Girls: have you noticed wanting to do something different with your hair when your life is changing?

I’ve caught myself thinking a lot about different hairstyles and colors lately - things I could do to my hair - ever since I graduated basically. Before this I’ve had the same cut and color for nearly 6 years, and I realized it might have something to do with me facing lots of changes in general in my life currently. I’ve also heard that this might be common in women who are going through a breakup or some other type of life-changing event.

Have you noticed this phenomenon in yourself? How, why, when?

12

Most Helpful Girls

• Maybe subconsciously...

I cut all of my hair off shortly after moving 10+ hours away to NYC. I moved to, in a way, restart my life, and back home, I was always known for my long, bone-straight hair.

Now my hair is longer and in it’s natural texture, and I like to wear it up and out of my face, but loose enough to look relaxed and show off the curls. It just looks very flattering on me, but I’m also more confident now than I was two years ago, when I straightened it and mostly “hid” by wearing it down.

• Yup I want to change my physical appearance (dyeing hair, new clothes etc) when something in my life happens, but often (and this is just me) after I act on the urge to totally redo something involved with my physical appearance, I regret it even a week later.