What are your thoughts on animal tattoos?

I'm thinking of getting a tattoo on my ribs of an old pet, what are your thoughts on that?

1428

Most Helpful Guy

• As a professional tattoo artist I do not recommend the ribs for a portrait tattoo. The area is very uneven, and will distort your pets features. Its also a very painful spot. So if you make a sudden movement because of the pain, you can really spoil it. If you're going to get a pet's portrait, then pic a smother area like the back, or thighs.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's your body and there's nothing wrong with it. Some might think it's tacky, but tattoos are supposed to mean something to the person getting them, and what better tattoo to get than something that was special to you. I'd just make sure it's designed and placed tastefully.