Do you feel ugly without makeup?

I feel absolutely disgusting. I have pretty oily skin and acne. I hate my face without makeup. It makes me really sad because I don't want to wear foundation all the time.

• Yes, I do
    Vote A
  • No, I don't
    Vote B
  • I'm a guy
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|1

Most Helpful Guy

• i may be a guy, but ill answer for my girlfriend. She used to feel really insecure but ever since she started dating me and i constantly reaffirmed that she looks gorgeous regardless of what she puts on,, and now she is confident in herself and her appearance.

4|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Not wearing makeup every day may help with the oily skin problem, and the longer you go without wearing makeup the easier it gets to accept your face without it. As of now, since you wear it everyday, that’s just what you perceive as what your face should look like, so of course you won’t be happy when it doesn’t look “normal”. It might make an easy transition if you cut back on different parts of makeup, like if you wear foundation, eyeshadow, mascara, blush, etc., then maybe start with cutting out the foundation and blush while keeping mascara and eyeshadow, and gradually drop away from eyeshadow until you’re just wearing mascara on a regular basis

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• I wish women would finally realize make up isn't as important as they think.

1|1
    1|0
  • Guys don't have time to make up! So I have to be so neutral...

1|0
    0|0
  • Women wear makeup to hide their own insecurities and to gain attention

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm a guy who likes girls with makeup or no makeup makes no difference to me.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes I do

2|0
    0|0
  • No I can be beautiful without it

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes 😢

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 41

• Not even close...

0|0
    0|0
  • Then don't wear it.
    Unless it's really really severe, If you don't talk about it and make it obvious that it makes you less confident then I'm sure noone will notice it or at least won't mind it.
    Don't be brainwashed by the photoshopped photos in magazines and cakey bakey faces on ig, pretty much noone has clean face so use something that is good for your skin but don't be self-conscious to go out without makeup.
    In the end the prettiest thing one can wear is smile

0|0
    0|0
  • I do. I have bags under my eye and pimples and a dark scar near my lip that looks like i have dirt or food near my mouth.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I rarely wear make up. I sometimes feel stupid wearing it, especially lip stick. It just gets everywhere and needs reapplying all the damn time. Stupid!

0|0
    0|1
  • I am really not the kind of woman to spend time on make up. I don't bother much with my hair and I suppose in a way I am really lucky that I have accepted my appearance for what it is, and don't struggle to find an image that others find appealing. However I just want to see that I am SO happy that this is the majority vote. It is great that women are able to feel comfortable in their own skin.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I don’t feel ugly without for me it’s just that I rarely put on make it’s usually every few months or so, so for me it’s just something nice and different buts that’s all

0|0
    0|0
  • A little. I have acne too so that's not really nice. However, I feel worse with make up on generally, too heavy, I prefer being ugly without make up :P

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel much better with it on, but I don't find myself hideous when I go out all natural.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't feel ugly without it, but I feel sexier and more confident with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • there's a cure for it, yes it is expensive, dermathologist
    The fact that puberty is a hard period having acne must be worst.
    Dont worry its not permanent if u save enough money for the treatment, im sure u will

Dont worry, ur not less than others, or deserve less

Life have its low and high... ur in a low... its gonna get high in the future

Dont wear makeup... it get worse.
    The worse thing that could happen is that some friends will call u ugly... emmm but... who need those kind of friends.. kick them out of ur live for being mean

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't own or wear makeup. That being said, yes I do feel ugly without makeup because I always feel ugly 😊😊😊 (someone pls set me on fire, thanks)

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I like to wear makeup but I don't mind going out without makeup. I don't wear that much makeup tho, I don't even put on any foundation so my face pretty much looks the same

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really ugly but I feel naked and like a kindergarten child without mascara.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't feel ugly although I like enhancing my feautures with makeup and I feel prettier with make up on

0|0
    0|0
  • No I actually feels a little bit of confident when. I. Don't use makeup.,.,.

1|0
    0|0
  • I feel like I look amazingly gorgeous when I don't wear makeup

1|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes, makeup has nothing to do with it though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tbh I don't wear makeup and I know I'm ugly so I embrace my ugliness because why the fuck not? I don't care.

0|0
    0|0
  • I cannot leave my house without eyeliner, it has become a shield and I feel downright ugly without it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I really love how I look without makeup I feel it's me and this is my natural beauty that I've to be proud of it

0|0
    0|0
  • I rarely ever wear makeup. I feel prettier without it actually.

0|0
    0|0
  • I really do not care if i wear make up or not. I also have oily skin and get breakouts from time to time. I also felt ugly if i didn't hide my acne before going out, but later on i just stop caring. It was tedious and expensive to constantly put on make up every single day. A big helper is to simply not give a fuck about other people. True friends don't care about your appearance and those who insult your face can fuck off. Its natural to deal with acne and oily skin and most people get that. So trust me when i say this. Do not feel ashamed over it. You can't change your skin type; you can only control the breakouts and treat your acne. It's something you'll grow out as your body develops throughout your teenage years. So don't worry about it. You already have a lot more to worry about as a teenager. No need to add more to the list.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think I look good without makeup.

1|0
    0|0
  • I always feel ugly

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I don't wear make up

1|0
    0|0
  • No, but I feel like a bum.