Do you think Thrift Stores are underrated?

I seem to find a lot of awesome and surprisingly edgy items in these stores! They're usually cheaper than discount/department stores too! What do you think? Is it gross buying something that someone else already wore? Do you care as long as it's washed? Hmm?
  • Yes (why?)
  • No

119

Most Helpful Guy

• I've never really been to one, I don't think, but because items are used, they'll be a lot cheaper, so you could find something good for a good price too.

Buying someone else's used clothes may put some people off, but there is a possibility that it may well have only been used a few times, which isn't really a big deal, I don't think.

Not all used items are necessarily dirty either and may well have only been worn a few times e. g. I'd personally love to have a leather jacket (either real or fake), but I don't want to spend a ton of money on it, so if I could find one at a thrift store that I liked and looked to be in a good condition at a reasonable price, I'd probably go for it.

Thinking about it, when it comes to clothing stores in general, we don't always know for sure whether we're the first to try on a certain item e. g. someone may have tried it on and not bought it, which isn't a whole lot different.

A while ago, however, I have watched a video on someone do a thrift store haul and managed to buy quite a few nice things, with like less than $20, but he also said, that because the clothes are used, they've probably been washed so many times, that the sizing system can be off at times e. g. a medium is now a small, due to shrinking over time.

Most Helpful Girls

• I have Found things with Tags on them.
    Let me Tell you Here, dear. I have Beautiful clothes and once a Year, Or even when I am Moving, I Purge and Begin all over Again by Shopping all OVER TOWN. xxoo

• Sally's Boutique we call these places. lolxx

• Sweet! I buy a lot of stuff from Thrift Stores b/c I trust these clothes are most likely good quality if they're vintage XD

• Thanks to Gag. xx