Do you think men and women have a significantly different idea of what an attractive woman looks like?

Yes, I know each individual has their own unique sense of what attractiveness looks like in a woman. But for the sake of this question, if based on a study an attractive female would be constructed, would the men's and women's attractive woman look the same or different? What do you think are the biggest differences, if there are any?

I did a question concerning men as well. Do you think men and women have a significantly different idea of what an attractive woman looks like?
  • Yes, I think they are different.
    Vote A
  • No, I don't think they are different.
    Vote B
  • Other.
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Men and lesbian women?
    A straight woman can't have any idea of what an attractive woman looks like because she doesn't have the capacity to perceive any female traits as attractive.

0|0
    3|1
    • Straight women have an idea what they want to look like, because that is what they think looks attractive.

• What they think *men* find attractive?
      Logically, if they would simply just listen to those who do have the capacity to gauge female attractiveness (men), the ideas should align.
      If the ideas don't align, then women are either misinformed, not informed enough to make an accurate assumption, or they are letting some sort of a personal bias affect their opinion.

Looking at the picture you posted above, I would gravitate towards the interpretation that women let bias affect their opinion in this matter.

Cara Delevingne is one of the most masculine looking females I have ever seen, so my guess is that the female opinion is being affected by what women personally find attractive, which is masculine traits.
      The rather flat physique seems to suggest this as well, since big boobs and wide hips is probably not what the average woman finds attractive in men.

• I think overall people and especially the media has projected an image which says "attractive women look like X" and that's shoved in everyone's face all the time. So I think anyone in the same area would think the same kind of girl is attractive. But if the feed and societal projection changes. So does the perception. Thats why you have different attractions for different cultures. Nations. Continents. It's all about what people are told is attractive. It's stupid but in my experience it shows to be true.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• When my boyfriend and I were in New Orleans a few weeks ago, i remember looking at this woman walking ahead of us. she had on a semi tight skirt, but her ass and thighs were literally jiggling all over the place in a gross kind of way. i asked my boyfriend if he noticed her backside. he said yes, that she has a nice backend. and i was thinking, did you not see it loosely moving all over the friggin' place? lol showed that women notice much more than men, men have like a glossed over view.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mostly yeah. We Women seem to think guys are attracted to anorexic models but it's not true. I think guys are generally attracted to a wide variety of women in different sizes, height, hair color, ethnicity as long as they have a pretty face and are not overweight. I dont think there's one set type for most guys and most guys are mostly attracted to average everyday girl next door types.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 53

• I like the one on the left better. I don't think there is a specific look tgat all men want. Even the target looks that the media pushes change every 10 years or so.

I do not find kim Kardashian attractive.

If you are serious about researching this go to a strip club. Some women will be more popular there than others. That being said I think men put more emphasis on butt and breasts and women worry more about their hair and face.

0|0
    0|0
  • Usually not by anything significant, both men and women tend to have a idea if a woman is beautiful or ugly, if anything women tend to critique other women and themselves more, also non of those women have an ugly shape. Also with how many women are bisexual, it's easy for women to understand what men tend to like in women.

tvtropes.org/.../EvenTheGirlsWantHer

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes very different. Whenever I commented on how good looking a woman was to my ex she would call her a slut or say she is ugly and I have seen this happen with other girlfriends that I have had too. What women see as hot women is very different to what men see. For one thing most women are jealous of women who are better looking than them so they usually have something negative to say.

And that picture above is BS in my opinion. A lot of men wouldn't find those women attractive at all.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes... female's seem to think ugly girls are beautiful.. and hot girls are ugly

Here's an example https://youtu.be/s1tydA1MraE

look in the comment section at all the girls calling her beautiful

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally like the left version more. Less is more. I like petite natural looking girls. I do like a C or D cup. I seem attracted to smaller girls different compared to taller girls and I think I prefer girls around 180-185 (I am 200). Not because smaller girls look worse to me, but it's more "cute" rather than "attractive". Both have their charms.

0|0
    0|0
  • You answered your own question in your description. Everyone’s definition of attractiveness is completely different. I think the universal similarities your looking for are youth, good skin, maybe a slim body, but that is again subjective (as are all of those) and pronounced assets. But as it continues to go for everyone else, it’s completely different from all men

0|0
    0|0
  • Some guys think big women are sexy some big women think skinny is sexy. Some skinny girls think being thicker is sexy and some thicker girls think being bigger is sexy. Guys think most women are beautiful no matter size but may prefer this or that but honestly most guys settle for anything they can get ultimately or settle for love not looks or settle knowing meaning behind weight depression, bulimia, anorexia so on and choose from there.

0|0
    0|0
  • The reason blonde om the right is more attractive comes down to two things. Sex (reproduction) and fertility/health. Ancient men were genitcly hard wired to find suitable mates based on there ability to stay alive a produce children. So qualities like big boobs, high volume hair, wide hips, a curvy body, and muscles are by nature attractive to men thus this is why men today exbit those same desires.

0|0
    0|0
  • Completely. Women have NO CLUE AT ALL about what attracts men, so they keep emphasizing the entirely wrong things and get whiny and bitchy when they fail.

0|2
    0|0
  • YES. Women read magazines and stuff saying what men like, but not once has any of these magazines come my door asking my opinion.

0|3
    0|0
  • I like girls as they are, as long as they are not fat. Girls want to always mess up there human looks with (clowns) paint and awkward shoos. Really wtf.

0|0
    0|0
  • Women are told that everything is beautiful all the time and beauty at all sizes and guys don't fall for that shit as often as women do. I'm sure it's extremely different.

0|0
    0|0
  • Can be both really they can think they attractiveness is the same on the other hand he could like girls with some more curbs than she thinks its attractive so may or may not be

0|0
    0|0
  • Useally women have a more emotional mind set then men and are more likely to remember how an event made them feel.

0|0
    0|0
  • Women’s version would look overdone because I think they’re more obsessive when it comes to this. Stuff like the eyebrows, thigh gap and whatever hip dips are will be tailored into the final image

0|0
    0|0
  • I think they have a different idea. Like me for example i find thick woman or chubby woman attractive.

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone is both different, and very picky. It's what is on the inside that counts. After all for both genders their body figure can change with exercise and diet along with physical stress.

0|0
    0|0
  • Something about the chick on the right just screams narcissistic cunt... I'll take basic Becky on the left.

0|0
    0|0
  • Looks are one thing, but the personality can make all of her flaws into imperfect perfection!

0|0
    0|0
  • Obviously they are different, most women always want to become as skinny as they can possibly get, but most men don't prefer really skinny women.

0|0
    0|0
  • Now for this one I know they think differently, after having girl friends trying to set me up with their friends lets just say I'll never try that again

0|0
    0|0
  • I think women sometimes have different notions of what makes them attractive to men than the men do yes

0|0
    0|0
  • Thigh gap is a great example of difference. Women were all crazy about it while men couldn't care less.

0|1
    0|0
  • this is

0|0
    0|0
  • Men and women are different, when it comes to way of thinking so probably their definition of attractiveness may be different too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, I prefer the left one with the normal parts size. So, I don't think there are differences between our ideas.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes a little bit

Women go a little deeper while having an idea of an attractive woman because they know more about other women than men do.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would prefer the girl on the left but to each his or her opinion even though they look like same girl

0|0
    0|0
  • well yes. ita kinda hard to dissmiss individual preference with a topic like this. the picture doesn't really point out any significant difference

0|0
    0|0
  • I say yes, 'cause women refine there standatds to specifics while men have a broader sence of the attractive body.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 11

• Yes. Most women blow it up in their minds that attractive women are only the top tier, puffy-lipped, tiny waisted, instagram titty and booty girls they see online. While men can enjoy THAT, they can also enjoy women like Lauren Cohan, as an example.

0|1
    0|0
  • significantly maybe not but different surely. I think that a lot of women are harsher on look than men, they get fooled by make up, plastic surgery or a smile more easily than other women.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I think women are way harsher critics of themselves than men are. Men seem to be more accepting than women generally believe them to be.

0|0
    0|0
  • On the surface I am physically attracted to the same things men are.

0|0
    0|0
  • They are definitely different. Women think men like skin and bones but they sure do not

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe women are harsher on the looks of other women than men are on women

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I think they are different.

0|0
    0|0
  • That there tailored to straight people.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t care

0|0
    0|0
  • I think men start with the basics and women start with the details. Body parts in the major areas come first for men where a women tend to start with the face and hair.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dunno. my idea of a beautiful woman is Drac Makens.
    i.pinimg.com/.../...othic-makeup-gothic-beauty.jpg

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes