Do guys prefer girls with no makeup, little makeup, or a lot of makeup?

I always hear guys saying oh they want a natural girl with no makeup but whenever they notice the imperfections a girl has (for ex: dark circles, acne marks, etc.), they are like eh. So what is it that guys prefer?

No makeup, little makeup (Just powder and concealer for ex.), or full faced makeup?

• No makeup/bare-faced
    Vote A
  • Minimal makeup
    Vote B
  • Full faced makeup
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• 'Natural Look' make-up. It's the same as everything, though. Everyone has to find out which look works best for them. Some girls suit the 'Fake' look. Others don't.

4|0
    0|0
    • Finally an honest guy lmao 🙄

• I work with girls. So I've been educated in certain things lol.
      Men don't really know that 'Natural Makeup' exists. I found out that women spend hours in the hair dressers the other week.

It only takes us 35 mins, max.

• I love a confident girl who's comfortable in her own skin. I personally dig the natural look but I can get into full make up in certain styles for certain occasions. I want her to feel beautiful. There's nothing wrong with make up but she should be wearing it for herself not anyone else

1|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I don't think you could get a completely honest answer here. Many guys that say they're into the no-makeup look are the same ones following dozens of girls with contoured kardasian faces on their instagrams.
    If men really wanted natural looking women they wouldn't spend so much time drooling over the ones with fake eye lashes, drawn in eyebrows and deep red lip sticks/smokey eye shadows.
    I think real beauty has become extremely skewed and almost forgotten because with enough makeup and instagram filters, any old troll can look like hot shit.

1|0
    0|0
    • Or they don't realise that the girls who say they're wearing no makeup HAVE GOT THAT SHIT DYED AND TATTOOED ON :'):')

• Easy : no makeup are for those girl born with the beauty standards of today world... and makeup for those who can't have plastic cirjury done on their face too reach the standard of beauty the world think u need.

Try asking ur question to a girl with bunch of gushing pus pimples..

So the question is not :which one is better? but which one works better on each person ,;)!!

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 52

• The less the better.
    The moment that the makeup is *visible* as makeup it is definitivly too much for my taste.
    Don't get me wrong, a *tiny* amount of makeup *can* enchance her already existing features at times but most girls just use way, way, way, way too much of the stuff...

0|0
    0|0
  • Same old question again. I prefer a 10 mm thick layer of makeup on girls.

1|2
    0|0
  • I can understand wanting to use some but use as close to none as possible, wouldn't you rather someone be interested in your natural beauty rather then a caked on face? Plus not using a lot of make up seems more confident to me

0|1
    0|0
  • Being honest here, most girls look better with at least a little bit of makeup. It depends on your attraction level without makeup. If you're hideous, cover it up and paint that face. If you're average, a little eyeliner wouldn't hurt. If you're blessed with genetics, own that shit and fuck the makeup. Natural beauty is the best way to go.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think all women look beautiful in their own ways but I prefer a woman who uses lite makeup or none. I don’t understand the heavy make up. 1 they are hiding something beneath the layers of make up. And add that to the eyebrows that sometimes might look nice but they go overboard with that just like the makeup.

0|0
    0|0
  • All women are beautiful... just adding a bit of make up, makes their face features pop and that extra "WOW" factor

4|0
    0|0
    • Yes ^. Makeup shouldn’t be a cover up or a complete face change, but used to accentuate your features (unless it’s occasional or for drag or something).

• Minimal make up, to the point of just enhancing her natural qualities, not trying to hide some flaws.

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe that everyone is beautiful, internally and externally although I understand if girls don't feel comfortable enough and want to wear make up to give themselves that boost we all need sometimes.

0|0
    0|0
  • In my opinion makeup should be used only to conceal some temporary damages on the face. Also another usage which I think most guys are fine with are the ones around the eyes, but only if done right. Any other is distasteful in my honest opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some make-up improves beauty.
    Lots of make-up looks like it's not the same person and I'm being tricked. Plus I prefer kisses without lipstick.

0|0
    0|0
  • What guys "want" is no make-up, that looks like minimal make-up. If there's "imperfections" then it depends on the guy. On the whole, they bug the girl more than they do bug guys

0|0
    0|0
  • The reason why i prefer no make up : so i dont get fooled when i ask someone out and then find out she doesn't look good without it.

1|0
    0|0
    • Lol you can't be that 18 year old blonde right?

• No or little makeup are perfectly fine, I don't like it if the whole face looks like it came straight out of some heavily photoshopped ad...

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe it's up to the wearer of the makeup I could care less how much as long as I'm not looking at a clown where it's so caked on that it just looks like someone painted your face

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the face so faces are better with makeup but some faces become worse after makeup

1|1
    0|0
  • Little to none. I love a woman's imperfections. It's what makes her unique.

Eyeliner (and eye shadow if done right) is HAWT AF though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tbh it depends on the girl. Some girls no makeup but sometimes there are annoying things on people's faces so sometimes a little is best.

0|0
    0|0
  • Natural every time, best way to know who has overdone it with the drugs.

0|1
    0|0
  • You don't get surprise when you woke up in the morning

0|2
    0|0
  • I don't really mind. I have dark circles under my eyes and some scarring and I'm not gonna wear makeup so she can do whatever she prefers.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do prefare girls with out make up but I also think if there's a lot of pressure to look your best so as long as she is happy that is what matter x

0|0
    0|0
  • Who was the girl who answered the third option?
    *facepalm*
    No makeup at all is definitely more attractive and decent

0|0
    0|0
    • Me 😂
      It's not like girls are ugly without make up or that I'm ugly without, but I prefer a little more make up on my face.

• Show All
    • Because I've been doing the same things for a long time 😂
      I know al the steps.

• As little makeup as they feel comfortable wearing. Faces are beautiful just the way they are.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lipstick and eye shadow to match her top. Nothing else.

0|0
    0|0
  • minimal, enough to look natural but not enough to look like a drag queen

0|0
    0|0
  • Girl with little makeup are good enough... but without makeup they look like Annabelle

0|0
    0|0
  • Little to no make up. Too much and you look like a clown.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only natural.. i want to see what i am dealing with lol

0|1
    2|1
  • I think gals look good without makeup bt boys surely need makeup

0|0
    0|0
  • It looks really good if it's well matched with the costume.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 12

• It’s common for guys to say they like no makeup better, but in reality they like some of it to cover the girl’s imperfections. It’s the “no-makeup” makeup look.

5|0
    0|3
    • The "imperfections" are what makes you different from everyone else

• Show All
    • I agree with silver queen. Men love women a woman with a full face of makeup when they cannot tell she is wearing makeup!

Psht, love perfections my bottom. Look at a girl covered in scars, pimples, and blemishes and then watch how many men run to a comparable girl covered in makeup that they cannot spot but that hides those imperfections.

• @Wolfcat Exactly. Lol

• The thing is everyone gets acne or other skin imperfections even males so don't feel like you have to wear makeup to impress other people we are all human here lol
    I'm not saying that makeup is bad but I feel like its more of an art in a way cause some people suck at putting on makeup while others look amazing it probably depends on the brand you use and all that as well I'm not an expert though

0|1
    0|0
  • Some days I go without make up, some days I just put eye make up on. It depends on my mood lol. I live with my partner and he dislikes make up so I don't wear it around him a lot. I usually only. wear make up sometimes when I'm going to work or going to church or out to dinner or something. But I don't believe make up is a necessity, it's just something I enjoy every once in a while.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's amazing how many guys think a girl is naturally beautiful but to a girl it's obvious that they're wearing concealer, mascara, eye liner and gloss. haha.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, no shit. You deal with something all day you get to know more about it. "Hur dhur I'm a magician, I totally saw what that other magician did, so obvious, you're all stupid an blind for not seeing it too." Sorry we're not masters of the art of deception and bullshit.

• I think guys are more into little/no makeup look but I think you should do whatever makes you happy besides who cares what they prefer d:

0|0
    0|0
  • they're going to say they like no make up. lol

they prefer when we wear a lot of make up

0|1
    0|2
    • I disagree I feel as though the majority of men feel make up is good but a lot makes you look like a prostitute

• i agree with you girl, i prefer when y'all wear make up, its best for both of us! we all know how y'all look without make up lmao

• I get more looks when I’m wearing no makeup or minimal like just foundation. Hopefully for a good reason though 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • I never wear makeup not even lipgloss, the closest I'll get to makeup is chapstick

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm that kind of girl who never wears makeup.

0|1
    3|0
  • They like no makeup

0|0
    0|0
  • Minimal makeup ( lips and eyes.)

0|0
    0|0
  • But guys probably call this bare-faced

2|1
    0|0
    • Look at the poll most of prefer minimal anyway most of us understand there are little things such as what you pointed out

Recommended myTakes