What is your opinion about the modeling industry concentrating on plus sizes?

Lately I have seen that plus size is getting big in the industry! One of the biggest plus size models in the world is Ashley Graham. But what are your opinions on plus size being a big part in the industry nowWhat is your opinion about the modeling industry concentrating on plus sizes??

89191

Most Helpful Guy

• Social justice warriors are out to ruin everything.

People will prefer what they want to prefer. Western society has had a long-standing preference for skinny girls, which is why skinny models are selected.

Fat, obese, and even average sized American women (average American = fat) are less desired, and so any company that hires larger models tend to have less sales. There's no real incentive to use larger models when it becomes an anchor that sinks your ship.

I prefer not to have SJWs trying to regulate what is freedom of expression and freedom to run one's business how they want. If certain people have a problem with the use of skinny models only, then stop buying their product. If your view is a popular one, then the company will naturally change their sales/advertising tactics to accommodate customers.

But I can tell you that fat/obese women generally lack the confidence to wear certain types of fashion clothing. So what's the point in having large models wear them, when the customer would never buy it in the first place.

• The fatties are here to stay. Deal with it.

• Is that the best you got? Fat and boring... Such a catch.

• @Presidentt It's ok. Little penises matter. And tbh, I bet I could get more dates than you. Hell, you can't even show your mug on here. You probably can't even get a fat chick.

Most Helpful Girl

• The plus size section is a drop in the ocean for the fashion industry. Just because it’s getting more publicity and beautiful bigger women are standing up for their figure (like Ashley Graham, Iskra Lawrence, Robyn Lawley) doesn’t mean it’s glorifying obesity like so many seem to scream about.
    These women don’t have the same body types the majority of heavy/overweight women do, they still aren’t the average woman they’re simply showing a different shape - and that even being bigger can still wear certain clothing and look/feel attractive.

I don’t think the modelling industry is concentrating on the plus size sector, they’re just leaving a door open to it. Many brands still refuse to make bigger sizes as is their right and I doubt that’s ever going to change