Would you wear a wig?

Seems to be a reoccurring common thing with some celebs. The “trend” if we need to label it into something.

Perhaps to try something different? I don’t know. Shed some light on this subject ey?
Would you wear a wig?

Would you wear a wig?

0|3

Most Helpful Guys

• l dont need one when l was at school aged about 7 the teacher in the class bent over to do something and her hair fell of here head we never knew what a wig was as we were to young she ran away out of the class room with her hair in her hands crying we never saw here again that day we got am other teacher that was so funny

1|0
    0|0
  • With celebs it makes sense because they already have this over the top life style

They need bold attributes to appear more striking and command attention. Otherwise you get washed out with

For everyday people I dunno. It’s fine sureness. But why not just make your hair that way. It’s not like we need a new hair do look every day like celebs just to stand out

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Yes, and I did. A few years ago, I had a lot of damage to my hair and the only real solution was to essentially start over from scratch, so I cut it really short right before I was going to be a bridesmaid in a wedding (bad idea), and I hated it so much. At the time, I was also an after school teacher, and my little ones started making comments about how I looked like a boy after I cut my hair with absolutely no filter.

It was awful and it killed my self-esteem. So I bought a wig specifically for the wedding and got a lot of compliments which made me feel tons better and afterwards, I basically wore a few wigs for about a year until my hair grew out of the super awkward boy length. Mine had nothing to do with the whole celebrity thing, but if someone wants to wear one, do it...I would just say have it look as real as possible.

1|0
    0|0
  • I own about 10-14 wigs, blonde, red, black, blue-black, ginger, curly straight, short, long. Sometimes I wear them every day sometimes I go out with my normal hair out. I often get bored with my hair so instead of bleaching it and destroying my natural hair I put on a wig instead to get my desired look. And also I can’t exactly dye my hair a lot because I’m predisposed to vitiligo (both mum and brother got it from dying hair too much) so I have to be careful with dyes in my hair in general and had allergic reactions to some dye patch tests. But even without those issues i’d probably wear them anyways, it’s nice looking like you came out of the salon every day without the same expense of it.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 36

• Only as part of a costume. I would shave my head bald before wearing one in daily life.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah no! I think wigs are gross! I don’t like seeing people wear them unless they are in cosplay.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope. No need to wear a wig. Even if were to go bald, it would be hard to replicate what I have. It isn't like a horse's hair.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sure! I'd love some groovy long hair! And I'm down if girls do it too

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe or maybe not it would depend on the wig and the day.

1|0
    0|0
  • I did before, for an acting competition my Drama Club was taking part in. For the first time i understood the troubles of long hair.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nah. Not unless I'm going bald. And not unless my bald head looks horrific.

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe one day there's a need. Or cosplay, Halloween or something.

But if you feel like a change then why not?

1|0
    0|0
  • Probably not. I'm already a hairy beast. Maybe as part of a Halloween costume?

1|0
    0|0
  • Nah... grow it longer or shave it off, from a guy's perspective

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 39

• I’ve thought about shaving my hair and just wearing wigs as I hate my hair with the passion but doubt I’d end up actually doing it lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes for certain looks like a pink set one for lolita

1|0
    0|0
  • Probably not. The ones that you featured on the question are beautiful though. My hair is very thick and very long so, I would imagine that it would get extremely hot and uncomfortable under the hair piece with all of my hair in a net or nylon underneath.

1|0
    0|0
  • I actually tried a wig for the first time this past winter; I got a lot of compliments, but it just wasn't for me (I hated having to braid my hair, and learned that in my experience, a cheap/synthetic wig will either look bad or not last long; it got stiff and clownish by early Spring and I had to toss it). I'm thinking of trying clip in or ponytail extensions this year, though.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would wear a wig & have worn one before. Really good protective hairstyle. & you can switch it up & try fun colors instead of dying your actual hair... if damage is something one might worry about

But yes a lot of pros & of course there's some cons

1|0
    0|0
  • Only if I had a medical reason (if I was going through chemo, developed alopecia) and I'd wear it especially during the cold season as my head would freeze during the winters.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I would, I dye my hair a lot so I’d wear wigs to try different colours. I had a Halloween wig and it was really nice so I wore it for weeks haha no one even noticed

1|1
    0|0
  • Wigs can be fun and an easier day to try out a new look and style without the commitment or damage to your hair. But the good ones cost $$$ :-/ lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I love my hair. But I also like weave and wigs. They save me the trouble of making drastic changes to my hair when I’m in the mood to add some new flavor.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think I would, jut because I find it unnecessary. The wigs that look good tend to be rather expensive, and I'm not about pending money for fake hair I don't need.

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes