Help , im insecure about my height?

i am 5'11 and no guy wants a giant. i have thought about surgery but I don't know what kind of surgery can shorten legs , arms and upper body. i hate my height so much , everyone noticies it and it makes me nervous and everyone makes fun of me and both short and tall guys are not attracted to tall girls. tall girls are not as attractive as short girls. its masculine to be tall. i wish i had gotten treatment for it when i was younger but i wasn't aware enough to tell my family i wanted treatment for it. it doesn't help that i have a masculine face , body and other stuff thats typically manly.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Im 511. Im pretty sure the height thing is mostly ur own insecurity. but yea some guys prefer shorter women. ur overthinking it

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • its not just some guys. its most guys.

• Show All
    • im not. its true that is why it bothers me. it makes me less attractive than short girls. i dont think i will ever feel good about something so unattractive. whatever.
      at least you admitted that guys prefer shorter unlike the others who said it doesn't matter. it does matter or it wouldn't be a thing and i wouldn't be insecure.

• Maybe do stuff to distract u..

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 68

• I'm 6'6"... You're still short in my books.

I never had issues with anybody's height when I was younger. To me, you can never be too tall, but you can be too short. It's complicated since almost everybody is shorter than me anyways, but I never had a preference when it came to height.

You certainly do not want to go down the route of surgery to adjust your height. I have heard of certain procedures that could reduce your height but the complications from such procedures are simply not worth it. for starters, your body is already conditioned for the height and mass you are. Adjusting it would require a long time in rehabilitation and physio, not just for getting used to your new proportions but also simply learning how to walk again.

As I see it, you're putting all the problems on yourself and it isn't justified. Rather than thinking no guy will want you because you're so tall (you're not), how about thinking that most of the guys out there are simply too short? How about filtering out all the short guys who are less than 6'2" and see where you go from there? To me, anybody less than 6'2" is simply average or short. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but by my personal standards, that's the short/tall line.

I know I wouldn't have an issue being with a girl near my height or even taller, and I know I am not the only guy.

Don't beat yourself up so much. You shouldn't be at this point where you feel you're wrong for being who you are, that nobody will want to be with you and that you should have resorted to height reduction surgery. That's just frigging terrible.

If a guy doesn't want to be with you because of your height, then fk em, they're not worth your time anyways.

1|1
    0|0
    • Reading some of your responses, this all seems to be something that has been impressed onto you buy others in high school, specifically from other girls telling you all this crap and who probably have been sabotaging any effort you made to find a guy. Why? Because you intimidate them.

Now I know that sounds like fluff and bs some older person like myself would say to make you feel good but consider the average height of a model. Most models are taller than average like yourself. Saying you have manly features is something a girl would say to another. go online and search for famous tall women out there and see how hot they can be and how many men lime them.

I say this as a guy who in high school that wasn't popular and always told I was ugly and a loser. I grew to believe that crap until a few years out of high school when at a couple of parties some girls i knew said they always thought I was pretty hot. It made me rethink a lot of things...

• Show All
    • Nevermind, some of those are wrong lol.

• Own that height, girl.

And you know, I might poke fun at tall friends, but they poke fun at how short I am... it’s all meant in jest - not to really hurt them.

I’ve heard that, on average, women are getting taller. I would date a taller woman, if she was someone I was attracted to... most women wouldn’t date me if they were taller than me. They seem to make a bigger deal of it (at least in my area) - oh, I can’t “protect” them or “make them feel feminine” if they’re taller.

See, I’m considered REALLY ugly by most women. I think I’m a smidge above average, myself. I can’t change that. All I can do is try to adjust a little to my circumstance, or try to “own it.”

I know women taller than you. They date tall guys, but you know, height was never mentioned as a reason a guy wouldn’t date a certain girl.

And besides, there are some cool things about being tall, too. My tall friends can pick people out of a crowd. They probably don’t feel like they could get trampled by fifth graders (I teach. I feel really self conscious at most schools because I see so many kids who are my height or taller at 11-12.)

You can reach a shelf. I have to try to climb a shelf at the grocery store, or go without sometimes, because no one is around to help.

Taller people, on average, get paid more.

If you were a tall kid, you got to go on more rides than I probably did at a slightly below average height.

You can find people in a crowd much easier, and find where you need to go a bit easier than some friends.

Ok, yes, there are some bad things about being tall... but there are some good things. And you can always do a few things to help “blend in” if that’s what you really want... it’s an aspect of who you are... it doesn’t have to be a thing, though.

0|1
    0|0
  • You're fine. Most guys prefer a girl who isn't taller than them, and there are plenty of guys 5'11 and taller. And even so, I don't think it would be out of the question for most guys to date someone taller than them, I prefer shorter girls, but I wouldn't rule out a taller one. Be confident in your height, it'll go a long way, people in general are attracted to confidence.

0|1
    0|0
  • As a 6'7" guy whose been taller than everyone his entire life, embrace what's makes up stand out. Sure, day-to-day life can be a awkward mostly (I know the feeling), but you shouldn't worry about what others think. I've always been told by my shorter friends and others that they're just jealous of it. Don't stress over your uniqueness. If you stop caring about other people's opinions, then they'll eventually stop caring about your height. Just be you.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's all about a person's personality as to if they'll like you or not, try dating taller guys than you because you'll have more of a chance with them, but having an emotional and personal connection will make your height not matter, if they are a genuine person then they won't care about you're height if you are great

0|0
    0|0
  • "... and both short and tall guys are not attracted to tall girls."
    Rubbish. Most guys only care about being the taller one, so taller guys shouldn't be a problem. Many don't care about height altogether. Lastly, being tall is not masculine in by itself. For instance, those catwalk models? They are almost all on the tall side and nobody questions their femininity.

0|0
    0|0
    • models are very thin and they are only tall because its better for the clothes.
      and being tall is masculine or else why does almost every person praise tall men? tallness makes you look more dominant and confident and that helps with looking masculine. plus bigger bone structure makes you look older. hence why short girls look younger and cute.

• Show All
    • Because women desire a taller man and thus breeding men to be taller.

• but its a trait thats more common and liked in men , meaning its a typically masculine trait.

• I would be happy to date a girl who is similar height to me. I think it is attractive as well. But the best advise i can give would be to ignore the haters, and speak with people who accepts you for who you are. If you want to talk more about it, i can try my best to help!

0|0
    0|0
    • well short is more attractive for girls everyone knows that and most guys prefer short girls. no one accepts me for who i am im a freak

• Short is "more attractive" because of the stigma that men should always be taller. But that doesn't apply to everyone.

• do you really think that you are a freak? because of your height? i'm really interested, because your really aren't even THAT tall, you're definetly not a giant

• There are plenty of tall guys. Yes, your height does narrow the field some, especially if you insist on a guy taller than you. But there are still plenty of them around.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a tall guy, really tall guy. 6'8. I'd love a tall girl. Don't change, you're fine as you are. You'll find someone who loves you for you.

I thought the same as you before I got my girlfriend. I thought, why would anyone want to be with a freaking giant?

I found some one who just loves me for who I am, height isn't an issue for her and she's 5'5, its a stark difference but she loves me and i love her. that's what you'll get. Trust me just hang in there.

0|0
    0|1
  • You are you, and you shouldn't worry about that, i mean im 6,1 and a guy, but i know plenty of guys who have taller girlfriends, you just gotta find you a man who dont mind, or someone around my height

0|1
    0|0
  • Be confident about it. Go to the gym, take advantage of what your body gave you. Many guys find tall attractive, many guys dont care at all and are just looking for someone, forget the rest. Confidence is the best attractant.

0|0
    0|0
    • physical attractiveness is the best attractant.

• Don't be insecure, you should appreciate it, in high school I knew a girl that was 6' 2" without heels, and when she wore heels oh my, she was hot, but never would give me time of day. I don't mind tall women at all

0|0
    0|0
  • My girlfriend is 6ft and like 6’3 in heels. I’m 6’0 and I have no issues when she wears heels. I don’t think it makes her manly in any way. She has wide hips/big ass/and huge tits lol. She’s very feminine. Only insecure guys would care.

0|0
    0|0
    • thats not true most guys care and its because its much more dominant to tower over a short girl.
      short girls are smaller and cute and thats feminine.

• Show All
    • then why were women for a long time given estrogen to become shorter? and it worked.

• Okay you’ve already convinced yourself so this question is pointless.

• You’re not a giant. I personally know girls who make me look small and I’m 6’4, so forget about you. You’re not giant. Be happy

1|0
    0|0
  • You're crazy, as a tall guy I'd LOVE to date someone your size, I hate large height differences. I prefer dating women who are 5'8"- 6' and I guarantee there's plenty of guys out there just like me

0|0
    0|0
  • Didn't read whole thing cause first you're not a giant, second just because the guys around you don't wanna date a tall women does not mean none do. Don't go change yourself for people who judge off of height alone there not worth it.

0|0
    0|0
  • nothing is wrong with you. be patient and open to knowing what you like. I'm 6'3 and would love to meet someone closer to my height. I can't be the only one, just hang in there, the man for you will find you.

0|0
    0|0
  • There are definitely guys out there that are attracted to taller girls like yourself. Personally I am one of them as I'm taller than average myself a 6'4 and I'd much prefer a lady that is around your height.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're trippin. Lots of guys like tall girls. There's nothing wrong with being tall. I would say that you are blessed. Please accept yourself for who you are. Don't go becoming addicted to plastic surgery trying to fix every imperfection you have.

0|0
    0|0
  • My current girlfriend of 5 years is 5'10". I would def say i have always prefered taller girls honestly. Only down side is I love a girl in heels and they always seem to never wear them because it makes them taller than me at 6'1.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 10

• Don't even worry about it, I have a friend who is 5'11 and plenty of guys have liked her. Sometimes she'll date really tall guys or just guys a little but taller then her, most guys don't even care that much.
    I always thought I was too tall because I am 5'6 and like wearing pretty tall heels if I am going out or dressing out and that i'd be the same height or taller then my boyfriend. But it doesn't really matter in all honesty. If they don't want to date you because of your height then oh well.
    I asked my boyfriend one time if tall girls were weird to him. And he said he has never really thought about it and he's like the most honest person ever (trust me he would of said he didn't like it if he didn't lol). And his shorter friend doesn't really care either. Not saying you'll want a short guy but trust me there are tons of guys who are pretty tall out there. You're still shorter then a lot of guys out there. I know girls who are like 6'2, and they don't even worry about it haha.
    In all honesty tallness looks good on girls, guys like the look and bodies of tall girls so just accept it! It might take a little bit to realize that you are who you are and my comment isn't going to change your mind drastically. But I wanted you to know that you aren't the only 5'11 girl out there.

0|0
    0|0
  • There are plenty of guys over 6 feet, and a lot of guys just want a girl who's shorter than him, even if that's just a couple inches. But someday, you might meet a guy who's not shallow like that and will fall for you, even for your height. You should not push away your looks so soon. God made you this way, and just because someone is different, does not mean they're ugly. I'm short, but I think tall girls are beautiful.

0|0
    0|0
    • well i will still try my hardest to change my height. no man will fall for me.

• hey! i just wrote you a really long text but i think its gone.. i try to get it together again.
    i'm 6' and i also hated it when i was younger. i was embarassed of it and i hated that so many people told me how tall i was. i didn't even want to go out anymore because i was so embarassed of my height.. so i really feel your pain, it reminds me so much of myself and i'm so sorry for you that you feel this way..
    now i'm 23 and i really like being that tall. i find myself pretty and i think that my height makes me look more elegant and special.
    like many people already wrote, the majority of guys don't care about the height of a girl as long as they find them attractive in general (and whether you find someone attractive in general depends from person to person) but sure, there are also a lot of guys that prefer short girls. but even if, like you wrote, all boys prefered short girls, there really are more important things than that guys are attracted to you. i know that it is hard to get over this thought because society teaches us that the most important thing for a girl is to be found attractive by boys, but it is so much more important to be okay with yourself at first, to love yourself and to be independent. and than one can still care about boys. besides of that, i'm sure that you are so much prettier than you think, and i'm also sure that you have great, interesting and special character traits. to me what you write sounds like you are a bit lost , because your main goal seems to be sweet and short and fragile for boys. but you should really concentrate on yourself first, and what is great about you besides your looks.
    and you wrote that girl should be submissive.. isn't it more important to be taken seriously, to be a grown woman who can stand for herself than being the obsequious minor part next to a dominant asshole? (because every guy who wants a woman like that is really not the best catch)
    your body is more than something to be found pretty or not, it carrys you through your live and keeps you alive. take care of it :)
    all the best to you!
    girl power! <3

i can't post links, wanted to link the song "deep heat" from dream nails to you, if you want give it a try :)

0|0
    0|0
    • i just read all your comments and this thread and it really breaks my heart :( how you really only seem to care about that you want boys to like you and that you think the only way they can to that is if you are short and cute and fragile. it makes me so sad that so many girls think that way and i hate society for doing that to young girls. but you seem to be very intelligent and i'm sure that one day you will be a confindent, independent person! :)

• well thank you for everything you wrote. but i still think that there things that are clearly more attractive than others. and i dont only care about boys but i think that obviously guys want attractive girls and no one wants to be unattractive or alone and have no one liking them. and sure ill listen to the song

• Being taller is better. WTH would you feel bad about being tall?😏🤔

• To be honest, a tall girl like you is seen as extremely attractive to quite a number of people.

Especially if you have confidence. Don't have it? Fake it. It will help. Walk with your head high and your shoulders back. Try not to act too timid. (I think my posture is actually ruined from that 😅) anyway.

I know a lot of guys that like taller girls. Well, to them 5'11 isn't that tall.

Also, have you considered modeling?

0|0
    0|0
    • i dont want to model. and i like slouching it makes me much shorter so i dont think i will stop

• Exactly, a tall person , be it a man or a woman is seen as extremely attractive

• As someone who is 5'9, I am taller or as tall as almost every guy I go out with. And so ik how you feel but a guy who is confident and secure in himself, isn't going to not like you just because you are tall. I have actually had guys tell me they like my height and that I should wear heels. So just learn to love your height and ignore the haters

0|0
    0|0
  • Trust me you’re not that tall 😂 my sister is 6’3 and almost every guy I meet thinks she’s a goddess. She found a 6’9” boyfriend. You’re fine. There are plenty of 6’0 and over guys out there. Being tall is beautiful

0|0
    0|0
    • but i really like shorter guys and they never liked me. plus most guys taller than me have found short girlfriends. its what most guys like.
      and maybe your sister is stunning regardless of her height maybe thats why she gets guys.

• You like shorter guys? Interesting. Well just give it time. I see a lot of shorter guys with tall girls. Happens more than you’d think.

• well shorter guys think its weird to be with a tall girl. most short guys i know anyway. as for tall guys like i said they almost always have a short girlfriend so im just doomed

• im 5'9 loove being tall won't change it for anything and i think it make me look more feminine and more compatible with taller guys so i really dont know what u r talking about tnh its in ur head

0|0
    0|0
  • No need to feel bad about your height. Models are tall too. You will find someone. Who is not a jerk.

0|0
    0|0
  • It isn't masculine to be tall. I'm 5'9 and had a lot of guys ask me out. Love yourself ❤

0|0
    0|0
  • Na tall guys are hot

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes