Gender neutral underwear?

What is your opinion on this company that is making gender neutral underwear?
www.teenvogue.com/.../tomboyx-underwear-shade-gender-size-inclusiveGender neutral underwear?
  • Good
    Vote A
  • Bad
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I guess the bottoms are comfortable when going to the gym or something - but we already have underwear for that. The bra is horrible both in fitting and in "support" - I, personally, would never dress like that on a date or similar. Not because the man expect me having sexy underwear but because *I* want feminine sexy underwear.

I think the idea of "gender neutral" is good in it's intention but the above picture doesn't show gender neutral to me. The bottom have buttons for the guys (trans in this picture), then either all should or none should, right?

Gender neutral - does that mean non-sexual? I find that sad because now we're talking of making sexual things a "bad" thing. And I believe the society can gain a better understanding of it's people if it was less discriminating, less hidden and more openly talked about.

I for one want's to embrace my sexuality as a woman and love sexy lingerie. I would never buy above clothing for the reason of "neutralizing" my sexuality. I find lace comfortable; g-strings are comfortable - even no panties is comfy.

I think gender neutral underwear sets a bad tone, really, in this case.
    To be sexy is not a bad thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not gender neutral. It's for people with feminine shaped bodies - women. It's just not overly frilly.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I think its a cool idea. I'm wondering how it works with anatomical differences, but if it does a good job of fitting both, that's pretty cool actually.

0|0
    0|0
  • Male and female anatomy vary too much biologically to dress one interchangeably with the other in my opinion. I could see a case for common design patterns being available in both men's and women's varieties, but I don't think you can apply the concept of "one-size-fits-all" very well to both males and females alike. Might be able to get away with it for very stretchy fabrics but still think fashion is really about dressing the nude human figure based on the features it has going (which varies considerably from male to female, and also from individual to individual).

0|0
    0|0
    • Even the gabardine costumes for Star Trek which were stretchy and shared the same kind of design for males and females were tailored differently for male and female bodies, e. g.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 19

• why is there a man in the photo?

0|0
    0|0
  • It's idiotic. They're damn underwear why in the world do they have to be gender neutral? We have men's underwear and females underwear so why make new underwear? If you identify as a girl then wear girls, same with guys.

1|0
    0|0
  • Stupid. No one sees them anyway. They’re just capitalizing on a political trend that will die and some day are kids will look at those old adds like we do our grandparents advertisements and wonder what the Heck we were thinking.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am also selling gender neutral marijuana. For trans friendly smokers. If people buy it good for them but more than anything this is a sign of capitalist material consumerism taken to an extreme. Nothing says conformists like this kind of advertising.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fucking retarded. As I’ve said a lot lately, I’m sick of all this extremist leftist bullshit.

2|1
    0|0
  • underwear is already gender neutral. anyone an wear any underwear-just get your size.

0|0
    0|0
  • No thank you...
    You know we have different bodyparts right?
    And that just doesn't look sexy at all.

0|2
    0|1
  • Men and women have different bodies, they need different shaped clothes

1|0
    0|0
  • That's skin toned underwear. It has no relation to gender neutrality

0|0
    0|0
    • It’s gender neutral as both men and women have the same boxer bottom type underwear

• That guy wasn't wearing a top part. He's different. Gender neutral my ads.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn’t wear it cause it look kinda ugly but good I suppose

0|0
    0|0
    • exactly a lot of women said it more comfortable than panties they currently have. Also I think it’s good because it helps take the idea that women’s underwear are meant for sexual attraction. Like most of everything Victoria’s Secret sells. Don’t you agree something like this would be a step towards equality and the right direction?

• I don't like it, I prefer colorful and lace underwear so

0|0
    0|0
  • Whats wrong with having a gender tho

1|0
    0|0
  • They won't get anyone laid.

0|2
    0|0
  • Meh... Mo rhanks

0|0
    0|0
  • Stupid af

0|0
    0|0
  • What’s the purpose

0|0
    0|0
    • exactly a lot of women said it more comfortable than panties they currently have. Also I think it’s good because it helps take the idea that women’s underwear are meant for sexual attraction. Like most of everything Victoria’s Secret sells. Don’t you agree something like this would be a step towards equality and the right direction?

• It's okay

0|0
    0|0
  • Looks cool

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 9

• If I took off a girl's pants and seen those, I would be laughing too hard to stay hard... Those are the ugliest f-ing things since granny-panties... EMBRASE YOUR SEXUALITY, PEOPLE!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm more worried about wtf happened to that dude's junk. There is literally no bulge there. What did they do with that man's genitals?

0|0
    0|0
    • I wonder if he is a trans guy?

• Show All
    • Not if he'd had a mastectomy. As I understand it, pre-op usually refers to genital surgery.

• As I understand it, pre-op would still classify "him" as a "her" when it comes to print image standards, regarless of the size of breast. Which would mean the nipples would have to be covered. That only applies to the US, Canada, and the UK (I think) though. Also, if it's supposed to be for both sexes why only have one sex in the pic right? It makes sens there would be at least one male.

• Sounds like the classic compromise: A solution, where both parties are equally unhappy.

0|1
    0|0
  • Don't know; don't care. Holy crap those two chicks are fat as hell.

0|0
    1|0
  • I certainly don't want to see my girlfriend wearing those abominations. Kill my boner right away.

0|0
    0|1
  • That's so dumb. And there's no way I'm fitting my dick into that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Marketing gimmek

0|0
    0|1
  • not for me

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people really want it. It's not up to anyone to police what underwear someone else wears.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes