Do guys care about painted nails on girls?

Or clean and clipped nails are enough?

I used to wear nail polish, but now i just keep them clean and clip them regularly. Mine look good naturally though.

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I love longish nails on girls/women. But I prefer either unpolished, clear polish or light colors like silver or pink.
    Bright red nails remind me too much of blood. And I don't think I know one guy in the world who imagines his dream girl with those horrible black nails, or dark green or purple! That's ghastly!
    Two of my girlfriends had longish silver nails, and I loved that!

0|1
    0|0
  • I know this girl that whenever I get somewhere near her hand, she says "please don't look at my nails" or "my nails aren't done" or "please excuse my nails, I know it's not nice..."
    Funny thing is that I never look at her nails until she tells me not to.
    And even afterwards, if the polish is chipped as it sometimes happens... I don't care.

Clip them, no biting looks, can keep them au naturale and I'm ok.
    I tend to like girls that have natural looking nails. no crazy stuff.
    Too much attention to such an unimportant aspect gives me headaches.
    I mean it's nice to get nails done for some event, but getting obsessed with it, is tiring.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Why do so many women care about what men like/dont like? if you love painting your nails, that's your business and no one else's. Men won't not like you over nails. That would be ridiculous. You're better off without men who are picky like that. It's why they're single.

1|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 70

• Its not about if they care it's a society norm of good grooming and what is either acceptable fashionable or rituals handed down through time. M oui st guys care that are acceptable enough to pursue. Real guys can take it or leave it. Others will take advantage of the moment and then not see your value and be on their way.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's important that a woman values herself enough to beautify herself. If you think painted nails are too much you can always use a clear polish.

1|0
    0|0
    • I don't like any kind of nail polish, thry dry my nails and they chip easily and I always feel like fixing them. My nails look fucked when i remove it. But then again. My hand nails look good naturally, at least that is what some people told me, that mine look good without polish

• I got a thing for nail polish. I'm probably one of those unique guys when it comes to this. Just don't wear those super long fake nails. Those are disgusting. Simple nail polish on short nails is my favorite combo.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd prefer just clean & clipped. It doesn't bother me if she does paint them, but excessively long fake nails look sorta weird at times.

1|2
    0|0
  • Clean and clipped nails are enough, as far as I am concerned. Or they don't even need to be short, could be longer, but that might be very impractical.
    If I could, I'd say one thing to girls about nails: please, do NOT use the gel nails. You know, those you can buy and glue somehow to your nails. No. Please, don't do that. It's ugly.

0|1
    0|0
  • I personally don't care as long as they look decent. Clean and natural is beautiful in every aspect of a woman's body... Except body hair... I'm not big on too natural on the legs, armpits and vag area. Everything else, natural rules! Haha

0|1
    0|0
  • Nail polish has become so commonplace that I barely care to notice most of the time. However, I’ve been a little turned off by painted toenails for the last 10 years after seeing a male classmate of mine wear them for a dare. It’s not that I wouldn’t date a girl who wears painted toenails; I just wouldn’t be as keen about complimenting (or looking at) her feet 🤢

0|0
    0|0
  • Lmao nails are the sort of things GIRLS tend to notice on other girls, whereas they're like the last things we tend to notice. A girl can see another girl with a RIDONKULOUSLY hot body wearing the most seductive attire that perfectly accentuates her curves and figure and all she would say is, "Oh, I like her purse, it's pretty".

BIG difference.

0|0
    0|0
  • Both. all women are sexy. will someone in lansing Michigan who's a female call me and just fuck me whenever I call any day. for my daily lust till my love finally proves she's real and stays with me forever to fuck all day everyday and sleep in same bed always forever physically together. wtf.1-517-230-5141your being petty I feel. im worth more I would expect

0|0
    0|0
  • No.
    Natural nails, short of medium length or a regular color are what I like.
    Fake nails, pointy nails or designs, sparkles etc. I don't really like.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like nails with a little bit of growth and nail polish that is of a nice colour. I don't like really really long nails though. But, clean and clipped is fine too.

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally like painted nails, BUT they have to be clean and not look fucked up.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, we care about stupid ugly *fake* nails. Painted/unpainted doesn't really matter to us as long as the color isn't outlandish and the nails are hygienic.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah... keep em neat and clean.. that's enough. Well, I'd prefer unpainted nails... But every guy has a different choice !! No need to specially show your creativity on your nails, just be simple and focus on your personality!!! 👍

0|0
    0|0
  • Clean and clipped nails are perfectly fine. My girlfriend is like that too, but I do enjoy when she paints her nails for me. I think it looks really nice and its cute to know that she spent time doing it for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally don't really care what color they are as long as that neat and nice. I don't like it when girls have really long nails that looks kind of freakish but if then meet and nice I'd like them

0|0
    0|0
  • Short nails= Clean nails, therefore preferred. Do women not paint short clipped nails? Either way, neat and clipped feels nice.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, especially the white tipped nails. They make a girl look very weak and feminine, which is hot to us men.

0|1
    0|0
  • Painted nails can look nice but I don't care either way about them.

0|1
    0|0
  • In probably one of the guys that does not care. Honestly it's kinda cool when I notice it but unless my wife points it out I never notice it.

0|0
    0|0
  • It looks nice, i'd rather just have it clean and trimmed.

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer without. Some guys like nail polish. It's different for every guy.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm fine with them either way, just so long as she takes care of them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Painted nails are sexy and a plus but still a low factor in noticing a women.

0|0
    0|0
  • Clean and clipped nails are enough, but painted nails can be cool. It doesn't matter very much.

0|1
    0|0
  • Love both but a woman's nails without polish are very beautiful

0|0
    0|0
  • I notice it, but it won't influence my opinion of the person

0|0
    0|0
  • No guys don’t care about that stuff they barely pay attention

0|0
    0|0
  • If they don't look too superficial, I wouldn't mind..

0|0
    0|0
  • Clipped short nails show that you prefer practicality over being a kid.
    In my opinion.

0|0
    1|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 4

• I rarely do anymore. Im too lazy. But if i do its mostly dark color like burgundy or gray, taupe. But never black.

1|2
    0|0
  • My 3 exes preferred them done. Like acrylic, painted... I don't care. I'm single and my hands are of use now. Not all girly and delicate. Lol. So they are clean and clipped.

1|0
    0|0
  • Some do. Most just care about them being clean and clipped.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some like it some don't care some don't even notice

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes