How much was your tattoo?

I've been thinking about getting a tattoo lately and was wondering what the average hourly rate ends up being. I want a fairly large water color one with the black outline on my thigh. I know it will fade quick than black and grey over time. Also how's yours held up over time?
https://goo.gl/images/hxP6Mp this is the style I'm looking to get if this link works.
Found a great artist! $100 hr and it will take him 5-6 hours 😊
Got it done a few days ago now! No scabs, blending or real pain. This itching peeling crap is for the birds though 🙄

820

Most Helpful Guy

• Don’t cheap out on a tattoo... if someone charges you 300 per hour but their work is top notch and realistic it’s worth it just save up cause you will have that for a very long time

• Oh I don't plan on it. But is $300 an hour an average price? I dont have any so I'm clueless. And google is so varied there's no help there either.

• 300 is a little on the high side if someone is charging you that an hour their work better be the best you’ve ever seen almost
      Me personally I don’t have tattoos simply because to me it means it’s something you haven’t solved whitin your self

Most Helpful Girl

• Depending on the artist I'd say about $150 an hour is the average rate. And budget about 7 hours give or take. I have a half sleeve of Rose's and skulls. It took near 8 hours and was $150 an hour. Also if you pay cash they dont charge you tax.
    I'm a welder personally and mine is a few months old and is still in decent condition. Any very small cuts won't show, however if they're slightly deeper or larger there will be a hole or a line through your tattoo. Also to help keep it looking pristine, use lotion often, sunscreen very often in sunlight and cover it if possible. Also if your thigh is rubbed up against stuff a fair amount that can also cause wear.

• I'm a nurse so it would be covered by scrubs 90% of my life 🤣

• Okay perfect. It should honestly be fine then. It may eventually get some wear from leaning against hospital beds and such. But really you're a great candidate for a tattoo! Lol

• Oh also. Welders are exposed to really bright light. And I've welded plenty of times without a jacket on. So it shouldn't fade much on you