Is someone’s clothing style a good way to understand their personality?

1|2

Most Helpful Guys

• Clothes can sometimes tell a lot about a person but it can be very dangerous to judge people based on their clothing.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's one of the most apparent indicators as I see besides looks (including body language, overall demeanor, mannerisms, way of speaking, etc). Though I think it's a mistake to read too much into it and assume much absent further information, but obviously they are expressing something about who they are by merely expressing their choice in what they wear.

That said, I think in a strange way. I think looks are a very strong indicator of personality and a fundamental part of what forms their "character". It's all information as I see it. There's information they explicitly communicate to you (which may not always be reliable), there's information they indirectly convey to you (ex: the sound of their voice, the way they look, the way they dress, which is very reliable but may be misleading), etc.

At the end of the day you piece all this information together to try to figure out what sort of person they are.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• It's a statement- it can tell you about how the person wants to be viewed.

0|0
    0|0
  • 50/50. People expect me to be a feminist lesbian or something but the truth is far from it. But I think most people can be understood by how they dress. I prefer to talk to people who don't care about how they dress than those who look too groomed.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 32

• 🤨🤔😶... some terms no.. maybe their were in a rush.. but hey.. good way to ask about their clothes or start conversation.. then understand why they chose that brand or type of fashion.. then you can observe how they are like.. long short answer..😏😋

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t think so. I haven’t come across any type or style that I can’t rock. Seeing me in one style on one day is like counting one star in the sky and trying to compare it to the ones that you haven’t seen.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its an indicator but it has near 30-50 % of aiming rate.
    Think that many people wear things just because they look nice, and other people are dressed by other people so its a good indicator of how to open, but its a bad indicator of how he is.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a firm believer that everything can be analyzed and peoples personality based in their clothing is no exception. If anything, I believe it directly correlates.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I think so especially if it is distinctive or a statement - Someone who dresses everyday may be harder to read straight off

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it can be an extremely good guide indeed, yes.

Not always, and it's possible to be wrong, but generally, I find it to be fairly accurate.

0|1
    0|0
  • I guess it has an effect on it, I mostly wear casual with shirts over a tshirt or things like that. I don't like wearing very shiny or bright colors either.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think clothings are one of the best ways to determine the general charackter of a person.
    It is true more often than not, in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t think it is, most people dress to impress. It’s not their clothing style since they want to fit it.

0|0
    0|0
  • People say I have no personality so I walk around buck naked

0|1
    0|0
  • No, clothing is different from ones personality, as one can dress confident but be shy af (that's me), so no, don't take clothing as a hint towards someone's personality

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really. I mean, if you make generalizations like saying that all people that dress like hippies are loving and sensitive.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not for everyone but I guess it is for most people. Take me for example. I'm simple person with simple beliefs and simple preferences in things and people. I subconsciously apply that simplicity on myself too. You'll never see me dressed too casually or too formally unless it's a requirement to be a part of some important situation in my life (like job interviews or meetings). I mostly step out in a regular pair of jeans, a simple shirt or T-shirt and my accessories include my watch and my glasses. And shoes of course. 😅

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah
    Actions, which are choosing what to wear in this case, reflect your personality and way of thinking

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe, I guess it sometimes can say a lot about them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I guess, but in some senses it could be a misdirection

0|0
    0|0
  • Eh... You need to see a few different situations, but I would say so.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont think so, prople wear lots of styles, it isn't necessarily related to their personalities.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup, your actions and your decisions describe yourself into the society.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think so. I think all people are wearing the same stuff

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 10

• Yeah a little bit

0|0
    0|0
  • yes...

or they can dress a certain way to deceive people...

I am reminded of growing up in Decatur, GA. My girlfriend Bonnie, now my adopted sister, always dressed like your typical modest school girl, dint swear or cuss, and dint drink or do drugs.

Get her in a make out situation where you are kissing her slowly and then kiss her neck and shoulders, she starts to melt. Guy runs his hand on her hip, small of her back, or up her thigh, she will lose all inhibition and almost drag his hands to her boobs and vaj.. she was super easy once you got the right buttons pushed.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think thats partially true but not everything to understanding.

0|0
    0|0
  • Usually, but not always.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not all the time

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes but it's only one factor.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course, unless they are actors or wear a suit as part of their job

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I think it helps. My guy friend said me and my date looked good together - we both have the same style. So he assumed we’d suit each other.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes