Do you think the amount of makeup a girl puts on reflects her confidence in any way?

7486

Most Helpful Guys

• There is confidence and then there is crippling fear of not doing things because you think you are undeserving of them.
    And the latter is, unfortunately, often the case with women who don't wear a lot of makeup or spend a lot of time on styling themselves.

More often than not, the women who don't wear any makeup, do so because they are afraid they DON'T have the looks to put it on.
    They are afraid of drawing attention to themselves.

I do not think not wearing makeup reflects positively on a woman.
    And neither does constant whimpering about women who do wear makeup.

• I don't think a person's fashion sense has much to do with confidence. If a girl who went heavy on the cosmetics and dolling up generally lacked confidence, then you might expect a girl who throws on raggedy clothes, has unkempt hair, hairy legs, and no make-up to be supremely confident.

I haven't found that to be the case in my experience. Some of the most confident girls I've known go a bit heavy on the cosmetics along with some who are nervous at a party. But often the most nervous people I've seen in social settings completely lacking in confidence were those who often seemed to lack any fashion sense whatsoever.

Most Helpful Girls

• For most cases, no. Many girls wear make up for different reasons. I, for one, only wear make up for special occasions such as family gatherings, going out, etc. and even then it's only a small amount of mascara in order to make my lashes a bit darker and longer. Some other girls wear it to feel prettier, some because they find it fun, to show their talents, because they feel like wearing it, etc etc.
    Although in some cases it may be that the girl isn't confident looking bare faced.
    So overall, it just depends on who they are as a person.

• Some cases, yes because when you use so much it can start to ruin your face or you feel like you always need it to look your best. However, for a lot of cases, it's just an art or sense of style like clothing. So sometimes a lot of makeup doesn't always mean they feel ugly without it. It varies on the woman.