How much was your tattoo?

I've been thinking about getting a tattoo lately and was wondering what the average hourly rate ends up being. I want a fairly large water color one with the black outline on my thigh. I know it will fade quick than black and grey over time. Also how's yours held up over time?
Updates:
https://goo.gl/images/hxP6Mp this is the style I'm looking to get if this link works.
Found a great artist! $100 hr and it will take him 5-6 hours 😊
Got it done a few days ago now! No scabs, blending or real pain. This itching peeling crap is for the birds though 🙄

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Don’t cheap out on a tattoo... if someone charges you 300 per hour but their work is top notch and realistic it’s worth it just save up cause you will have that for a very long time

1|0
    0|0
    • Oh I don't plan on it. But is $300 an hour an average price? I dont have any so I'm clueless. And google is so varied there's no help there either.

• 300 is a little on the high side if someone is charging you that an hour their work better be the best you’ve ever seen almost
      Me personally I don’t have tattoos simply because to me it means it’s something you haven’t solved whitin your self

Most Helpful Girl

• Depending on the artist I'd say about $150 an hour is the average rate. And budget about 7 hours give or take. I have a half sleeve of Rose's and skulls. It took near 8 hours and was $150 an hour. Also if you pay cash they dont charge you tax.
    I'm a welder personally and mine is a few months old and is still in decent condition. Any very small cuts won't show, however if they're slightly deeper or larger there will be a hole or a line through your tattoo. Also to help keep it looking pristine, use lotion often, sunscreen very often in sunlight and cover it if possible. Also if your thigh is rubbed up against stuff a fair amount that can also cause wear.

1|0
    0|0
    • I'm a nurse so it would be covered by scrubs 90% of my life 🤣

• Okay perfect. It should honestly be fine then. It may eventually get some wear from leaning against hospital beds and such. But really you're a great candidate for a tattoo! Lol

• Oh also. Welders are exposed to really bright light. And I've welded plenty of times without a jacket on. So it shouldn't fade much on you

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• If you're in the UK you are looking at around £60 per hour for a good tattoo artist. It's always worth booking with an extremely good artist and paying the extra money. I have 2 and booked in for a small black outline tattoo on the inside of my upper left arm, this is costing £240 for 4 hours work.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have one that goes up my arm that was about 300. I have a smaller one on my chest that I can cover up that was 180. It depends on size and location most of the time, and detailing of the tattoo. Something like your picture would be a quite a bit.
    Also, colors, especially red and blue, fade very quickly so be mindful of that

2|0
    0|1
  • I have a watercolor tattoo. It's most of my forarm. It cost $200 , so 2 hours plus top. Some advice, add more color lol, trust me, as long as it stays within the bounds of your tattoo area, you want as much color as you can, like you said, it fades. alsi, try to get an even amount of each color you want, so it's not "watercolor, mostly blue) for example

0|0
    0|0
  • Mine was around £50 an hour, maybe around 9 hours ish... not really sure, still not finished but should only take about another hour at most... Mine is pretty decent, been having it done every month... so short but still looks good

1|0
    0|0
  • I have three, one that was $80, one that was $100, and another that was $400

1|0
    0|0
    • The $400 one, Color? Large size or just very detailed?

• Colored, about 4 inches in diameter, lots of detail. Cost $100/hr

• That's similar to what I got. It wasn't watercolor, it was a space design, but the color. Pallettes were similar. I'd expect to be paying anywhere from $80-$150 an hour depending on the artist.

• I got a half sleeve it cost 300 for the outline and 300 for detailing it but that's because I messed up and went to the wrong person the guy who detailed it said he could have done it all for 300 if I would have came to him

2|0
    0|0
  • I have nine tattoos but they all were from friends so not expensive

1|0
    0|0
    • You will look ugly when old

• Show All
    • Mine is also a one of kind and every element has a personal meaning to only me 😊

• Sounds great :)

• I would say go for it i was not to sure abput mine as it was going cost 300 pounds but i did and and i love it and as for healing long as you do what they say it be fine

1|0
    0|0
  • i dont have 1 but friends got them an now you can get ink that a laser can break down if you decide to ever get rid of it but most of my friends colors, have faded over years so sum get the ink touched up

0|0
    0|0
  • Hmmm I have about 3000 worth of tattoos, all done professionally. one sleeve, one half sleeve and my chest. Price really depends on the artist but something to always remember is you get what you pay for. As far as longevity, big dense tattoos tend to last the longest. Price is something you will definatly want to discuss beforehand, most artist can be flexible but don't be a low baller it may seem disrespectful to some one who has trained for a longtime to become a good artist. Best of luck on your first tattoo, it's addictive!

2|0
    0|0
  • Nothing because I'm happy to say that I don't have one

1|0
    0|0
  • MYR 3000 half sleeve arm eye of horus n anubis.. how about u?

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't have any tattoos.

1|0
    0|0
    • Me either yet lol

• Show All
    • Big splattered water color dragon with a zodiac wheel behind it and the cancer symbol and constellation in the back ground as well. Sounds complicated but not really. The dragon outline would be black, the zodiac wheel black as well and the cancer symbol and stars not outlined but like spots of missing water colors. Like if you paint over a stencil.

• Sounds pretty cool.

• Follow me

1|0
    0|1
  • Where I go it's 60 an hour

1|0
    0|0
  • My tattoo was £90.

1|0
    0|1
  • Only got 1 but it was free

0|0
    0|0
  • no tatoos for me but if I did. I would have an interesting one

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't have any tattoos.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• Just got mine last Friday. Arghhh I enjoyed the pain. Addictive. Tattoo in my country is cheap. The ones you showed probably around Rm450(120$).

1|0
    0|1
    • Where are you from?

• Show All
    • That's pretty far away from the US lol I was hoping you would say Mexico or Canada where I could drive there 😂

• Awww haha yes I figured. Looks like one guy downvoted me for having a tattoo. Or he's not happy that it isn't his name written 😂

• My first one was $50, my second was is pretty decent size, and was $50 (was 1/2 off Black Friday)

1|0
    0|0
  • I got one on my ankle of a butterfly with small sparkles coming from it, cost 40 dollars.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depending on the artist it can be between $80 for somthing really small and $140 hourly for somthing larger. Some of mine are 6-8 hundred dollars.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mine was 200 dollars

1|0
    0|0
  • I think about 65

1|0
    0|0
  • "Honey" 20$ . (100 Lei)

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes