What’s your view on plastic surgery?

Disclaimer: I’m biracial. African American and Caucasian. My father has light blue eyes while my mother has dark brown eyes. I got the dark brown eyes gene.
My friend is African American.

I wanted to get my eyes done so I can have blue eyes like my father. I told my friend that I wanted to get the surgery and she said that I shouldn’t do it because it’s not “self love”. I have no problem with my brown eyes , I just want to try something new. I want to live my life without fear. My friend asked me “why are you trying to be white?” How could I try to be white when I’m half white? But At the end of the day it’s my body, it’s my life and I’m still going to get the surgery done.

A lot of people wear colored contacts but I barely hear anything about how they don’t love themselves.

MY VIEW ON PLASTIC SURGERY

I view plastic surgery as a way to try something new. It’s like getting a new hair style or new sense of style. but permanent. I already tried colored contacts and I would lose them all the time, they cost me $100 for each pair and I bought about 6 pairs from solitica. I think this surgery would be a way for me to have a permanent results without having to poke my eye out every single time. What’s your view on plastic surgery?
Disclaimer: I always loved my fathers eyes and it is something I was thinking about for a while

2334

Most Helpful Guy

• You do what YOU want to do. Don't let us or your friends tell you what to do with your body. If you've done your research on it and feel comfortable with it, go for it. I do agree you should be comfortable with yourself but you said it's cause you want a change so it sounds like a good reason for it. Even if you were FULLY black, don't let comments like you heard from your friend make you feel bad about what you want.

Side note, I'm usually gainst plastic surgery for most other things really mainly because I've seen so many people do it and they just look off afterwards? But I don't know much about eye surgery so hope it goes well for you if you do it!

• I understand. Thank you for a positive comment! I’ve done research on it for a year now and it doesn’t seem so bad. They put you to sleep , you can’t feel pain , and it’s 5-10 minuets. My parents and I are Comfortable with it. I noticed that every time I try to change something about myself my friends give negative comments. I have blonde curly hair and every time I straighten it they say to me “ why do you try to be white? “ I think I need to get new friends.

• No problem! And that doesn't sound so bad.
      Yeah I was gonna suggest that the next thing you change are your friends lol

Most Helpful Girl

• It's your body, you're the only one who knows whether you love it, or hate it
    Actually I remember thinking about this surgery too. I'm also biracial (Caucasian-African), my whole family on my father's side has blue eyes, and I got brown ones. I think that brown eyes can look very cute, but I've always wondered how I would look with blue eyes. I tried one use contacts, and the result was quite amazing.
    What stopped me from thinking about this surgery was the fear that it could go wrong and permanently damage my eyes... I know the odds must be really low, but it's still terrifying

• Aww you’re just like me! I live with my fathers side and everyone has blonde hair/light brown hair and blue eyes. So when I’m with them I feel weird. I want to look more like my family. I’m also scared of the surgery but I’m not gonna left fear hold me back from doing what I want to do.

• I live with my fathers side too :)
      I guess it's all about finding the right surgeon. I actually don't know much about how this surgery works, all I remember is that underneath the brown part there's always blue

• Yes! I heard that when I get the surgery done I would have to change my passport, ID, and drivers license.