Do you judge people based on their appearance?

I do not wear makeup or dress in fancy clothes. my style is very bland/boyish. some people judge me and expect me to be all preppy and feminine and put in effort into how i look though im not interested in attracting people or following the latest trends. do you judge people like this? or no?

1940

Most Helpful Guy

• I would judge you for that, yes. Clothing and style is how we identify people's place in society. You not caring about your image tells me that you have some growing up to do before I would take you seriously.

• Wait a second. Just because someone doesn't put on makeup or wear the latest clothes means they don't care about themselves? Not wearing the latest trends does not equal being filthy or neglectful. It does however, say something about a person who is always up on the latest style and is as fake as can be. That's superficial and vain.

• Preppy clothes still don't equal well-dressed...

• @cherryphi82 She said caring about style in general, not just preppy styles.

Most Helpful Girl

• A bit... it's ingrained by now by society...
    But only if someone has a comb over, if they dress terribly for their body shape or if they dress in clothes way too small for them...
    Something like that...

I wish I didn't judge people that tiny bit based on looks, but I have to admit I sometimes do... and I try to control it, and never comment with other people.