 3 different shades. Light, Medium, Dark. Now it has a wide range of different shades... No need to fat shame or skinny shame people.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think these women own it! I’d rather know that these models are able to eat freely instead of restricting themselves to only hundreds of calories a day, like with high fashion models on runways. Plus size is sometimes just a “normal” American size anyway, so I think it’s good to cater toward the average size in America. However, I do wish there will be shows that mix thinner models and thicker models together, to appeal to most body types, since everyone’s different! :)

0|1
    0|1
  • She's the biggest? When I read that part, I expected something more like Mama June before weight loss.
    Anyway, I don't really care as long as being really fat doesn't become somehow fashionable since it causes a lot of health problems.

1|0
    1|0
  • it makes sense. there should be clothes to fit the bodies of all women. not just size 00s. honestly, it makes tremendous financial sense too. this is an untapped market. there's tons of money to be made.

3|0
    0|0
    • U r right.. Der r different body shapes and it's natural.. Nit just skinny shows

• The average American woman is like a size 10-14 so why should they portray small sizes only? It makes sense. Ashley is cool, she's a good role model in terms of body confidence, and she does workout n eat healthy so it's not like she's out there eating chips 24/7 and advertising for everyone to be fat, she's just making money and living her life so I see no issues. Live and let live.

1|0
    0|0
  • Meh, don't really care. I don't follow beauty standards and rarely care about any model, skinny or plus size. Ever since I grew out of my insecure teenage phase, I stopped caring about who walks down the runway.

1|1
    2|0
  • It doesn't bother me. I see no reason to get upset at different types of people being represented in the modeling industry. It accurately reflects society. In real life, body types are diverse so it makes sense for women of different sizes to be acknowledged.

0|0
    0|0
    • Companies aren't concerned being acknowledging people. Plus size does make sense to them for marketing for plus sized women though. I never paid attention, but I'd be surprised if big women modeling for big girl clothes didn't exist 10 or 30 years ago. The only reason I would think that may be the case is maybe seeing a big girl model or act attractive may have been seen as ridiculous.

The plus size movement is probably groups trying to leverage public perception of what is acceptably attractive.

• Show All
    • I wonder when the big beautiful modeling man movement will happen though

• @cavmanier Yeah, I get what you're saying. I wouldn't care if "plus size" men were in the media more either. I don't think anyone has the right to say "you HAVE to be attracted to X, Y, Z" but from what I've noticed, it doesn't seem like the majority are saying that. I've mostly only seen people within the movement saying "just because you aren't attracted to larger body types doesn't mean you should insult them and it doesn't mean they should be ashamed of their size." (at least, that's been my personal perception of it, maybe guys see it differently, I don't know).

• both extremes are not good to promote. the truth is that plus size is unhealthy. it is not right to promote having a high BMI. Just because it reflects 'normal people' doesn't mean we should promote it.

3|0
    1|0
  • I see a need to sell clothes and lingerie to plus size women. So why not advertise using them. They have to shop too. However I have been working very hard to remove myself from that catagory and I can admit that seeing it everywhere doesn't really help. I also don't think it helped to see skinny little starved models either. I am bery proud of the rise in fitness modeling with a focus on muscles.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't really care as long as they don't skinny shame, Ashley is fucking hot though, half the men here would plow her and maybe I would too.

0|5
    0|0
  • I love it. As a plus sized girl myself I'm obviously biased, but I also find plus sized women very attractive. I can't resist the curves 😍

3|1
    0|0
  • I think they also need to focus on petite women (slim or but very short) as well.

5|1
    0|0
  • I love plus sized girls and I love that they're getting a focus because they're gorgeous.
    As long as it doesn't focus on solely plus size girls though, ya' still need to show skinny girls some love too.

1|0
    0|0
  • Marilyn Monroe would be considered plus size by today's standards!!! The Modeling Industry is a Fraud!!!

2|2
    0|0
  • I think it is telling girls that being overweight is "sexy" and "normal". This is NOT normal for the majority of people. I do not condone extremely skinny or extremely overweight models.

5|0
    2|0
    • But the reality is she is the norm of most the non 3rd world countries today

• Well, since "Plus Size" in the modelling industry apparently includes my size (Size 8), I'm fine with it. However, if obesity is involved, I don't agree with it.

2|0
    0|0
  • I think it is fabulous!

Ashley looks good. It is when grossly obese models try to wear the stuff thinner models that is gets out of control.

1|2
    0|0
  • I say that it's about fucking time. Not all girls are stick thin (not saying that your weight isn't beautiful, just saying that the industry focused on noodle girls for too long). To be honest, I want an even mix. My opinion may be biased considering the fact that I am on the heavier side, but I just want all woman of all sizes and all colors and all beliefs (even if I disagree with them) to be represented in modeling. Your body be beautiful, love.

1|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't really bother me, some of the plus size models are really sexy.
    However the "plus size" models who are clearly obese (Tess Holiday), promote an unhealthy image. I personally would never want to be more than a size 10. Another thing that pisses me off is that black women have been embracing their fuller figures for years yet no one is giving them the spotlight.

P. S Zach miko is a cute male plus size model.

0|0
    0|0
  • Disgusting. It's really just promoting being overweight and unhealthy so that the big corporations like McDonalds etc. can earn more money when these people binges themselves.

1|1
    3|1
    • Yes, because obviously all the skinny models promoting being skinny is entirely realistic and achievable and everybody should follow their example.

• Show All
    • I'm saying your generalizing based on your initial comment and your bashing of these people. I agree that being unhealthy to the point where you become overweight or obese is not good. When I initially read the original question, i didn't automatically assume that plus size meant obese. Like, I said, I agree with you, the more obese you are, the more unattractive it is. But is the woman in that picture really that unacceptable to you, or disgusting as you put it. I hardly think these modeling companies are thinking of McDonald's when these pictures are taken. The whole idea of beauty isn't dependant on a few extra sizes. Bring slight bigger than average isn't disgusting in my opinion.

• @someguy81 yes she is disgusting to me with those legs and love handles that she proudly shows.

• I love it because it proves even if you have a some weight on you your still beautiful it help younger girls think they don't have to starve themselves to be pretty or wanted

1|1
    0|1
    • My 15 year old grand daughter is screwed by genetics, her mom is 5' and over 200lbs but that is partly her life style too I know, her dad is 5'4" 220lbs of sold thick US ARMY Ranger so she has it tough. She is 4'10" probably 140 or so has 34D breasts and struggles all the time trying to look like those twiggy sickly looking women. We tell her all the time as long as you are healthy as u can be love who u are! She is gorgeous and I hope she never lets those lies run her life!

• I know that most of models have to stave themselves to be "ideal" body and fit to all clothes in run away. I do learn fashion, and in my opinion skinny models still best. Why? Because when you want to buy some clother, specially women, love to see how perfect that clothes will fit on perfect body. No matter what is your body shape. So, for me, yes, you hard to erase skinny models

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes