Why people assume that handsome guys must be gays?

Most of the people in my town assume that I must be gay cuz im taking care of my hair/body and cuz of my earrings. "dude you have 3 hairstyles what is wrong with u?" or "omg earrings on boyy kys gay", or one of my favourites "you are training so hard and have a good body but u have earrings and long hair (at least for them is long I guess) ? I don't really care about them since I'll move from this mentally disabled town soon but I'm just cirous why is that XD. Also they legit think I'm a freaking mentally ill or smth cuz I'm wearing earrings/ear cuffs.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I think it's where you live.
    I have guy friends who has piercings and are good look and also change their hairstyles almost every time and they don't look and has never been assumed as gay

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• girls tend to take care more in how they look than men do, so, when a man does something a girl most likely does, it's considered "metro-sexual", which is usually on border of "gay"

0|0
    0|0
    • But still like XD that's a hygiene after all, I prefer looking good than looking like some caveman

• Show All
    • that's not what i hear from women

women like tall dark and handsome

• It has difference between girls and women

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• Never heard that about the piercings..

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• Meh you just sound fashionable.

Fuck their opinions.

0|1
    0|0
  • After browsing your account I can see why one would assume your gay

0|1
    0|0
    • Eh, the only gays thing I can think of is having earrings dunno xd

• Show All
    • Simply cuz of the both anime characters I'm shipping

• Whatever way u wanna excuse it man for me a gay thought is a gay thought simply put meh

• Wishful thinking.

And because young women in particular (18-25) are not actually particularly attracted to good looks in men.

Older women (25+) and gay men place a higher importance on looks in men.

(I know I'm good looking ;P)

0|0
    0|0
  • Most straight men dont wear earrings so it's usually a clue

0|1
    0|0
  • Its a bit of a stereotype but it is changing with time

0|0
    0|0
  • Well l am very far from been gay and l would say l am handsome for my age

0|0
    0|0
  • who said that?

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I think it's where you live.
    I have guy friends who has piercings and are good look and also change their hairstyles almost every time and they don't look and has never been assumed as gay

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes