Do you think glasses can really make someone look worse/better?

It's weird because when I had my previous glasses I got told I looked a lot better without them, but with my current ones I get told I look better with them on 🤔

0|8

Most Helpful Guys

• Well I have a baby face myself, wearing my gf's glasses makes me look like a 8yo kid studying maths, my girlfriend thinks it's cute tho but hell nah, They make girls look smart in a cute way though.

3|0
    0|0
    • Lol! I do the same with my SO XD he looks cute af when he wears my glasses XD

• Yeah depending on what frames you get, some look better on you than others. I have a thing for glasses myself.

1|0
    0|0
    • Really? Why 😂 what's the appeal about them?

• Show All
    • *blushes* that's sweet 🙈 thank you very much

• No worries.

Most Helpful Girls

• I don’t think it should matter. If someone needs glasses to see then people should keep their mouths shut about how it makes the person look. They didn’t chose to have poor sight.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 133

• I been told since I been wearing glasses since the age of eleven, I look better with the glasses I have?
    What do you think?
    These are my basic selfies.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it depends on how the frame fits a person's face. When I was younger, my face was rounder, so rectangular frames fit me well. However, after puberty finished its work, my face is more angular, so I should wear rounder glasses. Just gotta find some money to purchase the frames I want😅

1|0
    0|0
  • I guess once you know them, doesn't matter at all. You find it nice whether they wear or not. I can tell few of girls I know and I liked a lot had glasses. Somehow the glasses were making them a lot more cute and I was use to it.

One of them was my ex. She had told she hated wearing glasses while she is with me so she would look better, in fact I liked her more when she had her glasses.

1|1
    0|0
  • I don't think they necessarily make someone look better or worse it just changes their style. If you were told you were good looking with one pair it's not like you stopped being good looking with another. It's just not what people are used to seeing.

2|0
    0|0
  • It's a mixed bag, I think you have it though, it depends on the glasses. I think I might look better with glasses off but also It might depend on find the right glasses for my face too!! Thanks for posting this by the way. People on gag with glasses thank you

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, within reason. Different frame shapes can help divert attention from a problem spot, help "reshape" your face visually, complement a naturally nice face, or just blend into a face. If glasses detract from a face, it's probably because that frame isn't well-suited to a particular face.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, they can add a bit of class or mystique, but at the same time can distract or hide the beauty underneath. It mostly relies on how the person wears them, or coordinates them with their personality and wardrobe. i. e. the elegant office professional or the shy geeky type.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wear glasses 2 and everybody say that i am fine wothout them but with them that more loke like me and when i take off glasses they are like "put them back u looking like kid without them"

1|0
    0|0
    • That sounds annoyingggg

• I dont know when somebody talk with me and when he ask me how old i am i am like "dude i am 16" and he is like " 16 no way u looking like u are 18 " and i ask why they are like " u know your shape of face woice that glasses " then i am like " fuck u dude"

• So its litle annoing

• It depends on the design. But fact glasses make you look better why? Well scientists found out people are attracted to faces that are very symmetrical glasses makes your face even more symmetrical hence more attractive. The only exception being the design if it’s too bulky and not slim showing off the face it won’t look symmetrical.

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends which glasses, and which person. For instance, my brother looks good in glasses and without. I would look weird in them (luckily I don't need them, eyesight is 100%).

1|0
    0|0
    • Lucky you 😭

• Show All
    • Honestly though, it doesn't matter as long as you are a kind and intelligent person. There's a good but in Roald Dahl's the twits.

Basically the principle is that beautiful women become ugly when their thoughts are ugly (true, I have seen it happen) and people who sone would call plain have their inner beauty shine out. (Also seen that; it's much better than the alternative)

• Yeah I agree...

• I don't know. I've never thought of glasses as a fashion accessory, I only wear them because I have to. Now if I had to answer, I think it depends on the individual as to whether glasses make them look better or worse, their face shape and the like. And it would also depend on the style of glasses as well. As for me, I've been wearing mine for so long, I think I look kind of weird without them, but I'm supposed to wear contacts when I drive, so I don't wear my glasses all the time anymore.

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the style. They can make someone look silly, professional, intelligent and/or sexy, etc. Mostly good things, but some styles are better than others. Especially when it goes with the individual’s personality and/or typical clothing style.

1|0
    0|0
  • It might be a kink of mine, but I really go weak for a girl who has glasses on. It makes them look fancy and sophisticated. Then again, I wear glasses, too lol

2|0
    0|0
  • I think what matters is how you pull it off. If at all you're putting something on, you better how to put it on so as to flaunt yourself. For instance, a certain frame of glasses won't compliment your face but another might make you look breathtaking. 🤗

1|0
    0|0
  • every one who looks at you is gonna have different opinion on how you look with your grasses, what matters the most is you like the grasses style and shape, how those glasses look on your face.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yep they are starting to become a bigger part of fashion for both men and women. I'm pretty sure mine ain't that stylish but I dont wear them unless I'm at work or driving so not a huge deal for me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes it makes difference she I had my first glasses I look bad lol and it didn't fit me but when I got a good one that fits me it changed the whole game I'm known in my uni by the cool glasses I wear lol

Pro tip invest in a good lens because it makes hella difference my lens is high end German and it was better than the Italian one I had

1|0
    0|0
  • It's not really important one way or the other. You have WAY bigger fish to fry.

1|0
    0|0
  • Personally, I think glasses detract from a person's looks (especially if they're attractive). In my opinion, people look better without glasses.

Sunglasses on the other hand, do not detract from a person's attractiveness.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, some people really suit them and some people really don't. It also depends on the type of frames and lenses.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 41

• I think they can do either of the two.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't really think about it, actually. As for myself, I don't really care if my glasses make me look better or worse, I just know that I need them to see and without them everything would be blurry lol. So, that's all I need to know.

1|0
    0|0
  • If the glasses shape matches your face shape, it can look better. I have a rounder face and with rectangular glasses, I would say that I looked worse. Right now I have circular Korean glasses and it matches my face, it makes me feel more confident, and I feel like I look better.

1|0
    0|0
  • For some its neutral for some its better and for some its worse. It depends on the person. I find on most of the woman I talk to - glasses does not add or decrease from their level of attractiveness. One men - some look better and some look worse. One of my friends always wears glasses and one day I saw him without his glasses on and he went from being a 6 out of 10 to being a 9.5 out of 10 - gorgeous face and tall and fit but hunched back so not exactly 10.

1|0
    0|0
  • I guess? Just like with any other accessory, some things work and others don't. It really depends on the shape of your face and what the glasses look like. I don't like the way I look in most hats, for instance. I also think I look pretty goofy in most glasses. But I'm sure there are some hats and some glasses I'd look good in.

1|0
    0|0
  • it depends what frame you have and how it fits your face. for me, i dont think so. I don't know tho cause i haven't worn glasses in a long timee. i wear contacts now but i would hate wearing them because i had braces too.
    ICKY

1|0
    0|0
  • Everyone tells me I look better in glasses or without or even both. I don't think it would make anyone look worse or better. It's just what you prefer if you like them or not. I have a love/hate with my glasses.

2|0
    0|0
  • All depends on the look you're going for.

I've been told I have a smart and intriguing look when I put them on.

1|0
    0|0
  • The wrong frame that doesn't compliment someone's face can definitely make them look worse and vice versa

1|0
    0|0
  • Sure, therefor you with a friend to the optician before choosing the model.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah did that, it took me nearly an hour to choose my current glasses lol was worth it I guess

• Always good to have an opinion from a person that can see how you are looking with the different models.

• Yes totally! First of all, glasses make the face more symmetrical and symmetry is universally attractive. And then comes the actual look of the glasses themselves. If you find one that suits your face, it can look stunning!

Even I had good looking glasses and ugly glasses when I wore them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. It suits Some people who wear glasses and some people look better without them.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the persons facial features and face shape.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the person. I personally think that my glasses make me look better, but other think I should wear them less often. Others may feel this way too

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it depends if the glasses go well with your face

1|0
    0|0
  • Definitely. I guess your old glasses just didn't suit you very well.

1|0
    0|0
  • I look different with my glasses. I think I feel and look better with them on ☺

1|0
    0|1
  • Some people with glasses look so hot and pretty but I can't say I've seen someone look bad with them to be honest.

1|0
    0|0
  • I mostly wear contacts but when people see me wearing glasses they complement me on how they look.

1|0
    0|0
  • DEFINITELY. It's not necessarily a good or bad thing that they seem to so but, they definitely make a difference.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes