Why people assume that handsome guys must be gays?

Most of the people in my town assume that I must be gay cuz im taking care of my hair/body and cuz of my earrings. "dude you have 3 hairstyles what is wrong with u?" or "omg earrings on boyy kys gay", or one of my favourites "you are training so hard and have a good body but u have earrings and long hair (at least for them is long I guess) ? I don't really care about them since I'll move from this mentally disabled town soon but I'm just cirous why is that XD. Also they legit think I'm a freaking mentally ill or smth cuz I'm wearing earrings/ear cuffs.

29

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I think it's where you live.
    I have guy friends who has piercings and are good look and also change their hairstyles almost every time and they don't look and has never been assumed as gay

Most Helpful Guy

• girls tend to take care more in how they look than men do, so, when a man does something a girl most likely does, it's considered "metro-sexual", which is usually on border of "gay"

• But still like XD that's a hygiene after all, I prefer looking good than looking like some caveman

• that's not what i hear from women

women like tall dark and handsome

• It has difference between girls and women