Why do lots of guys have beards now and why do people like it?

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Probably because like anything else, fashion/style trends come and go. The popularity of certain styles of men's facial hair has changed a lot throughout time. So now, having a full beard is seen as more attractive (although I'm sure some people don't like it).

Personally, I do like beards on men. I can't really explain why I like it, I just think it's very attractive. I think having a beard can really change the overall "look" of a guy for the better. (generally speaking).

1|2
    0|0
    • Ok thanks. I generally feel dirty and like I am letting myself go if I don't have a clean shaven face but each to their own. It's good to see why you might like it though so thanks.

• I like beards if there’s not too much of it. I like a nice masculine man😍

0|1
    0|0
    • Ah ok thanks. I still think it's weird how so many girls think it's masculine because it is the same guy with or without a beard but I just think without you have a cleaner guy

Most Helpful Guys

• I grew a beard because I was self conscious about my face. I'm blond but have a gingery "beard" and it makes me feel so much more confident and happy about myself.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sometimes it is making a statement that we are a real man and not a clone that don't have body hair.
    Also because we men are done being accused of not being a real man, I had a beard and I am big in other departments, you women start all kinds of false rumors about how a man isn't a real man so we don't get any sex. I resent all false accusations against me as a man, I can and will perform in the bedroom just fine.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 14

• Personally I like guys with beards.. But i do agree that it doesn't suit everyone.. Some look really good, while some look good clean shaven.. It's totally up to y'all..

0|1
    0|0
    • Ah ok thanks, maybe you're right, maybe I'm just one of those it doesn't look right with

• Show All
    • Ah ok

• Brards are curse

• Yes I’ve noticed it and it’s fucking amazing! With a beard= man without= boy

1|2
    1|0
    • But it's still the same person. It's kind of like girls and make up - guys love it but it's still the same person under the mask.

• I don’t know it’s fashion. I personally don’t like a beard as soon as it is longer than a stubble beard

0|1
    0|0
  • It looks rugged. I don't like it on every guy and it's nice if it's somewhat maintained. It makes them look older, manlier and sometimes it's nice to feel against your face when you're kissing them or to grab onto. Not many guys can pull it off in the way I like though and trimmed often looks better or just scruff :)

0|1
    0|0
  • What is with all the fucking beard questions lately. If you want to look like a Beduin or Santa Clause, be my guest, but don't try to make it into some kind of trend.

1|1
    0|0
  • Among my guy friends, a lot of them look 12 years old without their facial hair. I think the reason is along those lines.

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe they think that they look manly if they have beards

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it makes them look more mature and more masculine.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know but I hate them beards are just not pleasing to my eyes

0|1
    0|0
  • Because it’s hawt and manly 😂❤️

0|2
    0|0
  • I dont like it at all

0|1
    0|1
  • I can't explain why, I just like it

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't like it it's horrible so long man

0|1
    0|3
  • Dk. I dont like it

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 26

• Hey I hate beards I hate the feeling of them always feel like I got to shave I don't think women like him that much unless they like to be like I don't even want to talk about it but just send things and sex then if you have a beard forget it going to hate the next day anyway too much information

0|1
    0|1
  • Beards are representation of masculinity. It's a result of high levels of testerone. A chemical which makes the chances of fertility of sperms very high.
    It's an Alpha thing (only the lion has the beard)
    That's a different concept that some do like it while others prefer clean shave.

0|1
    0|0
  • On a certain level it shows that you are healthy full of testosterone. Manly man... lol. Ever since high school I've at least had a gotee. Then a few years ago, I was laid off from my job and just got the urge to let a full beard grow. I do keep it manicured, beard treatments, trimmed, etc. Over time it's actually gotten softer and not so course feeling.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because guys who don't use tools or have a manly job want to feel as though they're men. In construction jobs, few men have beards.

0|1
    0|1
    • This is exactly what I was thinking - it's to look masculine. But I think people shouldn't need one to show they are male. They should be satisfied in their own knowledge that they are male and shouldn't feel that they need to prove it

• Show All
    • @MM442 you either work in a coffee shop or in retail, don't you?

• 😅No I don't but you evidently do you know a lot about those coffee shops and retail.

• I usually have a beard because I like it. I really couldn't care less about what's in style

0|1
    0|0
  • For me it's just laziness. Used to shave every day, got to a point I just couldn't be bothered. Trim now every couple of weeks

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm bald and without facial hair I would look like a bald baby

0|1
    0|0
    • Lol this made me laugh! I like the bald without face hair too but I see how you might feel

• Trend. Not everyone does like it. But some with particular syndrome believe it makes them look manly and earn them respect and dominace lol

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm just growing my own out so I can take pictures of it fully formed before I get it grey.

0|2
    0|0
  • It makes men look much tougher... i hope this fashion never expires!

1|2
    0|0
  • It's an easy way of expressing myself that isn't permanent, is considered attractive by many, and makes me look older than I am.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nature.

I dont see a lot of girls shaving their boobs off.

0|0
    0|0
  • So you can't grow beard🤔

1|1
    0|0
  • That's what a trend is.

0|1
    0|0
    • Yeah true, trends are weird sometimes lol

• Because it makes me look like I'm not 15

0|1
    0|0
  • Because they are trying to look like real men.

0|1
    0|0
  • Beards are nice

0|1
    0|0
  • Fashion maybe?

0|2
    0|0
  • Because beards look alright?

0|1
    0|0
  • I like the beardsy look it fits me

0|1
    0|0
  • Punch 'em in the nose, if so declined.

0|1
    0|0
  • Why not.

0|1
    0|0
  • I just didn't want to look like a baby

0|1
    0|0
  • due to the 25% tarrifs on steel

0|1
    0|0
  • Make us way cooler

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it's due to the hipster culture - once hipsters became popular, everybody started wearing beards.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes