How can I feel more confident without makeup?

I have acne, and as it has got progressively worse throughout high school I’ve gradually worn more and more makeup.

I enjoy applying and wearing makeup, and it makes me more confident, but I’ve got to the point where I’m insecure to let people (eg friends/my boyfriend) see me without it. This bothers me, and I’d like to think I could truly be myself around the people I know and trust.

I no longer feel like myself without makeup, and I wish I could sometimes have the confidence to go bare-faced without feeling insecure. Any advice?

2327

Most Helpful Guys

• Be yourself. Make sure that the people who you associate with are kind people who don't just like you for your appearance, if people make fun of you, laugh it off. Most of the time people make fun of others to hide their own insecurities or to make themselves feel better. Embrace who you are. You don't need makeup to feel better about yourself. I honestly prefer someone for who they really are. The girl I still love and want to be with I've told her time and time again not to wear makeup because I feel she's hiding her true beauty behind a mask when she wears makeup. Don't let them know and love you for the mask. Let them see beauty in your flaws. Because it's your flaws that make you perfect, and that make you who you are.

• Listen, what's making it worse is probably the make up all together and besides, you probably beautiful as hell and you don't normaly see it that way because like you said, you put more and more make up on over the years, let the real you come out and embrace it this be coming from a 16 year old dude by the way and that says sum caz how many dudes my age are like this? Just let the real you come out

Most Helpful Girls

• Hey, I’ve struggled with acne for 4 years now and I don’t have anymore.

I tried so many products and the natural ones always sort of helped me.

Now I use CELAVIVE from USANA. Their products were the best to get rid of mine.

I know it’s expensive but it’s really concentrated. A little goes a long way.

You don’t need to buy all the skincare line.

The essentials :

-Face wash
    -Toner
    -Sunscreen

If you have scars, buy the serum.

Hope it helped ! xx

• Take care of your skin: I'm not saying this to be cheeky, but I feel that this will help you. Covering your acne with makeup will be unhelpful at best, and will worsen your condition at worst. Along with any treatments you may be using already, your skin needs time to breathe.

Know that you're not the only one! Acne is common, and it's human. We all have different skin tones, textures, and needs. When I used to illustrate and animate, I would often give characters pimples and blemishes, because I felt that it gave them character, or even made them look cute.

Speaking of, it may help to try to accept that they're there, and work with it as a part of you until they get better. Develop a style that is unique or one that you think is cool. Wear a bold lip color, or a killer manicure. Get some eye-catching shoes. Take Care of your body anyway by eating right and being active. You were meant to shine, not hide behind some foundation. And don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Best to you!