What do you do to feel confident?

Question says it all, just curious what others do to make themselves confident. (:

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Look at everything as challenge.
    Instead of saying to yourself "I can't do that." Say "It'll be difficult, but I'll work through it."
    Don't make excuses for things. Own the fact that you made a mistake, messed up, or didn't fully understand. Admit it, and move on.
    If you don't like something that someone does, stand your ground. Don't be rude or mean about it, but don't let them walk all over you either.
    Set standards, and don't make exceptions to those standards.

Do those, and you will start to feel different. People will see you differently, and start to treat you different. It takes a small amount of confidence to this, but each little bit builds on the previous.

0|0
    0|0
  • I try to do things instead of discussing about them or asking others to do it for me.

I don't restrict myself. I try everything either I succeed or not.

A failure is never a failure. I learnt something. I change negative results into positive outcomes.

Before telling anybody to change their habit, I make sure that I myself am not at fault.

Gaining respect gives us abundance of confidence.

We should respect ourselves more than anybody else.

Knowing what is right and believing what we do as right, and holding on to that decision makes us feel genuine and confident.

By being such, when we dedicate ourselves and give out everything in us, to complete a job and the unknown result turns out to be 'what we expected', gives hell lot of confidence.

That's how we try and keep trying by finding 'n' number of possibilities and never give up until the work is done.

We talk about positivity and preach the same among the fellow adults and kids.

I don't step out of my comfort in my personal life, so that I could work outside my comfort zone and feel confident about completing tasks within the given time.

I take each step at a time, carefully and precisely.

I apologise for my mistakes and I thank almost every stranger who helps me out, in my everyday life.

A mistake once done wouldn't be repeated again, forever.

People's smile like heartwarming or thankfulness or appreciative ones, gives us a lot of confidence.

When we behave like nobody hates us, we feel confident that we can blend anywhere and with anyone.

0|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Im always saying to myself that, i am who i am, anyone in my life must accept this. Im not living for them. So this is me. I love me. So they have to do the same. They have to love me.
    And i'll let you know that people always notice how you feeling about yourself so... Always have confidence to prevent being annoyed.

0|0
    0|0
  • There’s some days where you wake up and you just don’t feel like you look good. So I make sure to dress nicely on those days. When I’m really not feeling confident, I talk to my best friend about it and she tackles those insecurities.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 96

• Well for me its the fact that haters are going to hate regardless and that negative responses should be taken with a grain of salt. As in negative responses really should be seen as constructive critism and not as hate.

Also build your own trust network of close friends and family who actually respect you and take you seriously. And by friends and family I mean those you consider family cause, family is not always by blood. It can be those you choose to call family.

0|0
    0|0
  • Good question, but when I am pretending to be confident in anything, I imagine that the people around me are friends, or aren’t taking notice of what I do/say so if I do something stupid it doesn’t matter

1|1
    0|0
  • Know yourself, know your worth. Be fully independent and stop caring things that are worthless to care about. In the end, 99 out of 100 don't matter. Life still goes on. Also, I personally have nothing to lose (in a very pessimistic way). Hence I'm confident. Wasn't always like that, but since 22. Still always extremely conscious to not be arrogant. Stay humble, peaceful, confident and live on.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do absolutely nothing, apart from try and reach goals I never thought I could. When that happens, I feel like I can do anything, even if that may be false. It's the mentality that counts.

0|0
    0|0
  • - killing negative thoughts that would bring you down, and replacing them with positive motivation

- being kind to others will improve self-image and relationships, as well as long lasting impressions on others

- achieving small goals everyday

0|0
    0|0
  • Every morning I look in the mirror and say "Nobody likes you. You're ugly and your mother dresses you funny. Now smile you fucking douche."

3|1
    0|0
  • I wear clothes I am very comfy in where I don't wonder about this or that... I know I look smoking hot in these so bam! I'm cool.
    In the other hand I either listen to music or watch funny videos on YouTube.
    Dog videos cat videos they do the trick, or impractical jokers if I wanna have a laugh attack
    Or if it's a real deal problem, il make human contact. With my friends

0|0
    0|0
  • Realizes I can always better myself. Nothing is permanent, even my mistakes. Making it fun to work on me helps me to stay confident. Not gonna even lie, I put myself into main protagonist mode lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Just observe the world around me. People do stupid stuff constantly. Last week a guy at a restaurant strangled his own female relative who was in a wheelchair because she ate the last piece of chicken. It's hard to read that and not feel superior.

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe that I'm the only person who matters, with all the other people being nothing more than figments of my imagination that only exist to facilitate my well-being.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am always confident - comes with the pesonality. I know my abilities and limitations. And I am also able to admit when something is out of my league.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just be yourself and do it like who gives a damn fuck. I deadass do the stupidest things ever and it's part of me. Just be you and do what you want and trust me you will be soooooooo much happier

0|0
    0|0
  • I just remind myself to just be myself. If they don't like who or what I am about so what. All anyone can do is be themselves and do the best they can.

1|0
    0|0
  • I throw in a joke or two, honestly. I make sure to lighten the mood around me as I work/perform. It takes weight off of my back and I become confident quite quickly.

0|0
    0|0
  • I change my body language to a more confident stature, listen to music, and boom. Confidence for 3 hours.

0|0
    0|0
  • I focus on things in the past that were tough for me to accomplish but I did anyway.

1|0
    0|0
  • Go to the gym, I know people there are a lot bigger and more muscular, but when I'm done with a workout, I feel accomplished and confident because I can see the work I'm putting in paying off.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing tbh. I think nobody needs to do something to be more confident. Just being yourself and not thinking about others enough to be confident. This is my opinion tho.

0|0
    0|0
  • You stop caring how much people looks at you.
    As long as you stay clean, smell good and dress well - you should be fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't do anything lol confidence comes as you mature up and become more comfortable in your own skin

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 48

• I remember that its ok to have dimples. And most people will die to get some of my face features. I remember I should be glad I have my libs and that I have no disease. I remember Im young and Live is not about what others feel but what I feel about myself. After that. I dont care.

0|0
    0|0
  • A small pep talk, sometimes I just fix myself to feel AMAZING and yes that kinda lifts my confidence.

0|0
    0|0
  • It may sound really weird but I turn on rap music and rap it in the mirror. It puts me at ease makes me for beautiful and I am read to take on the day.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing actually... the only things that make me confident everyday are compliments I get but I don't do anything to make myself confident... no idea how to

0|0
    0|0
  • I spend a lot of time with myself and have self reflection. Understanding yourself is always important

1|0
    0|0
  • I will do my makeup and put on a sexy outfit. But most of all I just keep reminding my self that I am beautiful.

My man telling me all the time helps a lot to.

1|0
    0|0
  • wash my face, let my hair out, moisturize, put on cute clothes and upbeat music and do a little dance around the house to get me pumped

0|0
    0|0
  • I dress in my comfortable way, and I should tell to myself "that you look awesome today" and that whole day I will have loads of confidence with me.

0|1
    0|0
  • Just be myself. It’s going to have to be good enough or they aren’t worth my time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Exercise and eat well. Dress nicely. Take care of my hair/skin.

0|0
    0|0
  • Being myself but tbh if i feel like i look good as in clothes and stuff then I'd be more confident lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel more confident when I love myself more. Wearing modest clothing, where my boobs and butt aren’t on full display

0|0
    0|0
  • Know your strengths and weaknesses. Growth and very important surround with people that support you no matter what. Ditch the negative and people that only point out the negative in you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I put my headphones in and listen to one of the songs by my favorite band. After that I can take them out and feel much more... in the confident zone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Surround yourself with people that don't make you feel uncomfortable and help you be yourself. Once you've done that, it would come naturally the more you talk to other people.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wear a pair of leather leggings, you just *have* to feel confident wearing them!

0|0
    0|0
  • I give myself a pep talk, I dress nicely, I prepare well, I make sure one of my close friends is with me throughout the day

0|0
    0|0
  • Got to the gym, put on make up, paint my nails wearing something good.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sit on faces. Literally, makes me feel like a queen.

0|0
    0|0
  • I try to see the things that I like about myself and not focus on the ones that I hate.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes