Wearing clothes more than once?

I have never understood how people can wear a shirt just once before throwing it in the hamper.

If you shower every other day and use deodorant and live in a climate which isn't a constant 30degrees Celcius why do people have the need to wear a shirt once.

I wear a shirt i. e. on Monday, leave it to air for a day and wear something else Tuesday and wear the shirt again Wednesday. I don't see a problem in that?
It's not like i'm unhygenic, I shower regularly and don't sweat at all. The fabric is damaged so much when washed after every use. I'd have to buy new clothes like, every other week because they'd wear out so quickly.

PS this doesn't apply to underwear and socks

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly, this does sound unhygienic. showering once a day I consider to be a minimum... everyone sweats all day/night long - you might not notice it but it's still happening. I can understand material like jeans being worn more than once (pants/jacket)... shirts are usually cotton, a material that absorbs and retains bacteria and odor by nature. Add that to not showing once a day... ewwww...

FYI: Deodorant doesn't attack what causes B. O., which is skin bacteria. Just because you don't smell doesn't mean you are clean. Also, when you do stink, you often will not recognize, personally, how offensive it really is. to you it could be not bad, but others might want to clear out of the room you're in.

1|0
    1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• There is absolutely no way I could wear the same top, blouse, shirt etc. for two days running, not even I were to let it air like you do.
    I just need to feel different every day.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• Well, I work for a living so I do need to wash my clothes after each use. But they don't wear out that fast and they are already secondhand. I buy clothing at a place called Savers, where people donate things and that are then sold cheaply. I also buy a lot of books from this place. But I don't have to wash my underwear everyday. I never wear any. I don't even own underwear!

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean, if you wash it then sure why not. I never understood that either.

But i barely have a lot of clothes simply because i don`t go out, and when i`m at home, i`m always just in my towel lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Because I'm a guy who happens to emit sweat. I don't have a problem with it smelling thankfully, but when I sweat in a shirt it's just not the same as a fresh one if I were to wear it the next day. The feel of the material changes and it just doesn't feel right. For girls or for people who don't sweat much in general I don't see this being a problem. I think it's because of all the water that I drink. My sister likes to compare my drinking habit to a cow.

0|0
    0|0
  • if i wore it to gym, got it dirty from doing DIY projects, cooking, and/or whatever else i do outside of home. then yeah, it'll definitely be just once and be thrown in the hamper.

1|0
    0|0
  • I dont wear it once, it depends how dirty it is

plus yeah i do that same trick (also I can't wear same cloths consecutively)

yeah it doesn't apply to socks xD

1|0
    0|0
  • Good thinking. I am on your side. Interestingly, most of our social surrounding will not even notice.

1|0
    0|0
  • As I got older I washed clothes more and more - I completely change every day including shoes - Wash everything and air shoes possibly just habit but it feels clean to me

0|0
    0|0
  • I have one set of outer clothes, and two underwear per week. The worlds resources are not infinite, and it's a crime to waste them. As long as you keep clean, that's all you need.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• ummm you don't shower every day? That's a bit unhygenic... but seriously I don't wear clothes twice unless I have a layer underneath

0|0
    2|0
    • You don't need to shower every day?

• oh yes you do, you end up feeling unfresh and not smelling the best.. you don't have to wash your hair every day though, you can do that every 2 days

• I could see it if the weather is cool where you are. It's 88 degrees and humid here for half the year, so things need to be washed often.

1|0
    0|0
  • Personally, I can only wear pants, leggings, etc once or twice before they need a wash. Shirts too... I tend to sweat a lot, so it's necessary.

0|0
    0|0
  • i just love wearing diff cloths everyday

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes