How do you feel about this hairstyle aka the "Man-Bun"?

I saw some guy the other day which prompted me to ask this question

I personally think it's a fashion faux pas.

How do you feel about this hairstyle aka the
  • It's terrible
    Vote A
  • I like it
    Vote B
  • I have that hairstyle
    Vote C
  • I have some other opinion
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
If you dont have any ties to viking ancestry in your blood you shouldn't even have this hairstyle

You just look like some hipster with a bad haircut
Im raffling off MHO! :)

5|5

Most Helpful Girls

Most Helpful Guys

• i use to really wanted a man bun and like have 1 bang just hanging, and i've always been told by many people and friends i have the face and head shape to pull it off. but i gave up on it every time because growing out my hair is annoying like most of the time when my hair starts growing out it looks bad and it bothers me, and sometimes when actually grew out my hair i go to the barber shop to get the sides shaved off and to get a shaped up, the barber just snips off inches from the top every time. even though i told them specifically told them leave the top and just shave off the side in the end they still cut the top off and i'm like "ugh... screw it" so man bun never happened on me. but after seeing this post i might just attempt growing out my hair again to get a man bun.

0|1
    0|0
    • ancient men in asia use to braid their hair or had man buns too, so we also can do man buns

• Very true

• Don't Sumo wrestlers wear them?

Sailors in the Royal Navy used to have long plaits, too.

• Personally I hate the word "man bun"

Trying to cover up the fact that it's just a bun/ponytail, making it seem like their hairstyle is masculine.

You're wearing a ponytail or a bun! JUST OWN IT!

I wear a ponytail unironicly
    though because my hair doesn't look good short.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 92

What Guys Said 109

• Just like sooo many style trends, aka fads, this one will come and go. In its time, the mullet was just as cool as the man-bun is now, and, those of us with a sense of humor can laugh at what we did to ourselves to make us look cool... polyester suits, platform shoes, any piece of clothing worn in the '70's...

This too shall pass...

0|1
    0|0
    • i hope so

all these posers rocking man buns is triggering me

• it has it's place. in sports when you want hair out of your face, in viking times, perhaps in some sort of film/tv/stage acting.

outside of that while i don't particularly care i find it unappealing

0|1
    0|0
  • Looks good on some, not so good on others.
    I don't have it. Want to try it. I think it would suit me.

0|1
    1|0
  • So many of these trends are just horrible. Wasn't it a few years ago when the Hitler Youth haircut was back in for men? SMH

0|1
    0|0
  • Man bun=Douchebag.
    There's also a whole other category from The States that I saw when I went on a business trip to LA that's now invading our great Maple Nation: The LA Hipster douchebag. They don't have to have man buns, but it is a plus. They typically wear old vintage style 80's wear, old 20's hats cropped to one side, fake prescription glasses that they don't really need, tattoos that shouldn't be tattoos, dress clothes that shouldn't really be dress clothes, skateboarding shoes and carry either Apple or Android products. They also hate anything mainstream and they're just, they're just all terrible.
    Also they're more likely to be born in my generation (millennials ages 20-40). Possibly in an attempt to cling onto or recapture youth and allure or seem more mature and progressive than their "less cultured" peers.
    Thanks America. You did this.

0|1
    0|0
  • If someone has long hair and they tie it up into a ponytail or something to look a bit more professional, I think that’s fine. I think that man buns, aka the short little nubby ponytails, look silly though.

It’s almost like you’re desperate to get a ponytail, and so you can’t wait for your hair to grow out. That being said, I’m not a big fan of the β€˜shaved sides’ look in general anyway. If you jell it/poof it upward as some do, it basically just turns your hair into looking like dying/dried out grass. A slicked-back style reminds me of the pokemeon Machoke. It generally likewise reminds me of Bert lol

0|1
    0|0
    • Dont do em like that fam. you just roasted a whole niche community of men lol

• It's not horrible if done well. The picture here is actually one of the only examples I've seen that looks well executed. The hair braid along with the beard helps it maintain a very masculine aura reminiscent of Dwarves from Lord of the Rings. So while I generally speaking don't like man buns because 80% of people who wear a man bun really just can't pull it off... there are the 20% that make it work and make it look good.

Basically it's the same as my opinions on sideburns.

0|1
    0|0
    • I agree with the update. It's very norse... and if someone can look like a true viking while wearing it then that's awesome... if not then screw that xD

• It's not s bad hairstyle by any means its just to many people started getting it and people who probably shouldn't have are getting it. If it's suits your head and face shape and you've never done it maybe get a variation of the cut so you don't look like everyone else

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't think it really matter whether you have Nordic/viking heritage or not. Some people can rock it, some can't. As Deadpool says "that's why the man bun is the millenial mullet." I think it looks good if there are braids and a beard involved giving it the viking look as you mentioned but it does make a lot of people look like a hipster.

0|0
    0|0
  • One of the things that attracts me right of the bat is a girls pretty hair. You put that on a guy and you take away sort of it's Aura. I'm totally not in for it and I'd hate to see one even though I wouldn't say anything to the guy.

0|1
    0|0
  • I used to have long hair and i NEVER put it in a bun.

Just no!

0|1
    0|0
  • My hair is long enough to touch my ass. Sometimes I'd tie it up to be a real big man bun haha it's terrible. But I think it does attract some girls around, both locals and expats.

0|1
    0|0
  • It looks dopey to me, I don't hate it as much as that upward messy hair bun women do though, that's just trashy in my opinion.

I do like how the Japanese samurai were depicted with the buns and their ronin style facial hair though, that shit is awesome.

0|0
    0|0
  • I was going to make a joke about how the man-bun is okay because I support gay culture but then I realized no gay man would be caught dead with a man-bun so it's basically just cross dressing to me now.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it looks kind of weird. Maybe because it's rare.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's not for me, but if it floats a guy's boat he should have the hairstyle he wants and who cares what anyone else thinks.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on how they want to wear it.
    I wouldn't wear it tho because I think it looks stupid.
    But whatever they want to do is their business.

0|1
    0|0
  • Absolutely screams douchebag. I don't know why but I hate it. Cut your hair, instead of trying to use it as a fashion symbol. You're male, cut it out and grow up.

0|1
    1|0
  • Hah I used to have one. I was growing my hair out to donate it.
    Would never do it for another reason cause longass, thickass hair is a pain in the ass.
    Definitely didn't help me get girls lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Have short hair, have long hair, have no hair. I don't care. However, "man-bun" should be illegal.

JUST SAY "NO!" TO MAN-BUN!

0|2
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes