Why would a girl stop wearing make-up?

There is a girl I know, she's an acquaintance who I had a Uni class with several years ago. She lives in a neighbouring suburb from me.

I usually bump into her regularly, like once every several weeks or so. I've noticed over the last 1.5-2 years she seems to have discontinued applying makeup and im curious as to why.

Why would a girl so using makeup in her everyday life?

Why would a girl stop wearing make-up?

1|1

Most Helpful Girls

• There's so many reason
    It can be that she don't think she needs to use makeup anymore, that she don't have the time, that she just prefer herself like she is
    Every girl have different reason its really a personal choice

0|1
    0|0
  • You get bored of it as you get older. You're less concerned with looking a certain way.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• - Lazy
    - Got a boyfriend already
    - Can’t afford that shit anymore (perhaps new financial commitments)
    - She matured to the point she’s completely comfortable in her own skin

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 20

• Cause I got tired of putting on and taking off. One day I woke up and asked myself: Why wake up 2 hours early to put on make when you can get 2 hours of extra sleep before going to work? Plus guys are constantly telling us they don't like us wearing make up anyway, so hey.. a win for them.

1|1
    0|0
  • Some give up on their looks because of sad situations they can't help. They don't care anymore. Maybe she is in this rut now and she will not ever tell you. You can only guess, but this is my guess. It happens.

0|1
    0|0
  • I guess maybe her routine has changed and she doesn't have time for it? It could also be that maybe she was covering up acne or something and now her skin is better or just straight up that she's not interested in doing it anymore.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have been going without makeup pretty often at least to work. I don't wear it because I'm there to work not look good and it looks even shittier after a 12 hour shift.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because she doesn’t give a shit what others care about her. Why is it even anyone’s business? Maybe she loves herself without it, too.

0|1
    0|0
  • I know when I go without makeup it’s just to remind myself that I don’t need. Or sometimes I need to give my skin a break.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know it could be a number of reasons for example I stopped wearing makeup because it breaks me out, feels uncomfortable since I sweat a lot more, and because I don’t have time.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because it's time-consuming and frivolous. Not to mention expensive.

0|2
    0|0
  • I dont wear makeup unless its a special event so i understand. Its bad for your skin and takes time out of your day

0|1
    0|0
  • I guess some women get tired of continuously putting it on or get bored of it. I stopped because I simply wanted to represent my natural beauty

0|1
    0|0
  • Makeup can be bad for the skin if not put in properly. So maybe she had skin problems or didn’t give a fuck about what people thought of her anymore

1|1
    0|0
  • Laziness. I can sleep 30 mins longer if I go for homeless look.

0|1
    4|1
  • She could be giving her skin a break or just feels like going au naturale these days.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not good for confidence and skin.

0|2
    0|0
  • Problem with her skin, laziness.

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe she is committed. Guys hate it

0|1
    0|0
  • Because sleep is more important

0|1
    0|0
  • I’m not sure... Maybe she just decided to stop.

0|1
    0|0
  • She busy. Makeup takes time

0|1
    0|0
  • She accepted her natural appearance.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 10

• Because make up is tiring and you have to understand that make up isn't necessary.

1|1
    0|0
  • Could be just going natural. Some faiths discourage make up. Probably many reasons. Someone super health conscious may do it to get away from chemicals.

0|1
    0|0
  • i feel like there are a lot of potential reasons... but i guess a big one is feeling more comfortable and desiring to go natural.

0|1
    0|0
  • A girl might stop wearing makeup cause she feels pressured from her friends, boyfriend, family etc or she just wants to go natural.

0|1
    0|0
  • Haha, cuz it's more attractive than a lot of clown faces

1|1
    0|0
  • Let people do what ever they do as long as it do sent directly effect any one else

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe she has decided to just stop some women do

1|1
    0|0
  • She can't afford it

1|1
    0|0
  • Maybe she ran out

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe she's unhappy