Why do attractive people get hated on just because they're confident about their looks?

There's a huge difference between being confident about your appearance and being arrogant about it. However, I see most people on this site hating on anyone who posts a question which deals with their attractiveness. This is really pathetic. I mean c'mon getting jealous of a random stranger on the internet? It's just sad. 😂😂😂😂

1639

Most Helpful Guy

• Attractiveness is both objective and subjective. If someone “feels” they are attractive, well, that isn’t a public issue is it? Why would anyone other than the person evaluating their satisfaction about how attractive one feels about themselves be an issue to bring out into the public in the first place? The reason: insecurity. That person is actually not confident they are attractive and seeks confirmation of being attractive by others. That is the truth. So, this is what people see, and know, so what is pathetic? You decide

• I’ve seen posts on here where the validation from ones idea of how attractive they are comes from others so it wouldn’t be due to insecurity unless it is a way to brag and make the whole thing about them. One girl admitted to using guys and was asking about the morality of it since guys were willing. Personally I don’t find it pathetic to ask about how you looks can impact your personality and how you treat others because how can you ever get objective look at yourself unless you ask others. The interpretation of ones actions can be taken in many ways and the truth is more than something that just makes sense

• I can see your point, but to say “my attractiveness” like an entity, as being an issue, and reality that makes me so different than others, I feel is delusional. If for no other reason, than me knowing girls so attractive they paid for their parents house and siblings colleges because of it and they would never express their looks like that, and deal with it more gracefully, with humility and therefore it doesn’t create the very problem in question.
      The problem is never ones physical attractiveness, it’s how one behaves, behavior is always what people pay attention to, and if that behavior is “awareness” of ones attractiveness, then it creates the problem itself

Most Helpful Girl

• Not all attractive people are that confident...
    By confident - explain what you mean... because what that means to you may not mean the same thing to other people.

If you're talking about people who pretend they think they're unattractive just to fish for compliments - what do you expect than hate? (Especially on the internet...)

If you mean someone who constantly posts almost naked pics on social media - I thoroughly dislike those kinds of people - but never leave any comments - because, thankfully - I don't have social media...

If you mean a normal person who realizes they're attractive, but don't rub it in people's faces - that's a person anyone can and should get behind (figuratively).