What The Heck Do You Wear On The First Date?

I have never been on a "date" considering how old I am. Sometimes I would hangout with one of my guy friends, but we were strictly just friends. I don't know what to wear? Like should I keep it casual or wear something glamorous, or do I have to get all dolled up? My friends usually have a skirt or nice bottom with a cute top on. Of course, I'm very bad with fashion. So like what the heck do I wear? I literally have like t shirts and jeans in my wardobe

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Cute but not over the top.

I went on dates with women who were clearly virgins but over-dressed and ended up looking like cheap hookers. The "inexperience" was sort of blatant and sort of a turn off.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with going for coffee on a first date wearing leggings and a cute sweater.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say something that reflects your style. I assume you’re in high school, like I, and will not be going to some type of bar or extremely fancy restaurant. So definitely dress casual, semi-casual. I’m a very feminine girl, so I’d likely wear some cropped white jeans, a gooey shirt and low rise converse. Again, let it reflect your style though!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 24

• I'm of the opinion that what you wear should be up to you as long as you're comfortable with your date and where he's taking you. I would advise you to be a bit reserved and limit physical contact on the first date. If he likes you and is sincerely interested in you and your feeling's, he'll be back for round two.

0|1
    0|0
  • Stay casual, unless they tell you that you're going to a high end event, you should probably wear sneakers so you can do fun stuff. Things you can move in. You can always ask where they're taking you so you dress for the event. I think it's okay that you dress how you usually do because that's how they see you when you're out and about normally.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wear something clean and best expresses you, if your normal fashion is pjs then thats what your date should see... If you wouldn't want your date pretending to be different somehow then why would you pretend yourself

0|0
    0|0
  • Be comfortable. I spent my twenties dressing uncomfortably. It's not worth it.

I mean, dress decent, just be comfortable.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wear something cute and comfy XD in case you have to walk a lot go with some cute flats. XD. And just enjoy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Something casual. Because clothes don't matter, they only provide first Impression. Only your attitude matters.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't ware anything heavy
    Keep it simple and some thing he might like
    Like his favourite color or ask his friends if possible
    Have a Gr8 date and a good relationship
    Happy 4 u

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly, anything that you feel comfortable in.. if you feel better, you will preform better and that’s what we want

0|0
    0|0
  • Something that’s attractive but appropriate to where you’re going.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dress casual, but nice.. try to be yourself ! :) but be careful to not let your thong show if you’re wearing one, he’ll think of you in a bad way xD

0|0
    0|0
  • Whatever the hell you want providing your comfortable and don't feel like an idiot.

1|0
    0|0
  • Ts and jeans are just fine. I view a woman more honorablely if they re modest

0|0
    0|0
  • Comfortable clothes that look decent

0|0
    0|0
  • A casual-formal optión well bañanced is the best

0|0
    0|0
  • Casaul cool clothe

0|0
    0|0
  • Clothes

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing

0|0
    0|0
  • can i need

0|0
    0|0
  • Jeans & sleeves

0|0
    0|0
  • You wear nothing

0|0
    0|0
  • Clothes or nothing at all

0|0
    0|0
  • Expensive clothing and look like I got cash

0|0
    0|1
  • Naked

0|0
    2|0
  • Wear nice designer levis

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 14

• You dress in a way that you feel confident, all while not seeming like you tried as hard as you yourself know you did. I’ve spent two hours getting ready before only to perfectly look cute but chill. Probably going a little extreme, haha.. but a lot of it really depends on the guy and how much you like him. Or, if you know he likes something in particular, try to cater to that! It’s always nice to let him know you pay attention to what he tells you and that you want to make him happy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Where are you going? That decides how dressy you need to be :) dates don't have to be fancy dinners with proper dresses on!

0|0
    0|0
  • Wear something casual but nice! You don't want to look like you tried to hard or like you didn't try at all! Wear some nice jeans with a nice too:) add some jewelry.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on where you’re going! I would do a cute top and jeans, not too over the top for a first date. Where are y’all going?

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends upon eye colour mood and personality just be yourself mostly and second toward comfy intelligent and well dressed something that looks good on any occasion men care less upon you're wearing the best label money can buy and more upon the girl for herself typically I'm a casual person and I wear Noire (darker colours) what one wears suites toward ones personality if bubbly vibrant go for that off laid back try casual if like myself absent of colour eye dress sense and mindset matters YW anymore advice do ask me :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh take me out on a date and I am wearing my fat Pants and no makeup! Welcome to your future!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Anything that makes you feel like you and your confident in it

0|0
    0|0
  • Comfortable clothes that brings you confidence.

0|0
    0|0
  • Clothes

0|0
    0|0
  • Casual

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on what you're going to do on the date, but wear something you like and feel comfortable wearing. Something nice and put together but still your style.

0|0
    0|0
  • Somethings nice but not to sexy so i dont want him to think im easy lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends where you’re going. But for me I always keep it casual. I wear like nice jeans, like skinny jeans and a casual tshirt or something maybe a necklace. Minimal makeup and a nice pair of boots is always a nice touch 👌

0|0
    0|0
  • I would wear something that says this is me by being comfortable and I'm trying to impress I'm trying to be my best

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm not trying to impress

Recommended myTakes