What’s your view on plastic surgery?

Disclaimer: I’m biracial. African American and Caucasian. My father has light blue eyes while my mother has dark brown eyes. I got the dark brown eyes gene.
My friend is African American.

I wanted to get my eyes done so I can have blue eyes like my father. I told my friend that I wanted to get the surgery and she said that I shouldn’t do it because it’s not “self love”. I have no problem with my brown eyes , I just want to try something new. I want to live my life without fear. My friend asked me “why are you trying to be white?” How could I try to be white when I’m half white? But At the end of the day it’s my body, it’s my life and I’m still going to get the surgery done.

A lot of people wear colored contacts but I barely hear anything about how they don’t love themselves.

MY VIEW ON PLASTIC SURGERY

I view plastic surgery as a way to try something new. It’s like getting a new hair style or new sense of style. but permanent. I already tried colored contacts and I would lose them all the time, they cost me $100 for each pair and I bought about 6 pairs from solitica. I think this surgery would be a way for me to have a permanent results without having to poke my eye out every single time. What’s your view on plastic surgery?
Updates:
Disclaimer: I always loved my fathers eyes and it is something I was thinking about for a while

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You do what YOU want to do. Don't let us or your friends tell you what to do with your body. If you've done your research on it and feel comfortable with it, go for it. I do agree you should be comfortable with yourself but you said it's cause you want a change so it sounds like a good reason for it. Even if you were FULLY black, don't let comments like you heard from your friend make you feel bad about what you want.

Side note, I'm usually gainst plastic surgery for most other things really mainly because I've seen so many people do it and they just look off afterwards? But I don't know much about eye surgery so hope it goes well for you if you do it!

1|0
    0|0
    • I understand. Thank you for a positive comment! I’ve done research on it for a year now and it doesn’t seem so bad. They put you to sleep , you can’t feel pain , and it’s 5-10 minuets. My parents and I are Comfortable with it. I noticed that every time I try to change something about myself my friends give negative comments. I have blonde curly hair and every time I straighten it they say to me “ why do you try to be white? “ I think I need to get new friends.

• No problem! And that doesn't sound so bad.
      Yeah I was gonna suggest that the next thing you change are your friends lol

Most Helpful Girl

• It's your body, you're the only one who knows whether you love it, or hate it
    Actually I remember thinking about this surgery too. I'm also biracial (Caucasian-African), my whole family on my father's side has blue eyes, and I got brown ones. I think that brown eyes can look very cute, but I've always wondered how I would look with blue eyes. I tried one use contacts, and the result was quite amazing.
    What stopped me from thinking about this surgery was the fear that it could go wrong and permanently damage my eyes... I know the odds must be really low, but it's still terrifying

1|0
    0|0
    • Aww you’re just like me! I live with my fathers side and everyone has blonde hair/light brown hair and blue eyes. So when I’m with them I feel weird. I want to look more like my family. I’m also scared of the surgery but I’m not gonna left fear hold me back from doing what I want to do.

• I live with my fathers side too :)
      I guess it's all about finding the right surgeon. I actually don't know much about how this surgery works, all I remember is that underneath the brown part there's always blue

• Yes! I heard that when I get the surgery done I would have to change my passport, ID, and drivers license.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 33

• I find it a turn off unless it's done to fix a legitimate deformity or objectively disgusting feature. Otherwise, in my opinion, it indicates the person is vapid and highly insecure with themselves

0|0
    1|0
    • But it isn’t your place to judge a person on what they do with their life. A person doesn’t have to be “highly” insecure with themselves to just want a change in life.

• You should read the bluest eye. The thing is you aren't white and going for something unnatural which will make you look more white is kind of like self-hate.

0|0
    1|0
    • So anything unnatural is self hate? If someone dyes their hair is that self hate?

• It depends. Is it for medical reasons? Like if you're a victim of an acid attack or your flesh got burned and melt by fire? In this case plastic surgery is good.
    Everything else is bullshit

3|2
    0|0
  • You want to have surgery on your eyes because you want to try something new? Are you serious? People have surgeries to fix problems with their bodies, not to make a fashion statement. As someone who has had 9 surgeries in less than 18 years, I don't understand why you would willingly have surgery for something as small as changing your eye color

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you! She makes it seem like it’s not a big deal. She wants to “try something new” as if there’s a trial run or something.

• Exactly! Surgery is serious, permanent, and it always has an element of danger and risk. People don't have surgeries unless they actually need them.

• Plastic surgery for a simply cosmetic change is something that's perfectly acceptable to me. It's something you wish to do to yourself after all. Getting surgery to obtain blue eyes however.. sounds somewhat dangerous. Asides from the danger, I think it's great that you want to do what you will. ^^ I wish you luck in your endeavors.

0|0
    0|0
  • The decision is always yours to make
    But being natural and original is a blessing that can never be bought
    There are other People who wish for what you have...

3|1
    0|0
  • DO NOT UNDERGO ELECTIVE SURGERY ON YOUR EYES. It's not worth it.

Unless you have a disease it deformity, you shouldn't get plastic surgery.

0|1
    0|0
  • It’s not necessary but it’s your body and your money

2|1
    1|0
  • Plastic surgery definitely has its' uses. Having said that, I'm against its' use for frivolous purposes. Heredity understands beauty better than the individual.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you have a disfigurement I think plastic surgery is a good option.

However using it to "enhance" or change something that's natural I am very much against it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Go for it. Fuck anyone who says differently. You do you. I don't know why everyone makes every choice a race issue. Just enjoy you and enjoy life.

0|0
    0|0
  • I deeply hate it, though I will not damn a women for having done it.

0|1
    1|0
  • Natural is always best. Michael Jackson did not understand this, if the hype about him is to be believed. He is supposed to have had such intense surgeries on his face that his nose fell off.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's Dangerous and could possibly lead to an addiction to getting plastic surgery as seen from the cat woman. The girl who did so many her face literally deformed

0|0
    0|0
  • I think people can do whatever they want and deal with the consequences. Some people will like it and some people will not. In my special case, it seems ridiculous, but, I don't give a shit either

0|0
    0|0
  • If it makes you feel better about yourself, then it's fine. Life is too short to be feeling self conscious, if you think you can afford it.

0|0
    0|0
  • A big turn off for me

1|3
    1|0
    • I don’t really know any males that have done plastic surgery mostly woman do it. Woman are more self conscious about themselves.

• Show All
    • But a woman doesn’t have a please a man. A person should live their life for them. Im my own individual and I’m not living my life to please others.

I’m okay with my average body it doesn’t bother me

• yeah i know, but i was talking in general, most of them do it to impress or to get liked by their partner

• I think plastic surgery is not a good option! You need to love yourself for who you are.

0|1
    0|0
  • i think it should only be done in extreme cases other than that i look at it as false advertising

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer natural but even I pinned my ears back because they are too big and outwards.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're quite young, with time, in not so distant future, most of your views will change, hoe you view yourself, how you view others, how others view you. I for one always wanted to make my ears stick out a bit less, wanted to get surgery from the age of about 11-18, after that I realized that people accept me for who I am, that those who don't are simply assholes, and I say this because I'm kind to all unless someone wrongs me. I no longer care for the way my ears look and I am glad I never got surgery.

0|0
    0|0
  • No plastic surgery it's so obvious it's so fake and it's fucking gross

0|0
    0|0
  • Disgusting.
    Total deal-breaker

0|1
    2|0
  • I prefer the stock model so I'm not for it

0|0
    0|0
  • Plastic women are hot

0|0
    3|1
  • Dat struggle..

0|0
    0|0
  • Bad stuff

0|0
    0|0
  • Ugly

0|0
    0|0
  • Nasty

0|0
    1|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 22

• Girl, it's your money and your body. Honestly in my opinion, if it's just small things like these then it's none of my business but if you become obsessed with plastic surgery then that's going to be your problem since too much PS is dangerous. Don't make your decision based on what people say. Decide for yourself and if you truly wanted it then just go ahead. Make sure you healthy for the surgery and all that and come back happy with yourself.

0|0
    1|0
    • Yeah I see the only thing I want done is my eyes

• I think it's good, some people really need it (after an accident), after everyone to change what they want in their body / face it don't affect me at all.

1|0
    0|0
    • Correct, some people want to just change how they look for certain reasons

• Show All
    • The only thing I want to get done is my eyes I wouldn’t want to do anything else

• Then it's ok, it's nothing much.

• I mean, it’s your body. Eventually I’m going to get a Brazilian using some of the fat build up on my hips. I’ve worked in the gym for years to get rid of my hip fat, and have used extreme diets, but nothing has helped. So I’m doing what I think is best for me. If you think this will be best for you, then do it. You only live once, live it how you want.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m not sure any reputable plastic surgeon would operate on a minor and for good reason, you’re too young to really know what you want. To have surgery on your eyeballs because you always lose your contacts is a ridiculous reason.

1|1
    0|0
  • Your 16 .
    Plastic surgery has lots of risks.
    I don’t know what parent would sign off on this.
    Stop losing shit , if you can’t even hang onto a pair of contacts then what the fuck makes you think your responsible or mature enough to make life altering decisions.
    Risk going blind for cosmetic purposes... stupid girl.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's your choice. You don't need nobody else's views. If you want to get the surgery done then you should. My views on plastic surgery when people go way overboard are that they only look presentable with makeup. Without makeup they just look so weird and artificial it actually hurts

0|0
    1|0
  • It can either be a good thing or a bad thing. some people need it because they need a reconstruction like say a nose break or some people do it because they feel they need to look a certain way. I personally think you should love yourself the way you are but hey it’s our body and your choice

0|0
    0|0
  • I am supportive of anything that is both not dangerous and makes people feel good about themselves. Changing one’s eye colour sounds dangerous to me.

3|0
    0|0
  • I believe it depends if you’ve had an accident and got a bump on your nose then to have surgery to remove that isn’t bad but i don’t agree with anything else unless it’s to make you look like your preaccident natural self

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s your body and your choice. YOU get to decide whether you want plastic surgery or not. You shouldn’t care what others think about this topic. I’m the end it’s your life

0|0
    0|0
  • Every surgery, including plastic surgery, has many risks. I’ve never heard of this procedure that will permanently change your eye color, but if your parents consent and can afford the surgery, you are willing to deal with the painful recovery process, and you are ready to roll the dice for potential adverse outcomes from the surgery, then by all means, the choice is yours, so go for it. Just make sure that beforehand, you should research what you are getting into, possibly talk to a counselor/therapist to discuss if/why you really want this procedure done, and lastly, make sure to go to a reputable plastic surgeon.
    I’m sure your brown eyes were beautiful, but I hope that you will be satisfied with the results of your blue eyes. ✌🏼

0|0
    0|0
  • No, no, and no. Woman, you could end up losing your vision. But you like taking risks, so by all means, it is your life after all, but no way in hell would I let my children ever go under the knife to alter anything about themselves. Brown eyes are beautiful, blue eyes are overrated. I have green eyes myself, and always wanted blue eyes, but I learned to appreciate my eyes instead. btw: sometimes my green eyes change colour, so they look brown or hazel depending on the lighting. Anyways, I don't really know how safe this is. 10 years from now, you might want to shoot yourself in the foot for doing this, as you may have vision problems.

0|0
    0|0
  • That’s so unnecessary. You obviously have a problems with yourself if you feel you need to change it permanently to be satisfied.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never, I've seen too many click bait articles about what its done to those celebrities

0|0
    0|0
  • Plastic surgery is not a "just to try something new" thing... Its a lite long commitment. Get blue colored contacts if you want to try something new. You only get one pair of eyes.. Fuck those up and you'll be blind and scarred.

Be happy with your brown eyes. I love mine brown eye and sometimes i want to have hazel eyes... I wouldn't go for surgery. Contacts are the best choice. Its temporary and I can change it up if I wanted to. Or if i decide hazel isn't a good look for me.. I can just stop wearing hazel colored eye contacts

0|0
    0|0
  • "Trying something new" means you get to turn back. According to you, plastic surgery is trying something new when it's not. It's permanent. You ain't gonna get your unaltered face back.

I'm fine with plastic surgery like seriously but... i won't say i'm super against eye colour changing surgery... just that it's extremely dangerous. Unlike normal plastic surgery whereby if it fails there is still a very high chance your senses won't be affected, but for this case (eye colour) you might go blind.

Senses are crucial and gambling it for the sake of beauty is pretty ridiculous. Especially your sight.

Anyone that says "your body your choice" IN REAL LIFE (not here) clearly doesn't give two fucks about you sweetie, but I'm a pretty caring stranger so I'm gonna say yes it's your body and you are the boss of it but that is also precisely why you have to make the best and wisest decision.

1|0
    0|0
  • I suggest you try colored contact lenses first. Just for one. I am white and i tried then for a month to see what the hype was about but decided i love my natural look better even thpugh i looked good in blue eyes too. By the way im caucasian with brown eyes and chestnut colored hair and honestly i learned that you are a product of your parents and you are unique in everyway and there is no one else qho can match tour exact genes in this world. That's it you're rhe only copy there is no copy and paste. So i thought to myself. Damn girl i am rocking my strong powerful brown hypnotic eyes
    This means everyone of us is unique and our features individualise us. They show a part of our personality. Its like saying i want to alter my personality when you say you want to change your eye color. And thats not ok

0|0
    0|0
  • Its your choice. If it makes you comfortable then do it. But im sure you're pretty either way so i wouldn't suggest changing yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • "Trying something new" would indicate it's reversible or grows out.. in other words.. not permanent.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're risking blindness

1|0
    0|0
  • I hate plastic surgery
    But if u want it go for it

0|0
    0|0
  • Plastic surgery is fine but comparing it to trying a new hair style is idiotic because like you said it’s fucking permanent.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes