Why do attractive people get hated on just because they're confident about their looks?

There's a huge difference between being confident about your appearance and being arrogant about it. However, I see most people on this site hating on anyone who posts a question which deals with their attractiveness. This is really pathetic. I mean c'mon getting jealous of a random stranger on the internet? It's just sad. 😂😂😂😂

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Attractiveness is both objective and subjective. If someone “feels” they are attractive, well, that isn’t a public issue is it? Why would anyone other than the person evaluating their satisfaction about how attractive one feels about themselves be an issue to bring out into the public in the first place? The reason: insecurity. That person is actually not confident they are attractive and seeks confirmation of being attractive by others. That is the truth. So, this is what people see, and know, so what is pathetic? You decide

0|0
    0|0
    • I’ve seen posts on here where the validation from ones idea of how attractive they are comes from others so it wouldn’t be due to insecurity unless it is a way to brag and make the whole thing about them. One girl admitted to using guys and was asking about the morality of it since guys were willing. Personally I don’t find it pathetic to ask about how you looks can impact your personality and how you treat others because how can you ever get objective look at yourself unless you ask others. The interpretation of ones actions can be taken in many ways and the truth is more than something that just makes sense

• I can see your point, but to say “my attractiveness” like an entity, as being an issue, and reality that makes me so different than others, I feel is delusional. If for no other reason, than me knowing girls so attractive they paid for their parents house and siblings colleges because of it and they would never express their looks like that, and deal with it more gracefully, with humility and therefore it doesn’t create the very problem in question.
      The problem is never ones physical attractiveness, it’s how one behaves, behavior is always what people pay attention to, and if that behavior is “awareness” of ones attractiveness, then it creates the problem itself

Most Helpful Girl

• Not all attractive people are that confident...
    By confident - explain what you mean... because what that means to you may not mean the same thing to other people.

If you're talking about people who pretend they think they're unattractive just to fish for compliments - what do you expect than hate? (Especially on the internet...)

If you mean someone who constantly posts almost naked pics on social media - I thoroughly dislike those kinds of people - but never leave any comments - because, thankfully - I don't have social media...

If you mean a normal person who realizes they're attractive, but don't rub it in people's faces - that's a person anyone can and should get behind (figuratively).

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 38

• I'd say that unattractive people get hated much more. At least in real life

3|3
    2|0
    • Woah you're totally wrong.

• In my opinion it is because other people are jealous of their confidence in themselves. Also most people misread this conference as bragging or being arrogant. This becomes more frequent as people online can't see each other and can't understand the context.

1|0
    0|0
  • Long time ago, Aracne a really beautiful girl who sew very well was stalked by a beautiful but insisting warrior, she went to hide to the temple of Athenea and asked for help. She morphed her like a spider.

Why if she was innocent?
    Because Aracne remembered Athenea that she was alone.

It isn't just envy is the deep feeling that they can't make anything to have those problems.

0|1
    0|0
  • Pretty girls hope for good guys but they tend to friendzone them or judge the look top much, in m'y case I'm average but loaded with skills and achievements, I tend to act as a jerk in public on purpose to show my jewels to thoses that deserve my kindness in private only, I'm free to choose after all.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well there were times when I saw attractive looking girls post and asked if they looked ugly.

Some were even fake. I mean when you know you're attractive and post stupid stuff like that you're clearly just looking for attention.

0|1
    0|0
  • First off, everyone should be confident about their looks. You should appreciate who you are. If you want to improve on yourself; go workout a bit, eat healthier and that kind of stuff. If you are attractive or smart and acknowledge that yourself, it easily can come across as arrogance to some people. It shouldn't have to, but it just happens. Furthermore, people on the internet tend to criticize more rather than compliment others. That might give things a biased look which isn't true.

0|0
    0|1
  • The same reason less attractive people get hate the world's full of people trying to be little people and it's not to make them self's feel better it's because it easy to make someone feel bad compare to make them feel good about them self's people already judge them self's hard enough and for someone else to tell them what they already tell them self's is horrible and there is no need for it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its when Theyre so confident that they think they deserve everyhing bevause of their looks that gets annoying. (And yes not all are like that but most are)

1|2
    0|0
  • Too many times the "confidence" is more correctly translated "arrogance" or "insolence" and includes putting others down.

1|2
    1|0
  • The only ones i see getting hate are the smug pricks who act like their hot shit and people give them what they deserve for acting like spoiled children other than that these are usually pretty civil

0|2
    0|0
  • Same reason rich people get hate because of their money; nobody likes it when somebody else has it better than them

2|0
    0|0
  • Jealousy. But there are attractive people that thinks everybody dies for their attention and that is just not nice. Sometimes they do that unconsciously

But the truth is, I don't really care about them

0|0
    0|0
  • There is also a difference between posting pictures for opinions and posting for attention

There are people who know they are good looking really bit state they aren't just to get gratifaction from people saying they are

0|0
    0|0
  • Beauty is on the inside, Anonymous (25-29)

I firmly believe that. You can have the best looks but if you have a selfish personality it is spoiled.

It is good to be kind, considerate, humble and respectful of all people. That is a key foundation. Others should come before yourself. Not to say its not ok to pamper yourself but know that"we are all fellow passengers to the grave"- Charles dickens. We need each other and I believe we need to support each other. That is something that attractive or not, any person should have. If your attractiveness does not cause you pride then it's not a problem. Because everybody knows pride comes before a fall.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's not entirely true. I get told all the time I look good (probably do, but oh well)) and I'm not confident about how I look, but still get hated on

0|0
    0|0
  • Most of the people that post bragging about their looks are arrogant.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cause this world just gets worse and the longer we exist the worse it would get

0|0
    0|0
  • Because most people like me don't give one about other people's looks. You were born that way, so there's nothing special about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • They don't.
    Never in my life have I heard someone hate on an attractive person, get out of here.

0|0
    1|0
  • One thing is to be humble and another one is to brag

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 15

• Could it possibly be the questions like...
    “Do I look fat! In this bikini?”
    That get the hate?

1|0
    0|0
  • It’s not about being jealous, it’s about being sick of the narcissistic attitudes that come along with people who are “confident” in their looks.

0|0
    0|0
  • Jealousy I guess. People should spend less time hating on others and more time learning how to love themselves

1|0
    0|0
  • Confident people don't need to tell others how attractive/smart/ great they are. If you need to announce to the world you are more likely very insecure and attention seeking

0|0
    0|0
  • Just don’t mind those who are jealous. If not you they will be Jealous of someone else who is more attractive or more wealthy or more liked overall.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't know but I been hate it. A group of girls started spreading rumors around my highschool that I was gay, which I'm not nor was, because of that.

0|0
    0|0
  • It sucks be sooo hot right? Ohh cruel life for us hot girls. Hahahahahhaha

0|0
    0|0
  • Unless ur putting someone putting them down. No one should made u feel less than

0|0
    0|0
  • It is jealousy my dear. Just ignore those people.

1|0
    0|0
  • Damn you right girl

1|0
    0|0
  • Jealousy seems to get the best of people

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I'm not sure why does it happen too

0|0
    0|0
  • well some people are attention seekers

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes I think this is the case

0|0
    0|0
  • There was one question before asking how comfortable are you in your own skin.

I said 10/10 . I don't think I'm the prettiest or nothing can be better but I already accepted myself shape and personality.

You had to the see the number or thumps down lol.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes