Gender neutral underwear?

What is your opinion on this company that is making gender neutral underwear?
www.teenvogue.com/.../tomboyx-underwear-shade-gender-size-inclusiveGender neutral underwear?
  • Good
  • Bad

2111

Most Helpful Girls

• I guess the bottoms are comfortable when going to the gym or something - but we already have underwear for that. The bra is horrible both in fitting and in "support" - I, personally, would never dress like that on a date or similar. Not because the man expect me having sexy underwear but because *I* want feminine sexy underwear.

I think the idea of "gender neutral" is good in it's intention but the above picture doesn't show gender neutral to me. The bottom have buttons for the guys (trans in this picture), then either all should or none should, right?

Gender neutral - does that mean non-sexual? I find that sad because now we're talking of making sexual things a "bad" thing. And I believe the society can gain a better understanding of it's people if it was less discriminating, less hidden and more openly talked about.

I for one want's to embrace my sexuality as a woman and love sexy lingerie. I would never buy above clothing for the reason of "neutralizing" my sexuality. I find lace comfortable; g-strings are comfortable - even no panties is comfy.

I think gender neutral underwear sets a bad tone, really, in this case.
    To be sexy is not a bad thing.

• It's not gender neutral. It's for people with feminine shaped bodies - women. It's just not overly frilly.

Most Helpful Guys

• I think its a cool idea. I'm wondering how it works with anatomical differences, but if it does a good job of fitting both, that's pretty cool actually.

• Male and female anatomy vary too much biologically to dress one interchangeably with the other in my opinion. I could see a case for common design patterns being available in both men's and women's varieties, but I don't think you can apply the concept of "one-size-fits-all" very well to both males and females alike. Might be able to get away with it for very stretchy fabrics but still think fashion is really about dressing the nude human figure based on the features it has going (which varies considerably from male to female, and also from individual to individual).

• Even the gabardine costumes for Star Trek which were stretchy and shared the same kind of design for males and females were tailored differently for male and female bodies, e. g.