Does it bother you when someone calls you ugly?

0|4

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes it does.. Especially when you've been told that you are handsome for a lot of yo life.. It hurts that somebody out there thinks that way.. But even the prettiest people could be called ugly by somebody.. Lol..

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • Beauty is based off of self esteem and sometimes that self esteem comes from the acknowledgement of others.. Some people will call you beautiful while some will call you ugly.. Not everyone will be your cup of tea so thats their problem at the end of the day..

Stand tall, confidence is key!

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• A bit, but then I just brush it off. Anyone who feels the need to tell you something like that is struggling with their own insecurities

1|0
    0|0
  • No one has ever called me ugly I’m my life. If someone did I’d just say “Atleast I’m not a rude piece of shit.”

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 129

• yes, it does bother me..
    But then i tell them, that i still look better then their Flabby Hairy Ass..

if some beautiful girl like you.. calls me ugly,
    then i say, Sweetie you are 9 out of 10 , i am 1 out of 10.
    one day, you are going to need me, when you will need to Even the Odds..
    Even if you are flawless.. that is your flaw...
    besides people remember each other by their flaws.. and like this Nobody will remember you...

1|0
    0|0
  • I am not sure. It is not a very strong word. However, it depends on who is saying it. I'm sure that a girl saying to another girl is worse than a guy saying it to another guy however a girl saying it to guy or a guy saying it to a girl could very well be the worse to hear it from. I suppose it comes down to how detailed they get. If they simply say your ugly. It might not be too bad but if they go into details as to why then that could be kind of rough.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not much, as I know I'm not ugly. Not that I'm so good looking or anything, but I know I'm not ugly. Just as if someone calls me stupid or ignorant. I know I have above average intelligence, and have a good, solid education. So being called stupid or dumb, doesn't much bother me.

1|0
    0|0
  • It would bother me (rather concern me about the mental health of the other person) if they say that I'm attractive

1|0
    0|0
  • Not in particular, people have their own opinions and i just ask what would make me look better. Of course everyone has their own taste and you can't please everyone. That being said, if someone calls me ugly it does tell me a lot about their own insecurities, values and personality. At least i have my personality to fall back on after all.

1|0
    0|0
  • No

You can't and won't be beautiful for 100% of people

Focus on the 5% who really loves you

1|1
    0|0
  • It honestly does but really only for a minute. Cause then I think does it really matter what other people think of me f*#k em... don't need those type around. And if it's a complete stranger tells you right away what type of person they were raised to be... don't take it to heart we are all judgmental in some form just some idiots just don't have manners and need to be taught

1|0
    0|0
  • No. Because I am not. I am really good looking by conventional standards. If they're calling me ugly its probably because its because they are jealous, or know they don't have a shot with me. And everyone will know it.

1|0
    0|0
  • There is no reason itt should bother you its your body your look its who you are as long as you think your attractive or your ok with telling yourself your ugly it shouldn't matter what anyone else says about you

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends. Is he/she more attractive than me? Are they even in a better position in life, or are they just a regular broke loser? Do i even care about this person's opinion enough to think about this question?

1|0
    0|0
  • If someone called me that now, id think they're preeeetty damn immature. Highschool/middle school days are over.

1|0
    0|0
  • Take away my fit expensive clothes and beard and I'm just a regular Joe, so it might as well be the truth. And if you worry over the opinion of someone random you'll never get far in life anyway.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope, I know I'm not particularly ugly, and it just makes me think that they're a horrible person for wanting to put someone down like that, that just makes me feel better about myself

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the person, if it is a stranger or someone that doesn't matter to me then no, but if it is someone who's opinion I cherish and care about then yes, it'll bother me

1|0
    0|0
  • Not really. There are other things I'm far more self-conscious about than my appearance (my career and my social skills to name a couple) that hurt far worse when they're criticized.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope because I know there are women that find me attractive. So whoever calls me ugly can go fuck themselves

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know. Nobody ever says anything about how I look so I just assume they think I'm ugly lol.

It probably would, but I get insulted often enough for other things so I'm used to it lol

1|0
    0|0
  • A little bit. I'm not ugly. In fact, I'm so good looking that I've looked in the mirror before, and thought "if I was gay, I'd totally do me..."

Simples...

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course it bother me, even though most of people say or act like it doesn't bother them but deep down inside u know the word linger in your head. Words can be harmful, be careful when u chose them.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope, I just inform them how ugly they are by judging other people based on looks instead of actions and character.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 69

• Not anymore lol. I've been called fat, I've been called blind person cuz i had glasses (in my language is more degrading and used as an insult). I've made peace with me and the other people. If the offense gets to me and appeals to me then i do something to change that. But if the insults aren't based in logic but just on personal preference then dude GTFO. I dont care. When stuff like this happen smile and weave.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on whether or not I think they are tbh. Like if a shit tues ugly ass motorcycle thinks your gross I just laugh like why would your opinion even matter I'm not interested. But if its someone attractive I definitely feel my worth in terms of attractiveness drip below the floorboards

1|0
    0|0
  • I haven't been called that since middle school. But I'm pretty sure it would bother anyone. It's not a nice thing to say to someone, period. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I may be one person "ugly" but I'm someone else's beauty.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't care, they are only pointing out what I already know so I usually ask them if they're usually that observant. As long as my dogs and horses like me I don't care what other people think of me. If they don't like what they see then that's their problem not mine...

1|0
    0|0
  • When that someone is someone I didn't expect it from, yes.
    And otherwise, "Hold my heels I'mma fight this bitch."
    Lol

1|0
    0|0
  • The odd time when you reject a guy, a guy will say "you were ugly anyway" but clearly not when you were trying to ask me out 2 minutes ago haha. Their poor egos are bruised when they are with their friends guys defo can act different otherwise I don't get called ugly unless it's been that reason and I know I am not.

1|0
    0|0
  • What's the saying - if you have nothing nice to say then you shouldn't say anything at all? If someone calls you ugly I would be questioning how childish they are. Cuz that's BS.

1|0
    0|0
  • No because Im hot. And If someone thinks Im ugly. Im too high for they standards. I was called "ugly " by guys who I didn't want to date because I wasn't attracted to them and By my boyfriend ex-girlfriends (who I dont give a shit about ). If I was ugly. I wouldn't have the best guy as my partner and I dont think he would go at dates with me. No?

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on who it is and why they're saying it. Usually there's no reason to call someone ugly (regardless of whther you mean it or not) other than intending to insult them.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I don't know what it matters, but it still makes me feel bad, when people feel the need to say it out loud.

1|0
    0|0
  • No. Though no one had ever called me that to my knowledge. If they did it would be to get some sort of rise out of me. But I have far more important things to worry about than the opinions of haters.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not in the sense that I worry that I am ugly. I am obviously not. I just don't like when people feel the need to insult me. No one likes that.

1|0
    0|2
  • It doesn't bother me. As long as it doesn't came from the mouth of my love ones especially my boyfriend. Lol

1|0
    0|0
  • No because calling someone ugly shows thw person who is being offensive has some underlying issue or insecurity they need to fix. Honestly i pitty them.

1|0
    0|0
    • Want to cover thwm in a blanket and give them a cup of tea and say "oh honey". There there. Everything will be ok.

• I’ve never been called ugly, but I can imagine it hurts a lot

1|2
    0|0
  • No because nobody never called me ugly. To my face at least or Id show them how ugly can be a foot inside an ass

1|0
    0|0
  • Not anymore. If you like yourself, that’s all that matters. In my opinion that is.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know tbh I haven't been called that in a while. But I do get other put downs and yes they do bother me

1|0
    0|0
  • yes of course

no one has really ever called me ugly tho, hmm.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you want to be happy for the rest of your life,
    Never make a pretty woman your wife,
    So from my personal point of view,
    Get an ugly girl to marry you

A pretty woman makes her husband look small,
    And very early causes his downfall,
    As soon as you marry that's when she starts,
    To do the things that'll break his heart 💓

But if you make an ugly woman your wife,
    You'll be happy for the rest of your life,