Wearing clothes more than once?

I have never understood how people can wear a shirt just once before throwing it in the hamper.

If you shower every other day and use deodorant and live in a climate which isn't a constant 30degrees Celcius why do people have the need to wear a shirt once.

I wear a shirt i. e. on Monday, leave it to air for a day and wear something else Tuesday and wear the shirt again Wednesday. I don't see a problem in that?
It's not like i'm unhygenic, I shower regularly and don't sweat at all. The fabric is damaged so much when washed after every use. I'd have to buy new clothes like, every other week because they'd wear out so quickly.

PS this doesn't apply to underwear and socks

59

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly, this does sound unhygienic. showering once a day I consider to be a minimum... everyone sweats all day/night long - you might not notice it but it's still happening. I can understand material like jeans being worn more than once (pants/jacket)... shirts are usually cotton, a material that absorbs and retains bacteria and odor by nature. Add that to not showing once a day... ewwww...

FYI: Deodorant doesn't attack what causes B. O., which is skin bacteria. Just because you don't smell doesn't mean you are clean. Also, when you do stink, you often will not recognize, personally, how offensive it really is. to you it could be not bad, but others might want to clear out of the room you're in.

Most Helpful Girl

• There is absolutely no way I could wear the same top, blouse, shirt etc. for two days running, not even I were to let it air like you do.
    I just need to feel different every day.