What do you think about parents dressing identical twins in the same clothes?

1|2

Most Helpful Guys

• To avoid favouritism, there would be a lot of problems if it looked like they we're getting one twin better, more expensive clothes and the other not so much. Getting them the same clothes just makes it look like they aren't picking favourites.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • This makes sense in a way... but they can always share clothes.

• Show All
    • Yes, my question was about identical twins.

• Well it's usually to stop the image of favouritism. Whether or not they should share clothes or not. It's usually that.

• I can't really judge because I don't know the financial status of the parents. What if they got the clothes on a sale... "Buy one , get half price of the second" ? . It's costly to raise twins so you have to shop wisely ๐Ÿ˜›

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• don't care. I had to do it with my family in public, since my dad loves super man. sigh

1|1
    0|0
    • Wait what?

• my dad was a superman fan, ever since he was little, and he thought it'd be cool if he made me, my mom, and brother wear identical superman clothes in public.

• That is funny... done in moderation.

• I think that's fine what bugs me is when parents dress their kids identical when they are close in age that's just retarded

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 50

• I think it's a bit dorky to be honest. I know some parents find it awfully cutesy but I think if I were a twin, I would want to be acknowledged as an independent individual. Besides, I think the idea of twins being all the same is also a bit of a cliche. Of course twins tend to have more similarities than regular siblings but my best girl friend is a twin for instance and her sister is quite different from her. They look similar but their personalities are very different.

1|0
    0|0
    • I've always thought same thing... but I know some 60 or more year old twins that always dress the same, so I guess some actually prefer it.

• Kammon Hasrett, ssrly? Lol... ok!
    I got 2 sets of twin cousins, and yes my aunts' do dress em up the same at times! It's normal ain't it? We can also see a father and his newborn wearing the same attire as well! The family can identify the twins since they're family but I guess the same clothes are to make it funny for others..

1|0
    0|0
    • Yes it's quite common... If it's for a joke fine, otherwise I think it's kinda weird.

• Show All
    • Hehe...

• Though, my aunt never dressed them alike except for their 1month baby party, they're 12years now, and they like wearing the same clothes, i don't mind since I already know who is who... :P

• It looks cute and annoying at the same time, lol, but people who have twin siblings are soo lucky, Like if i had a twin brother, i would do a lot of bad things in the home, break things, and then say to my mom it was my brother, not me, i would do soo many bad things and then blame it on my brother :P

2|1
    0|0
  • I have some friends who are identical twins, they are in their 60โ€™s and they say when they were young, they would often dress identically to play jokes and mess with their girlfriends, and even now, they occasionally do similar things...

1|0
    0|0
  • Personally, I find it creepy that the children arenโ€™t allowed to be their own person. Twins may be the exact same genetics, but they are never the same person

1|1
    0|0
  • It's child abuse because the parents psychologically confuses the twins. How are they supposed to tell each other apart when they see themselves in front of a mirror? How?

1|0
    1|0
  • Cute, till the age of 3
    Then it is too much to keep doing it, they have to have an independent different look and personality, and this could be affected by the way they look

1|0
    0|0
  • If the kids are fine with it? Sure.
    If they aren't? No.
    I thought it was fun up to a point. But then I started to dislike it. At that point it stops. Because it's the kid that wears the clothes. Not the parents.

1|0
    0|0
  • I guess the kids will end up disliking it.
    And for the parents a o people: Tony is in red today, Henry in blue...

1|0
    0|0
    • True... unless kids changed their clothes without their parents knowing. :P

• Save the effort for searching for something else that's probably what they think

1|0
    0|0
  • Twins creep me out in general, dressing them alike would be even creepier

1|0
    0|0
    • Only identical twins or all twins? Why?

• I just made a questionโ€™s about this, just Identical twins. I don't know theyโ€™ve always bothered me tho

• I answered.

• Cute if it's a young age, if it's older... it's a bit much

1|0
    0|0
    • Some people like it apparently. I saw 60 or so year old identical twins in the same clothes. It was creepy.

• Well elderly is fine too i guess, not as cute, just more of a uh... reaction

• Definitely a reaction.

• I think it's ok bc twins want the same or is that just me

1|0
    0|0
    • It's not just you but I think they don't all want the same.

• Everytime i See identical twins in Same clothes i just ask myself questions like "How Do the Parents know who who is, I mean Do they like... smell the difference? Wait.. Do they even smell different?" i know my mind is kinda crazy but yes... Thats actually what i think xD

0|0
    0|0
  • It's more a tradition than something useful.
    You know, occasionally it can be nice to see them that way, but the use of it is very limited :o

1|0
    0|0
  • they might end up 1 kids getting bathed 2 times..

its already confusing to get with 2 twins.. why dress them same

1|0
    0|0
  • Its wrong to do that
    Every one should dress as they like cuze most of your personalty depend on what u like on clothing. Or any thing else
    If u stay like that u ll be controlled. By ur parents

1|0
    0|0
  • Ots ok once in a while. Like for family photos. Otherwise i say llet them ne imdivuals.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have twin uncles and sometimes they dressed the same just to confuse people

1|0
    0|0
  • It's cute up to a certain age. After that, let them have their own identity.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 26

• We aren't identical, just paternal, but I think it was kinda cute that our parents dressed us in same clothes, but different colors, when we weren't old enough to decide what to wear ourselves.

2|0
    0|0
    • I usually think it's a bit weird, but different colours are fine I guess.

• I think it's kinda weird, they might look identical but they are separate human beings.
    What's even deirder is dressing brothers or sisters the same even when they're not twins. I've seen that, the kids had a one year gap and their parents basically treated them like they were twins

1|0
    0|0
  • Ugh annoying we are not twins but my mom used to buy us identical clothes and my sister would always male sure she wears the same outfit as me the day i wore it, it was so damn annoying

1|0
    0|0
    • Yes. I also think buying same clothes twice is just so unreasonable.

• Nothing wrong with that but I'd dress mine slightly different so I can tell them apart.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it would be better if the parents let the twins discover their own style rather than being completely identical.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's cute, but I honestly don't know how they make difference between the kids. I'd be soo confused

1|0
    0|0
    • Parents just know I guess. There are always subtle differences.

• My grandma used to dress my mom and her sisters in the same outfit. I think itโ€™s weird.

1|0
    0|0
  • A mother of them said that they sometimes want it themself and if she buys one a T-Shirt the other wants it too. She keep it up to them

1|0
    0|0
  • I've never thought about it, I always just thought it was cute lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm just amazed they somehow manage not getting them confused in the process

0|0
    0|0
  • Love it

1|0
    0|0
  • I donโ€™t like it

1|0
    0|0
  • I donโ€™t care

1|0
    0|0
  • They probably like confusing people

1|1
    0|0
  • It's whatever

1|1
    0|0
  • Don't really care, but it can be kinda confusing.

1|0
    0|0
  • When they're young it's cute.

1|0
    0|0
  • Itโ€™s ok but not all the time

1|0
    0|0
  • I like it

1|0
    0|0
  • It's cute I guess.