What are your thoughts on animal tattoos?

I'm thinking of getting a tattoo on my ribs of an old pet, what are your thoughts on that?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• As a professional tattoo artist I do not recommend the ribs for a portrait tattoo. The area is very uneven, and will distort your pets features. Its also a very painful spot. So if you make a sudden movement because of the pain, you can really spoil it. If you're going to get a pet's portrait, then pic a smother area like the back, or thighs.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It's your body and there's nothing wrong with it. Some might think it's tacky, but tattoos are supposed to mean something to the person getting them, and what better tattoo to get than something that was special to you. I'd just make sure it's designed and placed tastefully.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 27

• in my opinion, tattoos can only degrade your looks. Some only barely do so, and others much more severely, but the more and the bigger, the worse it is.

I know some disagree, but that's me.

0|0
    0|0
  • You have to spend a lot of money for it to be worth it. I've seen some $180 animal tattoos, they look absolutely wreched, I've seen some $600 and even closer to $1000 animal tattoos, and a lot of them look absolutely incredible. Don't get cheap ink ever, you will regret it.

0|0
    0|0
  • rib tattoos are a lifelong commitment to not getting fat. are you up for the challenge?

cause i'm sure not lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Great idea for a tattoo go for it and post the pic I would love to see it just make sure it's from a really good tattoo artist I've seen a lot of really bad ones you get what you pay for

0|0
    0|0
  • Animal tattoos are all great ideas. The getting them done right is tricky. It is so easy for them to come out wrong

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the style and how it is done. I've seen some disastrous looking pet tattoos.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a tiger tattoo go for it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I miss my baby girl Maggie but getting a tattoo is forever and in 10 years I'll probably forget about her unfortunately

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't do it. It costs a lot of money and I don't think it's worth. I personally don't like tatoos

1|0
    0|0
  • It it was of your per then it's okay but otherwise it is not so cool

0|0
    0|0
  • I thought about getting a thundercats symbol tattood on me to remember the cat I had

0|0
    0|0
  • Just take a wildlife or mythic animal please no cat!

0|0
    1|0
  • Well if you are gonna tattoo an animal then wear gloves I guess 🤔

0|0
    0|0
  • Do not get tattoos 😷

0|0
    1|0
  • Go for it

0|0
    0|0
  • Nahh

1|0
    0|0
  • Awesome, even better if located on the neck/face

0|0
    1|0
  • I'm not a fan, but it's your body I suppose...

0|0
    0|0
  • "I JUST LOVE ALL GODS CREATURES

0|0
    0|0
  • Meh, Cool I Guess

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 13

• If it means something special to you, and you plan on going to a reputable tattoo shop, then it can be a sweet gesture. What kind of pet was it?

0|0
    0|0
  • Old me (aka person who was refused pets) would say what’s the fuss. Since having my first pet I want him a part of all my life so I fully understand xx

0|0
    0|0
  • I love animals but am not a fan of tattoos, the only exception would be like a tattoo with sentimental significance

0|0
    0|0
  • I like the idea, but if I were to get one, it will be of a wolf.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do you!

0|0
    0|0
  • I love them and want some of my own.

0|0
    0|0
  • They look cool

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a bat and a salamander tattooed on me