Do you think the amount of makeup a girl puts on reflects her confidence in any way?

Do you think the amount of makeup a girl puts on reflects her confidence in any way?

1|3

Most Helpful Guys

• There is confidence and then there is crippling fear of not doing things because you think you are undeserving of them.
    And the latter is, unfortunately, often the case with women who don't wear a lot of makeup or spend a lot of time on styling themselves.

More often than not, the women who don't wear any makeup, do so because they are afraid they DON'T have the looks to put it on.
    They are afraid of drawing attention to themselves.

I do not think not wearing makeup reflects positively on a woman.
    And neither does constant whimpering about women who do wear makeup.

2|0
    0|0
  • I don't think a person's fashion sense has much to do with confidence. If a girl who went heavy on the cosmetics and dolling up generally lacked confidence, then you might expect a girl who throws on raggedy clothes, has unkempt hair, hairy legs, and no make-up to be supremely confident.

I haven't found that to be the case in my experience. Some of the most confident girls I've known go a bit heavy on the cosmetics along with some who are nervous at a party. But often the most nervous people I've seen in social settings completely lacking in confidence were those who often seemed to lack any fashion sense whatsoever.

2|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• For most cases, no. Many girls wear make up for different reasons. I, for one, only wear make up for special occasions such as family gatherings, going out, etc. and even then it's only a small amount of mascara in order to make my lashes a bit darker and longer. Some other girls wear it to feel prettier, some because they find it fun, to show their talents, because they feel like wearing it, etc etc.
    Although in some cases it may be that the girl isn't confident looking bare faced.
    So overall, it just depends on who they are as a person.

2|0
    0|0
  • Some cases, yes because when you use so much it can start to ruin your face or you feel like you always need it to look your best. However, for a lot of cases, it's just an art or sense of style like clothing. So sometimes a lot of makeup doesn't always mean they feel ugly without it. It varies on the woman.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 84

• No I think the amount of makeup that a girl puts on is directly related to how well the Cosmetic industry has used their advertising to convince naive girls that they are not beautiful without their products which is complete and total bullshit because 90% of all women that I have met look way sexier without makeup

2|1
    0|0
  • It could be that. Or it could be that she has not learned how to apply makeup correctly in a way that looks right for her. Doing it right take time and practice. She could be in a hurry all the time or lazy, thinking more is better or that's how the makeup ad, which is trying to sell a product, does it.

3|0
    0|0
  • Mmm sometimes actually. I mean sure some girls just like to wear it which is understandable but sometimes when I see it caked on and it doesn't look good, I feel like it's to help with confidence even though they'd probably look better without it.

4|0
    0|0
  • I think yes it does. And I am talking about a girl who is not an actress or a model by proffession. Bcz they have to do it out of need. But others, I think the more make up they put on a regular day, the less confident they are about themselves. Or else they wouldn't have relied on make up everyday to make them look pretty. To all those girls out there: you are pretty anyway, with or without makeup. So find a guy who will appreciate you both ways, nobody else matters. Cheers!

1|0
    0|0
  • No. The amount of makeup they wear does not denote confidence. Someone can be massively confident and wear no makeup or they can be massively confident and wear makeup, they can have no confidence and wear no makeup or have no confidence and wear makeup. It just makes them comfortable and they wear it for themselves

1|1
    0|0
  • Depends on her relationship with it. If she can flip a switch and go 5 days all natural. then it's probably not associated to her confidence or lack thereof. If she can't, then it's pretty obvious.

Like most things. It's not the "Thing", but the place it's coming from.

2|0
    0|0
  • Well. . . I wouldn't exactly call this confidence!

1|2
    0|0
  • No because some girls look incredibly pretty with their makeup, it's not that they aren't pretty without it, and they know that, but why not look your absolute best?

3|0
    0|0
  • I could care less for makeup because I dont need to see makeup to see beauty.

3|1
    0|0
  • I try not to make assumptions about those things; you just never know what someone's reasons might be.
    Could be they don't wanna look ugly, but aren't too worried about looking good.
    If I were really that curious I'd just ask her.

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 72

• I don't know if putting makeup reflects confidence. But it doesn't matter bcz the most important thing is taking care of our skin so we don't have to wear a lot of makeup. Loving our skin when it's not covered with foundation would be the biggest confidence booster!

2|0
    0|0
  • not really

1|0
    0|0
  • I hate my face. My freckles, my nose, the way my eye brows look, the way my eyes look, my mouth, teeth, lips, face shape, my whole head. But all I wear is mascara and that’s become rare to me. I’ve just learned to say fuck it. Like it or not, I don’t have the time or patience to continuously cover myself in makeup.

1|0
    0|0
  • Very possible. As an example, I'm self-assured, and I don't wear make up. I also am relatively short but don't realize it unless I see myself compared to others on a mirror. In my head, everyone is about my height. I wonder if it has to do with confidence/ego

1|0
    0|0
  • Nah, not really. It depends on the girl and why she wears it. I wear very little because I don't like makeup and wore it a lot in my younger years.
    I have always been a light makeup wearer by the way, I hate cakey heavy makeup, it makes me worry about my skin for some reason.

2|0
    0|0
  • The most insecure girls usually don't wear makeup, I don't know where people came up with the idea of "girls wear makeup because they're insecure, they don't feel pretty without it" WRONG! It's the other way around the most insecure wears little to no makeup at all.

3|0
    0|0
  • Well, each girl does it for different reasons.
    I wear make just out of fun and it is kinda a form of art (and it’s the only art I can actually do). But I know MANY girls who do it because they don’t want to show their bare face. So it’s different for everybody.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. I think thats true. I dont usually wear any unless im covering a spot on my face. Then a bit of power and some light eye shadow and a light touch of eye luner and some light colored pink lipstick. So it looks natural and im dome

1|0
    0|1
  • A little. If a girl has a bunch of makeup on and a crazy dark fake tan and all of that, it can actually be a sign of insecurity I think. Because some will only use makeup to cover their insecurities. I'd say that those who can wear makeup, look bold and still imperfect are the most confident.

1|1
    0|0
  • IT's not the amount, but I do think it's more how often they wear it. I personally do not always wear make up. I may apply it like 3 or 4 times a month or if I'm having a bad breakout, I'll use it then. But 80% of the time, I don't wear any make up at all.

It's when women can't imagine leaving the house without their make up on is when I think about their confidence. Make up was never meant to be your actual face. It's supposed to be an enhancer.

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes