When did you have your first gray hair? and would you dye your hair to cover it?

We all hate when it starts to happen, your first gray hair, it look so weird and just like a hay in stack of needles !!
What !! Gray !! No !!
What !! Gray !! No !!

I got my first one at the age of 24 , It is not so visible , but now I have to or three of the side (they are just funny looking ) .
As for using hair dye, I don't think I would, I think gray hair would look great on me
Looks good !!
Looks good !!

What do you think , would you fight aging or just accept it?

#GreatInquirerFTW
  • Yes , I would dye my hair !
    Vote A
  • No , I will leave it !
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Thanks for all your answers everyone
I am sorry , I had a really busy day , hopefully , I will reply to all of your answers tomorrow :)
By now , it is interesting how many people would leave their hair as it is , I think that is great , but sometimes , you can try different things , sure one day I would dye my hair (mostly other color ) , It is not like I don't like it, but why not try new things.
Thanks again <3

0|1

Most Helpful Girls

• I started growing white hair when I was 15 years old, not from genetics but from stress, slowly as I calmed down - my white hair turned black again. Everybody in my family says I have less white hair at 33 then I did at 15. When I was in high school my friends used to make fun of me for having so much white hair and stress in my life. However I don't look that young cause I am starting to get wrinkles and furrow marks around my eyebrow area which is unfortunate because I used to have a gorgeous face.

0|1
    0|0
    • You will still have that gorgeous face ;)
      don't worry about it :)

• I was literally at my hair stylists last appointment with me after twenty years of her doing my hair. She was moving which was super traumatic because she became like family. Right as she finished I was checking out my hair in the mirror and I thought there was some lint or something in my hair...I got up close to the mirror and it was my first gray at 29. I have a couple more, but I have yet to dye them. I somehow thought this was only happening to me "at such a young age," lol, but when I brought this subject up with my friends, they were all like, oh I have 10 or a bunch of them or yeah, I got my first at 20, and then it was like, oh, okay, it's not the big earth shattering big deal I thought it was.

0|1
    0|0
    • Aw, I hope you see your hair sylitst again
      And good for you, at late age it is good and easier to deal with

Most Helpful Guys

• Have grey hair. Don't care. We will all age. Gravity will ultimately take its toll on everyone. I'd rather spend all that energy (and money) on worrying about superficial things like that on things that I enjoy - like walking and playing with my dog, spending time with family, being an expert at my job, achieving something meaningful this lifetime. Do I cleanse, tone, and moisturize? Yes. Because it makes me feel clean and tidy, and I want to present a neat and tidy appearance to my clients and friends. But grey hair? Wrinkles? Couldn't care less.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm not sure exactly. I've been shaving my head for over 20 years. I'd been shaving it for over a decade before I realized I wasn't growing it like when I was younger. I noticed my first gray hair on my chest, actually. That may not be where the first came in but that's where I noticed it first. Again, I've been shaving my head for a long time, so I haven't a clue what's going on up there beyond I still hafta shave. My facial hair has always been mostly red with some blonde sprinkled in. Now there's more blonde than before, but I'm fairly certain if I let it grow out, my beard would be more gray than blonde, and pretty close to 50/50 gray/red... for now. I shave that every week too, so I don't much care. I actually laughed about it because I knew the jokes were coming. I'd been fucking with other guys about gray hair for too long with no consequences. Everyone gets their comeuppance, no exceptions.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 50

• I don't have any

0|1
    1|0
  • I'm too young to have grey hairπŸ˜….
    But I'm already afraid of aging, it must be terrible to watch your body becoming uglier than you used to see it.
    If I get grey hair, I won't dye it. Hair color isn't that important for guys, it's more about volume

0|2
    0|0
    • Lol don't be afraid, and it is okay you need to accept it, and your body can get better as you age lol (I have a better body than I used to)

• But I mean after 30. You can't stop getting wrinkles after that age

• I guess so, but it doesn't matter much lol

• I was in my 30s I think when I started noticing them. I still don't have much gray. I do dye my hair though because I love it bright red.

I want to be one of those ancient grannies with a walker and still a ton of red hair.

0|3
    0|0
  • You know the amazing old people dye their hair black and young people die their hair grey how Ironic is that.

0|1
    0|0
  • I got my first gray hair last year. I probably wouldn’t start dyeing my hair unless I started getting a lot of them. I was really proud of it for some reason but I hope I don’t start getting more πŸ˜‚

1|2
    0|0
  • I haven't had one yet but I doubt I would dye my hair because of that. I haven't wanted to dye my hair so far because I don't want to get sucked into the cycle of dying. I don't think grey hairs would change that.

0|1
    0|0
    • Great , I don't think you will need it , your hair color will be good and it won't appear (gray hair)

• If your a girl you dont leave anything to chance you look st that pound you feel you put on , that extra wrinkle in your neck
    No that was a shadow.. lol

0|1
    0|0
  • I had my first gray at 16 or 18 and my hair is Super dark like almost black black.. ( like so dark that hair salons can't dye it and make it look natural it's so dark) So it's like so noticeable when I have the gray hairs.. but for now they're so fair and few between that I can just laugh them off... maybe I'm a few years when there a whole like clump of them in one spot or like patch of them I'll get my hair colored a crazy color , but for now I'm just doing the natural thing

0|1
    0|0
  • I think I got mine at 15, abnormally though. Was either a platinum blonde hair (i'm brunette but not crazy since that's my mum's natural colour) or due to stress.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have like 2 or 3 but I leave them alone. I can't be bothered to dye them. Plus, people say it means you're wise. πŸ˜„

0|1
    0|0
  • I have a few gray hairs. I do color my hair, but I do that mostly cause I don't like my natural hair color.

You would look distinguished with gray hair.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've never understood why people packing when they get gray hair. It's as natural as getting taller, it's just the beauty of biology. Let it be. Nothing to be ashamed of, everyone knows it happens, and no one cares.

0|1
    0|0
  • i haven't found any and I would not dye the its a badge of honor it say i have grown and lived to see old age not many make it to that stage and anyways I'm not that vain I like letting nature take its course.

0|1
    0|0
  • Don't have any yet that I know of but once I get a good amount I will probably dye them.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes personally I would, but damn men look so sexy with it. Silver foxes i say :p

0|1
    0|0
  • When I was 16, I had one on my forehead it was very long up to my lips

0|1
    0|0
    • Nice, what did you do about it?

• Show All
    • my long distant cousin, he is also my aunty's brother-in-law

• So now he knows 😊😊
      I am happy for you
      ☺️☺️

• I don't have gray hair but depending in the age I get it first I'd wither dye it or leave it. If I get gray hair before 45 I'd dye it. If later then I'd leave it as is.

0|1
    0|0
  • I hope I get my first grey hair later than the age of 40, because I really want to avoid dying it. If it happens before that, I think I might die it.

1|1
    0|0
  • I have none but once my hair turns grey or even better white, I'll leave it that way. I find it appealing and it reminds me of wisdom.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would just pull it out. My sister had one grey hair in her teens and we just pulled it out. Never saw another one yet.

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 58

• I just turned 43 and got my first grey hair around 41 and only in my side burns. Every 4 to 6 weeks I get my hair coloured partly because I like the colour and partly because I have no intention of surrendering to age.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't remember when it was exactly. Around 45, or so? I saw it in the bathroom, felt excited and laughed at my picture in the mirror. Meanwhile there is more grey (whitish, actually). I quite like it. A new body- or life experience. My beard already grew white when I was 38 or so: a food poisoning had tried to kill me.

0|1
    0|0
  • When I got thick chest hair at 17 I had 6 white hairs grow in a decade old scar. Does that count? lol

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm getting the streaks on the side, but the undercut I sport hides it still :-(

I'm proud of being old... I lived life, I look at the younger people, and I lived longer than you.

0|1
    0|0
  • I got my first grey hairs in my 30's. My hair is now salt and pepper but predominantly grey. I am fine with it.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have yet to have a gray hair, I know they're coming. Since my hair is light blonde I'm not sure if I want to do anything to them as of yet if it does go grey.

0|1
    0|0
  • I feel like it might be starting in the beard :( and I'm going to wait but I might do something like a touch up if they have that

0|1
    0|0
  • My girlfriend noticed them when I was 23. Even now, my gray hairs generally aren't visible when my hair is short, so I usually keep it that way.

0|1
    0|0
  • Haven't had a gray hair. When does that usually happen? lol

0|1
    0|0
  • When I was 23 I went to go buy "a touch of grey" so I could have salt and pepper hair. I was crushed to learn you had to have grey hair to use it. 😭 That said I have like 20 now

0|1
    0|0
  • Not sure i get some miixed colors in my facial hair and i can't tell if it's gray or blonde. A few on my sideburns as well.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've had stray grey hairs since I was a very little boy. My mom would yank them out of my head, and I complained every time. My hair is very dark, s an occasional grey hair is readily visible.

0|1
    0|0
  • I was in my 40's and for some reason, it attracted really young girls. So did my white Jaguar and the fact that I'd buy them wine coolers.

0|1
    0|0
  • I had my first gray hairs in the my early 30's. Now my hair almost looks white if I let it grow out.. which I never do. I would rather have no hair than look like that.

0|1
    0|0
  • it seems i inherited the trait from my biodad, that my beared gets silvered alone. but there i have cca 15 pieces already

0|1
    0|0
  • I've had gray hair since I was 15. Now my hair is thinning at 21. I don't dye it or do anything to it. If it gets too bad I'll simply buzz cut it and wear a beanie.

0|1
    0|0
  • still don't have gray hair yet, or maybe i just haven't noticed one yet.

0|1
    0|0
  • i'm totally salt and pepper and it seems to be very attractive. i love it myself.

0|1
    0|0
  • Got my first grey hair at 17, and hell no I don't die it, I earned them!

0|1
    0|0
  • I leave it. But I am bald like my dad was so I shave my head. The only gray I have is facial.

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes