Do guys really prefer heels over flats?

Heels are painful and harmful for a woman's feet and back... i don't understand how it's even a feminine thing to make a woman taller when women are naturally shorter than men, so it would make more sense to me that being short is more feminine.

I personally only wear heels on special occasions. I don't think I look better in them as they make my legs look straight and my butt flater.

1|4

Most Helpful Guys

• I hate heels. They make you walk weird and I don't understand them at all.

Like, I can understand really low heels in a pair of boots or something just to make you seem a touch taller MAYBE, but high heels look ridiculous and I see no real need for heels at all, really.

My girlfriend wears sneakers or sandals or Keens pretty much all the time. She also wears no makeup, no jewelry except perhaps a necklace on special occasions, and most of her clothes have functional pockets.

I love my girlfriend.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. It seems like just something women want to do and I don't get it. I prefer girls to be shorter than me. Girls prefer to be shorter than guys. So why have a thing that makes you taller unless it's to sort of arbitrarily exclude potential partners? Especially when it becomes so prevalent that girls take to saying "he should be taller than me with heels." Like... just stop wearing the heels and problem solved.

Then there's all the stuff about them being painful and uncomfortable. It leaves me dumbfounded when they can choose to wear these ridiculous things and then proceed to complain about it.

You put it altogether and heels just start to look like they're a step behind clown shoes to me.

Flats preferred for me.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• The purpose of heels is not to make them taller. It is to make her legs look more slender and to lift up her butt.

I also don’t wear heels; I prefer flats, tennis shoes, crocs etc. I only wear kitten heels to special occasions, not even “normal” heels

0|1
    0|0
    • I feel like they make my legs look straight and my butt flat.

• Show All
    • I didn't say i have lordosis, but that my spine already looks curved like when I'd be wearing heels

• My experience shows men prefer it when they are looking for something sexy. Personally, I wear them all the time with my skirt suits and they are perfectly comfortable for me and I feel out of place in flats. I especially like it when I can wear five inch heels for going out or special occasions.

0|0
    0|0
    • That's because they damage your calve muscles. I wore heels for a winter once and when spring came I couldn't walk properly in flats for a while

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 127

• Who said that woman wear heels for men? Every woman I know who wears them does so by HER choice - sometimes in spite of the man's opinion that she should wear more sensible shoes.

How many men have asked you to wear heels? How many have asked your friends?

2|0
    0|0
  • I do prefer heels for s couple reasons. First, it makes the posture sexier. Second, when I dance with a woman I am not like 1 foot above her head. Other then that a woman that feels good in what she wears always looks better than an uncomfortable one.

1|0
    0|0
    • I never understood how it changes posture. It doesn't have a magical effect for all women. For me, it doesn't change my posture. My back looks the same when I wear them vs when I don't.

• Show All
    • Don't make assumptions that are also insultinh, because there's a hifg chance you're wrong. i exercise many days a week for your knowledge. My lower back is as curved as it can be, so heels won't make it any curvier...

• I did not make assumptions I said maybe. Maybe you just do not see the difference. That was not meant to offend you also this is open opinions.

• Heels for hot nights out, and flats for flirtatious encounters. It really doesn't matter to me with most of those things. If I am taken by a woman I just see her naked anyways. But really, heels are mostly for the women. Most women say they feel more comfortable in heels at work mostly to be tall in the office, even though they are killing their feet and destroying their natural shape and they have to soak them. If you like flats, go flats. Better yet, wear running shoes.

1|1
    0|0
  • Personally, I could take 'em, or leave 'em.

I mean, sure; they do look nice, andgenerally make a girl's legs and/or butt look even sexier, but I would never want someone to wear them 'just' for me.

If she wants to wear them, 'cause she likes the way they look; that's great, but if she hates them, and refuses to wear them, that's cool, too.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like women in heels because it's feminine.
    But I don't demand women to wear them. And women can look sexy and feminine with other types of shoes. Just wear them on special occasions for a short time and that's it. Don't hurt your feet.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't expect anyone to wear them every day, but I like the look of short heels. They still assist in shaping the legs, but not the punishing degree of those crazy high stilettos.
    www.popfashiontrends.com/.../...ara-i-nasqgmo-.jpg

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, in fact the most feminine and cute stuff i can think of for a girl it ballet flat.

2|1
    0|0
  • Yes, for the most part, we prefer heels. They look feminine because of the shape they give the woman, not because of her height.

1|0
    1|0
    • What shape do they give?

• They make the butt perk up and stick out more. They also pull her spine and shoulders back so her breasts are more pronounced too.

• They don't do anything for me. Mine already looks like that though. So, I don't think it works for everyone.

• I like them both. However flats you can get them with memory foam and they are nice. Heels on the other hand give me some odd sense of power. I don't wear heels that much but I have fun when I do. I think a woman and a man should be able to wear what they want. If my girlfriend wanted to wear flats over heels so be it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally don't see any appeal in heels anyway.. I'd even say that I dislike them.
    Flats all the way.. For looks and because I want my girl to feel comfy and not hurt.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not necessarily an all time thing sometimes it's nice to know the missus has put effort into her appearance just for you and should be rewarded appropriately, personally flats and heels are just a case of whatever makes her feel good or dare I say sexy, and as a man I would be inclined to reward said lass for making the effort provided she wanted me to reward her for making said effort

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely, I do, most of the time. And if you're standing correctly (both with and without), it's unlikely that they'd make your butt look flatter. However, they almost always improve the shape of your legs.
    If this isn't the case with you, and if they are so painful, then simply don't wear them.

0|0
    0|0
    • My spine is naturally curved, so heels won't make it more curved thsn that, and my ass is quite voluminous for my size. Since the pressure point changes my glutes contract more which makes my ass look smaller... they also make my legs more straight.

• More power to ya, then, lady. 🤠
      You stay comfortable and don't worry about conforming to others' ideas of glamour or beauty.

• They look great but are really quite impractical and frustrating on most dates so no I'm not a big heels fan except maybe for ritsy places or for a special night.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think women care way more than men do. You ever asked a guy when he thinks of your shoes? He don't care. Might say he likes the color or that they look comfortable but that's about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • The sound that heels make when a person walks in them is like nails scratching on a blackboard to me. I abhor it...

2|0
    0|0
  • My preference is whatever she is most comfortable with. I don't care what she wears, but I do always mentally question anyone who wears heels because they look really uncomfortable.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Heels make it look like you're trotting like a horse. It's not that flats are sexy, it's that heels look dumb.

In my humble opinion anyway.

2|0
    1|0
  • Either way I honestly prefer a girl in flats cause it shows she dosnt care about appearance she's just like "here I am" but heels and a dress and makeup every once in a while is nice to

0|0
    0|0
  • I hate the look of heels/stilettos personally. I love the flats and when girls wear flip flops/gladiator boots. Love the boho look. If only I could get me a boho girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I'd rather my girlfriend wear something practical and comfortable.

2|0
    0|0
  • Me knowing what they do to the feet hate them and find them descustin but if my girlfriend wants to wear them I’ll let her but make sure she know I would prefer if she didn’t

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd just as soon see a girl wear flats, as heels are such a pain, literally and figuratively.

1|0
    0|0
  • yup. And it's not like we don't know it's a pain for a lot of women.

1|0
    0|0
  • I agree with you - Heels for special occasions, comfort for the rest

1|0
    0|0
  • A girl does not have to wear heels for me. Her comfort is more important.

1|0
    0|0
  • A woman who wears high heels is very elegant and thus attractive. It also shows commitment but it's not something I would want you to wear everywhere.

1|0
    0|0
  • Whatever you're comfortable in makes me happy because I know you're focused less on looks than being happy wherever you happen to be 🤷🏾‍♂️

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on what you think...

I think that women that dress heels are sexiest than others, but of course you'd have the habit of dress it, or they will cause a lot of pain...

0|0
    0|0
  • Vans/chucks/Dm's/flats

Definitely not Timberlands or ugg's fan myself. But whatever your comfortable in!

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer heels, but I also realize they shouldn't be an everyday thing due to the health reasons

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 21

• Plenty do, but some don't.
    most guys i know in person like heels.

1|0
    0|0
  • Heels do things to a woman's legs that flats won't do. Sorry to disappoint.

2|0
    0|0
    • I hate such generalisations. I already said it doesn't do that for me. There are plenty of women who don't look better in heels.

• That's subjective, innit?

• Ok but no need to knock on guys that like heels and girls that like to wear heels. I personally love heels, my legs look longer and I feel powerful. I've been a dancer for 16 years so I’m used to foot pain

0|0
    0|0
  • I love my heels and would be so lost without them. I've found most guys seem to really like them and find them a turn on. I do too. I think a woman looks really beautiful in a skirt or dress and heels.

0|0
    0|0
  • My boyfriend laughs about me whenever I wear shoes which aren't comfortable. Therefore he definetely doesn't prefer heels. I am already tall enough without them xD

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think they prefer it, heels are nothing special, and you're right, they are not healthy for feet, joints and spine.

1|1
    0|0
  • I sure hope not I love my flip flops, flats and converse/vans.

0|1
    0|0
  • I love wearing heels way they make my legs look but I only wear heels to weddings and places like that. Most of the time flat at 5’10” I’m already a giant.

1|1
    0|0
  • I usually wear trainers (casual or sporty), or shoes with a specific sole. Heels or too flat shoes hurt my feet. I tend to walk a lot everyday, so I need a shoe which doesn't make walking a punishment.

Some heels are nice to look and wear, but when I walk with them I stop feeling they are nice. I would only wear them if I know I'm not going to walk or be stand up, just going to be sit for hours.

As for men, I know both, men who prefer heels and those who prefer flats. However I know more who prefer flats, but that's because of my environment.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love heels because they make me feel taller. But because of my ankle I can't really wear them.

2|2
    0|0
  • I asked my brother about this once and he said they were "cute" but he gets a bit annoyed since I always ask him for foot massages after i get home from wearing heels

0|0
    0|0
  • I never wear heels, they are uncomfortable and unstable.

0|0
    0|0
  • Im 4"11 and I still dont like high heels. I usually wear really really small one (about 1 inch or so) and slip ons and sport shoes

0|0
    0|0
  • I stick to flats and low heels. I'm already tall enough and don't wish to be any taller.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sorry guys

I do not wear heels

1|1
    0|0
    • Isn't it funny, you don't wear heels and you have a horse in your profile picture. Heels were originally designed as a horse riding shoe to stop the riders feet from falling out of the stirrups and heels were man's shoe back then.

• @Lloyd1985 I wear boots while riding horses

• My boyfriend doesn’t

0|0
    0|0
  • Nooo i like flats better.

0|0
    0|0
  • My boyfriend likes when I wear heels

0|0
    0|1
  • I don't think they would care, just wear what comfortable for you ladies

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont care. Heels , flats whatever I'll wear whatever the hell I want to. Lol what real man will say 'damn girl I prefer you in heels ditch them flats' . A real man wouldn't give a fuck what you choose to put on your feet.

0|0
    0|0
    • Unless you put 6 inch heals on when he is smaller or the same size before you put them on😂

• @nathanp97 if he doesn't give a fuck I dont give a fuck. It's that simple.

• Flat's hurt my feet and around my ankle it gets sore.
    Heels let my feet breathe I Like wedges.
    media03.toms.com/.../...mensStella_S-1450x1015.jpg

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes