Do you think Thrift Stores are underrated?

I seem to find a lot of awesome and surprisingly edgy items in these stores! They're usually cheaper than discount/department stores too! What do you think? Is it gross buying something that someone else already wore? Do you care as long as it's washed? Hmm?
  • Yes (why?)
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I've never really been to one, I don't think, but because items are used, they'll be a lot cheaper, so you could find something good for a good price too.

Buying someone else's used clothes may put some people off, but there is a possibility that it may well have only been used a few times, which isn't really a big deal, I don't think.

Not all used items are necessarily dirty either and may well have only been worn a few times e. g. I'd personally love to have a leather jacket (either real or fake), but I don't want to spend a ton of money on it, so if I could find one at a thrift store that I liked and looked to be in a good condition at a reasonable price, I'd probably go for it.

Thinking about it, when it comes to clothing stores in general, we don't always know for sure whether we're the first to try on a certain item e. g. someone may have tried it on and not bought it, which isn't a whole lot different.

A while ago, however, I have watched a video on someone do a thrift store haul and managed to buy quite a few nice things, with like less than $20, but he also said, that because the clothes are used, they've probably been washed so many times, that the sizing system can be off at times e. g. a medium is now a small, due to shrinking over time.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I have Found things with Tags on them.
    Let me Tell you Here, dear. I have Beautiful clothes and once a Year, Or even when I am Moving, I Purge and Begin all over Again by Shopping all OVER TOWN. xxoo

0|0
    0|0
    • Sally's Boutique we call these places. lolxx

• Sweet! I buy a lot of stuff from Thrift Stores b/c I trust these clothes are most likely good quality if they're vintage XD

• Thanks to Gag. xx

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• Like you said you can often find a great surprise in there for a very reasonable price

1|1
    0|0
  • Hell yeah haha Thrift stores always have the good stuff, most people are too embarrassed to buy from there

1|1
    0|0
  • I think people need to stop making fun of those that go to them, though.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, my brother got expensive brands of jackets that are in good conditions there. Bargain.

1|1
    0|0
  • I gotten my work boots there before, sometimes you can fined tools

1|1
    0|0
  • As a collector of old vinyl records it's good place to get them cheap. But don't tell anyone or the prices will go up

0|1
    0|0
  • No, im not a fan of them. I've never found anything i like in them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I found a nice jacket there for $50.00

1|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• Yes, they sell awesome clothes for CHEAP. I've never been to a thrift store but I plan on going one day. I understand that buying something that someone already wore is a little gross but I hope that the store owner washed the clothes really good. As long as it's washed I'm fine.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes, it's possible to find beautiful pieces. I don't think it's gross as long as the clothes are washed - and I usually wash them again after buying them just to be sure. I've found pretty clothes in thrift shops

1|1
    0|0
  • Omg they are soooo underrated, I got like 5 movies for like 5 bucks, sooo good. Probably wouldn't buy clothes from there but anything else is sooo good

1|0
    0|0
  • I sometimes donate clothes to thrift stores that are run by charities.

1|1
    0|0
  • Not really. Thrifting is the new, cool thing to do, everyone is doing it now

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah. Goodwill and value village are overpriced. Plus they keep a lot of the money

0|0
    0|0
  • 100%

1|1
    0|0
  • I totally think they are. I get a lot of brands like Topshop, Zara etc for really cheap (under $10) sweaters, jackets, formal dresses etc! (NYC East Village stores)

1|1
    0|0
  • They are great I get a lot of my clothes there. You just have to keep looking till you find something good

1|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes