Do you think a girl should have a "beach body" to be able to wear a bikini?

So I wouldn't say I was thin or fat, I'm somewhere in between and I thought what the hell I've never wore a bikini before and I've lost some weight from dieting and exercising. I have a bit of a tummy and big thighs but I should be confident there's plenty of bigger girls than me who can get away with it and no one cares.

So the delivery came today and I tried it on, I was slightly dreading how bad I was going to look but I wasn't sure, I didn't look terrible you could just see my belly a little but I felt fat and self conscious about it so sent it back and yes you can send back bikinis as I bought it from Asos and they let you just as long as you leave the sticker in. I thought maybe later in the year if I see a nicer bikini and I loses some more weight I'll buy a new one before my holiday in September.

65131

Most Helpful Guys

• Not at all. We're surrounded by all kinds of bodies. I'm friends with this group of older ladies (by older, I mean older than me) and they regularly go to the beach or pool in their bikinis, and they look nothing like what society and the media is constantly trying to tell you what a woman should look like before she can even consider wearing a bikini. And, these ladies couldn't care less. They're all about enjoying their lives and having fun with each other and a bikini to them is just another clothing option at the beach or pool (I've been told it's more convenient than a one-piece). And you know what? That confidence is very attractive. That unabashed joie de vivre.

Every body is a beach body. The tip of getting a bikini body is to wear a bikini on your body.

• I never understood the stigma and insecurity girls felt about this.
    Firstly, If you are just going to the beach to show off your body, then of course you'll feel unsure about wearing a bikini. Because once you start comparing yourself to other people, of course you'll lose. There is always someone better than you at something.
    But if you are genuinely just going to have fun and mind your own business, wear what you want.
    Who gives a shit how other girls see you? You could be 800lbs, as long as you like it, it's functional and comfortable for you, and not over the top in extravagance, be confident and wear it proudly. Show yourself off. Hell, know what? I'm 22, hairy, and on the muscular side. Gimme a pair. I'll wear it to the beach. I'd prefer notmal shorts, but I'll legit do it to prove a point. Fuck "beach bodies". Fuck what people think. It's your body, so you feel about it however you want. if you like it the way it is, and you FEEL healthy the way you are going, stop caring what other people think. Guys or girls. They're opinion doesn't matter.

• The saddest part is, it’s not about girls insecurities. It’s about guys’ judgmental attitudes.

• And yes, most guys do care about what a girl looks like. That’s why it’s extremely rare for a guy to date an ugly and/or fat girl.

I see more models dating ugly/fat guys than male models dating ugly/fat girls.

• And that’s also why girls have extreme insecurities about how they look and their body hair. Smh.

Most Helpful Girls

• Hey, don't worry so much... I wouldn't call myself fat either, I have big things since I practiced sports and they are muscular... Is nothing much I can do about it, working out more won't make them slimming, I would only gain more muscle.. And they are covered in stretch marks and scars from self harming years ago... An yo know what? I own it, confidence is what makes you beautiful, wear that bikini like is your battle suit... If I don't feel comfortable, I would wrap a scarf around my hips, like a skirt, and all the insecurity would disappear along the day... If you don't feel comfortable showing your tummy try a one pice set... And you still can be sexy and beautiful, every time I wear a bikini, people say om very attractive, because of the confidence I wear it with, embrace your body, your not fat, you're thick and who doesn't like a thick goddess?

• Doesn't matter if you're 500 to 50pounds. You should be allowed to wear whatever you want to as long as YOU are comfortable. I've see people who are 300 pounds and still rocking it. We need to stop judging others because of their weight and start loving them for who they are. If you don't like it, don't look at it.