What is the standard of beauty for women in your country and what do you prefer?

I am from India and women here are supposed to be tall (atleast 5"5), lightskinned (but not very white... Ik kinda racist) and slim (with big boobs and a nice butt) to be considered good looking. Also curly hair is looked down upon so permanent straightening is a big deal here. Light eyes and hair are considered exotic and amazingly beautiful and women with these traits are worshipped. A flat stomach or perfectly toned body aren't given much importance though (not as much as the West). Also having a pretty big nose (but straight) and big eyes are considered beautiful. Women are also supposed to have lonf flowing hair. Dimples were considered evil in the olden days cause it meant the woman is controlling but its becoming a beauty trend and even praised (this thing I heard from my grandma)
Eg. (I think both these women are beautiful BTW) the top picture is an ideal indian woman and the bottom one is considered from below average to ugly. What kind of look do you prefer on a woman?
What is the standard of beauty for women in your country and what do you prefer?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Girl... you need to meet more Indians πŸ˜‚
    And Vanessa Hudgens is average to ugly? Seriously?πŸ˜‚
    Curly hair is looked down upon and women are supposed to have long flowing hair? From my personal preference - I do like long hair, but not necessarily straight. And from my personal experience - people tend to like girls with shorter hair more (am in college with one girl with short shoulder length hair and the whole class of 60 wants to get her πŸ˜†)

So yeah.. maybe you should meet more people before making those assumptions

5|1
    0|0
  • In my country the beauty standard for women are being slim, tan, have straight hair, dark big eyelashes, full lips, having medium/big boobs and wearing fashionable Western clothing. For men the beauty standard are being tall, fit, tan, having a strong jawline and being fashionable. Both women and men wears skinny denim jeans a lot.

I likes dark features best like black or dark brown hair, brown eyes and a tan or brownish skin. I also thinks being slim or fit looks good at people.

Picture 1 & 2: Scandinavian ideals. Picture 3 & 4: What I finds beautiful.
    What is the standard of beauty for women in your country and what do you prefer?What is the standard of beauty for women in your country and what do you prefer?What is the standard of beauty for women in your country and what do you prefer?What is the standard of beauty for women in your country and what do you prefer?

2|0
    1|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Indian here. Your observation is wrong. Most of the guys I know would go for the second girl. Also your views are completely North Indian. Go check in South India, how many brown chicks are making guys drool. These standards that you mentioned are mostly based on Bollywood, which is shit itself. Kareena ( woman from 1st pic ) is not even that desirable.

0|2
    0|0
    • @rocks128 Thanks. But not all the North Indians are like that, hope u meet the good ones @yourfutureex Joke's on you dumbass, I'm a North Indian living in South since past 5 years. I said her standards are North Indian, how the hell did it translate to being jealous of North Indians? I speak fluent Kannada and I've been thriving in South. You on the other hand are like a frog in the well who wouldn't survive anywhere out of his comfort zone. Because of guys like u, Northies get a bad name in South. Go back to whatever Engineering college hole u came out of with your narrow minded views !

• Show All
    • Ok. Well I am going to delete everything anyways. Too much drama πŸ™

• πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• I'm from Bangladesh so the standards are pretty similar to that in your country, like hello neighbor! Anyway for women it would be:
    - Fair
    - Height ranging from 5'0" to 5'6", taller than that is way too tall.
    - Long and thick hair.
    - Big eyes and moderately thick eyebrows.
    - Slim nose with a nose bridge not too high.
    - soft thin lips.
    - no one here likes extremely fat or extremely thin but people generally don't mind the vast in-between. People definitely love curves.

No one necessarily worships light eyes and hair though. In fact many people don't like light eyes and hair, and prefer that even fair girls have dark hair and dark eyes.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yep you put it in words.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 28

• This white boy LOVE Indian food AND Indian women... well... I love ALL types of women actually. Country of origin, race... whatever... doesn't matter to me.. God makes you perfect ladies!

I think the girl on the bottom picture is more attractive frankly.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tall, healthy body size, nice complexion, nice shaped eyes, blue, green or hazel eyes, full lips, long hair, blonde or light brown (honey colour) these are of course generalisations as there are very beautiful women here with variations of some of these features.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am from Ireland and I find the girls are much harder on themselves than any guys - I think they are influenced by Insta girls and reality TV etc where in reality most of them are very divorced from reality - The standard beauty we see among them is like the top 5%

1|0
    1|0
  • There is no standard in the US. People find different things attractive. It's not like what u see on TV. That's just Hollywood. People like each other for all kinds of different reasons. What's that joke? The best thing about standards is there's so many to choose from.

2|0
    0|0
    • Why do all users give almost the same answers tho?

• Show All
    • Yea I agree. There was a question "Did Barney creep you out as a child". I honestly prefer that to "do guys like tall girls", "how do i look"
      We need more interesting questions

• I agree. I like the how do I look questions in fashion and beauty. Sounds kinda mundane. But it's fun to see people dress up and offer a critique.

• Iam also an Indian and dude there are no hard and fast rules for beauty measurements in our country , it might be in your region as in Bollywood itself there are hell diff. Body types of women ex. Kangana ranaut , bhumi padnekar , radhika apte and many more , yes Kareena Kapoor is beautiful but for not everyone as I like Alia Bhatt or Jacqueline more than her.

1|1
    1|0
  • There's no one single standard of beauty for me in terms of what I find attractive in a woman. The wonderful thing is that there's just too much natural diversity when it comes to how women can be beautiful, whether that has to do with hair color, skin tone, body shape and size, breast size, etc. There are infinite amount of ways for women to be beautiful.

0|0
    0|0
  • Kareena is all make up.
    The below one is soo good.
    Big boobs & nice butt? I never knew they are considered in our country, because most girls i see are fine with those body parts.
    Flat stomach, its not common these days!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ All filled with pani -puri, KFC, etc

0|1
    0|0
  • In America it's young, thin, with wide hips. Ie in that picture the bottom is better purly because of age. If you a man or woman and you don't work out at least once a week your bottom of the dating stack. Also women needs to have traits directly linked with being good mother's and men should have those directly linked to being able to provide and protect.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tall (~5'10"), skinny, blue-eyed, boring af ash brown/blonde.

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as she's not obese or anorexic and I find her beautiful that's what matters to me, maybe it's the way she laughs or if she gets mad and her little nose shows her frustration or doing cute dainty things that's what I consider beautiful.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 24

• I'm Indian too and I find Vanessa more pretty than kareena

2|2
    1|0
  • Russia :
    Tall,
    slim,
    pale,
    blone,
    arched eyebrows,
    long straight hair
    and nice smiles

0|0
    0|0
  • Top image looks stern and bossy. She has the look of "I know I am a bitch and am proud of it!"

The bottom image is much prettier & looks like she enjoys Life. Any man with her will be supported and loved.

I vote #2

1|0
    0|0
    • She is like that actually too. Or so I've heard.

• Show All
    • Well it happened 3- 4 years ago. My friend is an event photographer. He was asked to cover a store launch and Kareena was the main guest. She arrived late ( 3hrs after the given time ) and was still not ready to attend the event. She took another 2 hrs to get ready. The event was supposed to start at 6 pm. by the time she was ready, it was way past 11 pm. This woman didn't even apologize to anyone for making them wait too long. But acted like a queen.

• Thousands were waiting outside the store just to take a look at her. My friend was specifically asked to take her pictures, so he was trying to get closer. Again, she got irritated, because according to her, he wasn't getting her good angle. She kept asking him to take pictures from different angles while he was struggling with the pushy crowd. In the end, she got angry. She cursed & yelled at him that he wasn't good enough to be a photographer. Needless to say, my friend was asked to leave halfway through his work and wasn't even paid the full amount afterwards. My friend got a bad reputation after this event and couldn't get assignments for a while. Still he doesn't talk shit about her to maintain his professional integrity.

• I think white skin that is tanned (natural or artificial) (or as light as possible if not white) and with long straight or wavvy hair, a small nose, and a fit body (not muscular but definitely a flat stomach) and among some subcultures a large booty is really desired.

0|0
    0|0
  • "innocent-looking"

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm the standard yo 8)
    ok kidding lol, so I'm from Pakistan and following traits are commonly considered to be the standard.
    Dark long hair
    Big almond eyes
    light skin (not dark but not too pale, like peachy to rosy)
    fuller chest (now people are getting fitness conscious too so a nice butt is also appreciated)
    slim body type (but not skinny)
    small nose

0|0
    0|0
    • tf you're just describing yourself (except for the chest maybe but that's remediable)

• Kareena Kapoor is a hoe. The second girl looks better. Well. Im Romanian. Here as long as you are not overweight you are considered beautiful. You have to have big boobs , small waist and huge butt to be considerate Attractive.

0|0
    1|0
  • White is right, especially if the ass is tight.
    I could be wrong of course. That’s just how it seems to me in America.

0|0
    0|0
  • We are all beautiful in our own unique ways and features, though I dnt find the first pic beautiful she's charming but her jaw is exaggerated and so as her lips that it makes her looked like an aunt I saw her several times in bollywood films and yeah she's lots of fans but I simply don't find her that beautiful u see we have different preference of beauty and doesn't mean the society staged a preference you have etc follow its norms, I know Vanessa hudgens the pic below, and I appreciate her features more just right features.

0|0
    1|1
  • USA
    Curves
    Thick but tamed eyebrows
    Flat stomach
    Perky breasts and butt
    Healthy hair
    Straight nose medium sized
    Tan skin
    Toned muscles

0|0