How to stop holding myself up to impossible beauty standards?

No matter how many times I listen to Janitor by Suburban Lawns, I can't feel any better, and I can't stop comparing myself... What do I do?
xx
~ Mrs Manson
Updates:
bump
xx
~ Mrs Manson

1|1

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 15

• I think everyone does this to a degree - its like everybody has insecurities just some are better than others at hiding it - I suppose keep going until one day you notice it has been a while since you compared yourself to other people then as time goes by the gap seems to get longer and longer

1|0
    0|0
  • Seriously your last look was awesome Mrs. Manson those blue hairs and fancy goggles..
    Looked yummy,..

1|0
    0|0
  • What so impossible about them? I mean you already a thin 16 years old girl.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm afraid I don't know. I will never stop doing it. I'll quote Tim Minchin:

"... and you start to notice these waves of self-loathing and self-confidence, that just come and come and you think they'll go away when you have success, but they don't and they won't, so the only solution is to think about them less."

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't compare yourself to anybody do what you do. Your personality carries a lot of beauty traits and your face as well

1|0
    0|0
  • I met russian they break my standard from USA.
    I still can't believe. If you go out of your culture
    You will have different view on the fashion.
    Look back it is just like circle jerk.

2|0
    0|0
  • Compare yourself to no one you are the best others should compare themself to you its you that has all the lime light

1|0
    0|0
  • Just keep on being yourself and don't change who you are.

1|0
    0|0
  • Tell yourself that you are beautiful because it only really counts if your beautiful on the inside

1|0
    0|0
  • Stop listening to Janitor by Suburban Lawns

1|0
    0|0
  • Just be yourself.

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't listen and don't compare.

1|0
    0|0
  • Be yourself and care less

1|0
    0|0
  • Ask me for advice anytime you feel that way !:)

1|0
    0|0
  • But you're beautiful tho this profile pic is shitty

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• Beign aware of other beauty standards might help to love more yourself. Or doing life draw studies of different people. When you have to draw people with many different faces and weights you end finding beauty in uncommon places.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sue Tissue...

You have to discover what is beautiful about yourself and learn to accentuate it. Get in the habit of looking in the mirror and telling yourself you are beautiful.

1|0
    0|0
  • rmr even those beauty standards r made up, so u can make up ur own beauty standards and radiate that badass confident vibe and be hella hawt

1|0
    0|0
  • I don’t know because I do the same sorry

1|0
    0|0
  • Try not to look at Instagram posts too much
    And surround yourself with people that have a similar personality to yours

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes