Do guys really prefer heels over flats?

Heels are painful and harmful for a woman's feet and back... i don't understand how it's even a feminine thing to make a woman taller when women are naturally shorter than men, so it would make more sense to me that being short is more feminine.

I personally only wear heels on special occasions. I don't think I look better in them as they make my legs look straight and my butt flater.

23129

Most Helpful Guys

• I hate heels. They make you walk weird and I don't understand them at all.

Like, I can understand really low heels in a pair of boots or something just to make you seem a touch taller MAYBE, but high heels look ridiculous and I see no real need for heels at all, really.

My girlfriend wears sneakers or sandals or Keens pretty much all the time. She also wears no makeup, no jewelry except perhaps a necklace on special occasions, and most of her clothes have functional pockets.

I love my girlfriend.

• No. It seems like just something women want to do and I don't get it. I prefer girls to be shorter than me. Girls prefer to be shorter than guys. So why have a thing that makes you taller unless it's to sort of arbitrarily exclude potential partners? Especially when it becomes so prevalent that girls take to saying "he should be taller than me with heels." Like... just stop wearing the heels and problem solved.

Then there's all the stuff about them being painful and uncomfortable. It leaves me dumbfounded when they can choose to wear these ridiculous things and then proceed to complain about it.

You put it altogether and heels just start to look like they're a step behind clown shoes to me.

Flats preferred for me.

Most Helpful Girls

• The purpose of heels is not to make them taller. It is to make her legs look more slender and to lift up her butt.

I also don’t wear heels; I prefer flats, tennis shoes, crocs etc. I only wear kitten heels to special occasions, not even “normal” heels

• I feel like they make my legs look straight and my butt flat.

• I didn't say i have lordosis, but that my spine already looks curved like when I'd be wearing heels

• My experience shows men prefer it when they are looking for something sexy. Personally, I wear them all the time with my skirt suits and they are perfectly comfortable for me and I feel out of place in flats. I especially like it when I can wear five inch heels for going out or special occasions.

• That's because they damage your calve muscles. I wore heels for a winter once and when spring came I couldn't walk properly in flats for a while