How short of a dress can I wear as a wedding guest?

Okay so my boyfriend invited me to his brother's wedding which is this Saturday and there's this tiny problem I have; I have one formal dress, but the thing is that it's above knees length, which I am not sure if is appropriate. His mother told me it doesn't matter but I still don't feel reassured, so what's the truth? Aren't I going against the dress code if I wear them?
by the way I'll definitely be wearing some kind of top to cover my shoulders at least when in the churchHow short of a dress can I wear as a wedding guest?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Knee length. You shod never bring more attention to yourself than the bride. Black for a happy event is a little out of sink. Now if you have have a gown with pearls or other accessories it is probably not appropriate. Remember a family saying wear what ever is not a endorsement but can be a pleasantry to a guest Have fun. .

0|0
    0|0
  • Length is fine, however the color is not really the best you could choose. Black is for sad events only In my Book 🀦
    Id get something that has the same look but is rose colored or white πŸ‘Œ

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I think the dress is good, but you might want to throw in some colour too somewhere like a coloured jacket or something as I don't know if it's ok to wear all black to a wedding. If you still feel uncomfortable in the dress you can always wear some tights with it?

1|0
    0|0
  • The dress looks good, but it'd be more respectful to wear something that's not a dark colour. Black is usually worn during mourning.
    Other than that, whatever makes you feel comfortable!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 14

• While it's above knee length, it's not sorry enough to risk showing anything inappropriate. You should be fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dress code is always not being sexyer then the bride so not to much skin

0|0
    0|0
  • Short doesn't matter but cover your shoulders.

1|0
    0|0
  • Looks nice. πŸ‘

1|0
    0|0
  • You look great! Dress is perfect. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Looks great

0|0
    0|0
  • It's fine

0|0
    0|0
  • You look great...

0|0
    0|0
  • Looks great, I'd recommend shoes

0|0
    0|0
  • That dress is fine

0|0
    0|0
  • You are looking good in it. Don't worry.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fine

0|0
    0|0
  • Looks good

0|0
    0|0
  • Too Gothic. Wear something more bright.

0|0
    0|1

What Girls Said 5

• It looks goodπŸ‘πŸ»

0|0
    0|0
  • What does the invitation say?

0|0
    0|0
  • The dress is fine

0|0
    0|0