Do you think men and women have a significantly different idea of what an attractive woman looks like?

Yes, I know each individual has their own unique sense of what attractiveness looks like in a woman. But for the sake of this question, if based on a study an attractive female would be constructed, would the men's and women's attractive woman look the same or different? What do you think are the biggest differences, if there are any?

I did a question concerning men as well. Do you think men and women have a significantly different idea of what an attractive woman looks like?
  • Yes, I think they are different.
  • No, I don't think they are different.
  • Other.
    Vote C

1355

Most Helpful Guys

• Men and lesbian women?
    A straight woman can't have any idea of what an attractive woman looks like because she doesn't have the capacity to perceive any female traits as attractive.

• Straight women have an idea what they want to look like, because that is what they think looks attractive.

• What they think *men* find attractive?
      Logically, if they would simply just listen to those who do have the capacity to gauge female attractiveness (men), the ideas should align.
      If the ideas don't align, then women are either misinformed, not informed enough to make an accurate assumption, or they are letting some sort of a personal bias affect their opinion.

Looking at the picture you posted above, I would gravitate towards the interpretation that women let bias affect their opinion in this matter.

Cara Delevingne is one of the most masculine looking females I have ever seen, so my guess is that the female opinion is being affected by what women personally find attractive, which is masculine traits.
      The rather flat physique seems to suggest this as well, since big boobs and wide hips is probably not what the average woman finds attractive in men.

• I think overall people and especially the media has projected an image which says "attractive women look like X" and that's shoved in everyone's face all the time. So I think anyone in the same area would think the same kind of girl is attractive. But if the feed and societal projection changes. So does the perception. Thats why you have different attractions for different cultures. Nations. Continents. It's all about what people are told is attractive. It's stupid but in my experience it shows to be true.

Most Helpful Girls

• When my boyfriend and I were in New Orleans a few weeks ago, i remember looking at this woman walking ahead of us. she had on a semi tight skirt, but her ass and thighs were literally jiggling all over the place in a gross kind of way. i asked my boyfriend if he noticed her backside. he said yes, that she has a nice backend. and i was thinking, did you not see it loosely moving all over the friggin' place? lol showed that women notice much more than men, men have like a glossed over view.

• Mostly yeah. We Women seem to think guys are attracted to anorexic models but it's not true. I think guys are generally attracted to a wide variety of women in different sizes, height, hair color, ethnicity as long as they have a pretty face and are not overweight. I dont think there's one set type for most guys and most guys are mostly attracted to average everyday girl next door types.