What’s your opinion of shorter hair on girls?

This would he shoulder length hair. Not super short, just not long either.
  • It looks good
  • It looks bad
  • It looks good, but I prefer longer hair
    Vote C
  • It looks better than long hair
    Vote D
  • I prefer it equally to long hair
    Vote E
259 votes? Jeez!

2454

Most Helpful Guys

• I prefer shoulder-length to longer actually not for looks, but practical reasons. I dated a girl who had super long hair and it'd be sprawled over the bed when she slept. Since I often worked late, I'd try to sneak into the bed without waking her up and without turning on the lights only to give her a rude awakening when I pulled her hair by accident which was sprawled over my side of the bed.

Nowadays I might even prefer the look somewhat on most girls, like this:
    stylesweekly.com/.../...th-blonde-hairstyles-5.jpg

It still does the job of framing the girl's face which is what I tend to associate as "feminine". The hair is still long enough to do that, so to speak, while the shoulder-length aspect makes it kind of modern and stylish and very practical to me.

• Before I might have liked longer than shoulder-length a tad better, but kind of fell out of love with that image with that girl I dated. Aside from sometimes accidentally leaning on her hair which was sprawled over my bed and hurt her by accident, she'd have to spend like an hour in the shower shampooing and drying her hair.

• Sometimes, from the shoulders up (and sometimes seeing the whole self) a girl with short hair reminds me of a boy. Pixie cut is 10 degrees on the long side from being an emo boy cut. And guys can wear guyliner just as often as you ladies don't wear eyeliner, so I can't reliably judge by presence of makeup.

Feel free to go short haired, but you should accept the change in size of the dating pool. And if you already have a guy, hopefully you'll discuss it with him before making your decision; you wouldn't wanna find it after the fact that he doesn't feel the same as he did before the cut.

Most Helpful Girls

• I personally donate my hair every 1-2 years depending on how long I want to give, and for myself I usually get jaw-length hair, so I'm definitely not opposed to girls having short hair.

But I think it depends on the face of the girl, and I mean facial features and shape of her face. Some might look good, whereas others might look better with longer or shorter hair.

• I guess it kinda just depends on their face shape and what works best for their lifestyle and how they maintain it.

If they have short hair that could look good on them but they don’t maintain it well, nonetheless, it will not work out.