Why do muslim girls wear a hijab?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• First and foremost, wearing hijab is for God. Covering the hair is seen as respect for the Creator. Nuns, monks, priests, and Jews do the same thing. A secondary reason is for modesty. Muslims and Traditional Catholics believe that modesty leads to holiness.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Muslim women have not always felt the need to wear a hijab. Look at photos from Iran, Afghanistan in the 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s or 70s. Hijabs were very rare, and only worn by deeply religious muslims. The radical islamic movement has made the hijab widespread. It is an expression of religious fanatism, as it has never before been seen as necessary for muslim women to wear.

0|0
    0|0
    • part of this is true. the other part isn't. just because a woman wears hijab, it does not mean she is a fanatic, aka what you think you really mean here... terrorist bomber...

• Show All
    • @WitchsLove You should study the subject. All of islam has been pushed in a more radical direction in recent years. What is consider moderate today, would not have been considered moderate a few decades ago.

• ok. thank you for your feedback

• Well, a good way to find the answer to this question is to ask people face to face why they wear a hijab. Perhaps if you already know somebody, it can be asked without any awkwardness, it's a heart to heart conversation. It may depend on the person, you may get different answers, but this is the most reliable way to find out.

0|0
    0|0
    • It's not that easy. A lot of Muslim women will get offended and take the questioning the wrong way. Many of have said so online. "How dare that 'white' person ask me why I wear hijab... blah blah blah".

• @InTimoreDei Well, that's why I recommend that people ask somebody they know, if they do know anybody, so it won't seem like a rude or probing question. Also, hopefully if approached correctly and carefully, the question can be asked in a way not offending or upsetting somebody. Sometimes a question may seem like it's more of an accusation that plain curiosity.

• it depends. i have asked that and they dont get angry. talk to one of them after establishing a friendship 1st.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 23

• Because otherwise the islamic rapeugees are going to beat and rape them.

www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/quran/veils.aspx

0|0
    0|0
  • Here just to read the comments.. Very interesting responses. One guy says its secret though.. And with the bad name islam has i think it would be better for you to be transparent about your beliefs, otherwise the wrong idea gets projected, which is bad.

0|0
    0|0
  • They don’t all wear one and when they choose to it’s because they want to give themselves to God. Everybody on here who insults Islam is ignorant because Muslims also believe in Jesus. I had a thing with a Muslim who didn’t wear a hijab. People are different respect that

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it's their religion to be modest and not show off their bodies, the same as some off-beat Christian denominations wear long skirts, cover their heads and don't wear make-up, like the Amish.

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh, they're just afraid of getting killed, that's all.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some variations of Islam demand it. Some are even more extreme.

0|0
    0|0
  • To clamp their smartphone against their head so they can shop hands-free. (Hopefully, they don't do this when they drive their Honda SUVs.)

0|0
    0|0
  • Why do you want to know it’s not your religion so what’s the issue?

0|0
    0|1
  • Good faith expression. Why do non muslim women wear revealling clothes?

0|0
    0|0
    • No muslim women wear revealling clothes to check real man's control. Because only real man can control his own harmones.

• Rest all are impotent

• And so far everyone see them like piece of meat. Real men ey 😂😂

• because of their religion and because the like to wear

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 9

• Hijabs are a sign of faith to their god because of their modesty (girls are generally expected to be modest no matter where they live across the world), and sometimes are required by either law, family, culture, etc. Some girls do choose to wear a hijab, again, mostly for religious reasons. I may not be a part of the culture but I hope I explained it well enough

0|0
    0|0
  • They have to!
    Sometimes they get beat if they dont!

1|2
    2|1
  • It is attached to their religious beliefs and ideal of modesty.

0|0
    0|0
    • but just to be clear, nowadays, they don't have to wear it if they don't choose not to. Even in muslim coutries. Except, of course, in those countries where society is quite extreme and there they even have to wear burkas, niqabs, even if burkas and niqabs are not part of Islamic religion.

• if they choose not to*

• Because they dont want to be raped. In those horible countries women are seen just at slaves and done. Most of them are brainwashed

0|0
    1|1
  • I'm not too sure, maybe something to do with their religion.

0|0
    0|0
  • Their religion requires it. Some follow it and some don't.

0|1
    0|0
  • My comment is thesame as mr. @TonyMetal86.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because they want to

0|0
    0|0
  • To be modest and to not have men lust over them.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes