Boy Behavior: Does this guy like me?

I have a next door neighbor who is my age and goes to my school. A few of my other questions I have asked have had something to do with the same boy.

This week, my next door neighbor has had a crazy schedule being shuffled back and forth between his divorced parents. Today, Sunday, he finally was home. My mom went outside to throw something out and noticed he was outside putting up Christmas lights on his bushes right in front of his house. He said hi to my mom. My mom said hi back. My mom ran inside to tell me he was outside. I ran to get my shoes and I found an excuse to go outside. Once I stepped foot outside, I saw he noticed me and he literally RAN up the steps into his house. He went inside to get more lights.

He came back outside with the lights. My mom said, “Are you getting paid for this?” He said he wasn’t and that the reason he was putting up lights was because he was the only one in his family that was into Christmas. My mom told him that I was into baking cookies for Christmas and he didn’t say anything and he didn’t dare to look up.

My questions: Why did he run inside when I came outside? Why wouldn’t he look at me? When the conversation was about me, why wouldn’t he look up or say anything?
Boy Behavior: Does this guy like me?
1
1