Is someone’s clothing style a good way to understand their personality?

1234

Most Helpful Guys

• Clothes can sometimes tell a lot about a person but it can be very dangerous to judge people based on their clothing.

• It's one of the most apparent indicators as I see besides looks (including body language, overall demeanor, mannerisms, way of speaking, etc). Though I think it's a mistake to read too much into it and assume much absent further information, but obviously they are expressing something about who they are by merely expressing their choice in what they wear.

That said, I think in a strange way. I think looks are a very strong indicator of personality and a fundamental part of what forms their "character". It's all information as I see it. There's information they explicitly communicate to you (which may not always be reliable), there's information they indirectly convey to you (ex: the sound of their voice, the way they look, the way they dress, which is very reliable but may be misleading), etc.

At the end of the day you piece all this information together to try to figure out what sort of person they are.

Most Helpful Girls

• It's a statement- it can tell you about how the person wants to be viewed.

• 50/50. People expect me to be a feminist lesbian or something but the truth is far from it. But I think most people can be understood by how they dress. I prefer to talk to people who don't care about how they dress than those who look too groomed.