How would you describe a shallow person?

Well if you google the definition of shallow it tells you "An example of a shallow person is somebody who only cares for looks and money".

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Shallow people focus more on materialistic stuff instead of more spiritual things (knowledge, ideals etc)

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• People who only care about what's on the surface, hence the name "shallow"
    They don't look into the inside of people or their good qualities as long as they're not rich or attractive

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 12

• That’s exactly it. Shallow also means lacking depth, they only care about the outside features, appearance, and what said person is able to provide for them, hence why they’re commonly gold diggers. They rarely care about looking deeper for important values and characteristics, it’s all about the outside, never the inside.

2|2
    0|0
  • A shallow person to me is a person who doesn't care about what other people need to be happy and healthy and safe. If you like superficial things but you still take care of those in need - then to me - you are still good as a friend.

0|0
    0|0
  • It always depends on the situation. But I've got a good example for that. One of my classmates wouldn't go out with a girl just because she doesn't know how to read a clock and already ditched a girl for not knowing what he meant with the time they'd meet up. Another example is when someone rejects you after they find out that you said something mean many years ago. You can actually compare it to someone being immature

0|0
    0|0
  • somebody who looks for somone just because of there looks and money things like that dont actually care about anyone emotionally... just stupid bitchy brats basically who probably got whatever they wanted from daddy growing up

0|1
    0|0
  • Have you watched this? How would you describe a shallow person?

0|1
    0|0
  • My ex... in other words overly concerned with the appearance of others often to the point of overspending to look good. Shallow people typically date for looks and appearance.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably someone who doesn’t hang out with someone because they’re not outgoing enough or someone who doesn’t like dating somebody cause of that also people who talk behind your back are shallow

0|0
    0|0
  • For me, a person who only wants to associate with people who are better than them. Eg an ugly female who only dates attractive men.

0|0
    0|0
  • The definition for shallow people: Someone who eats bounty chocolate right infront of you.

0|1
    0|0
  • It is deeper than this.
    Shallow People focus about results in general instead of process so they are usually very impatient.
    Shallow people feel judged and then easily judge people or situations.
    They think win-lose because deep inside they feel like they are loosing... Wanting a great look makes sense so fantasizing about money. Its all about the way things are done

0|0
    0|1
  • I guess people who mostly occupy themselves with shallow thoughts, lok

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really. My high standards are for things like personal goals etc I wouldn't say that's shallow , that's just who I am. I have high expectations and work towards them.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• Well, I think that Google doesn't know everything I'd describe a shallow person as one who kinda cares about nothing. But only because they haven't laid eyes on a person that they find very attracted to then I think their shallowness turns to a deep sents of caring.. thats just my opinion🤔

0|0
    0|0
  • There's not much more to it than that, they like materialistic things, whats on the skin, not whats within it. Bunch of sheeps really, they follow the value thats been put on by others... Gold after all is just a shiny rock.

0|0
    0|0
  • I honestly would. I mean, I got braces at 23 not so much because I needed them, but because I wanted to have nice teeth at some point. Which is a pretty shallow reason to undergo a lengthy medical procedure.

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't think this can be considered shallow. It's when you reject someone out of silly reasons

• I've been told that I'm shallow because I prefer to date women who not only have likable personalities, but are also subjectively physically attractive. I mean, I'll be friends with a woman who has a great personality, but I don't want to date her if she's not physically attractive to me. Also, I've been told I'm shallow because I take care of my body and am selective about my choice of clothing.

Personally, a shallow person would be someone who is completely put off by another person if that person has even just one flaw. Like I wrote previously though, I don't consider myself to be shallow because I'm always happy to be friends with people who have a personalities compatible be with mine.

0|0
    0|0
  • More or less. Only cares about everything on the surface but not about the things that really matter. Someone who doesn't value anything above very concrete, tangible qualities like good looks or wealth.

You can always argue what truly matters is entirely subjective, and you'd be right.

But there are still things that universally make people happy. Money and looks can and do play a part but usually thats not what brings people lasting happiness in and of itself.

Id say a shallow person is a person who is unaware of those other aspects and desperately tries to find happiness in those fleeting surface elements, never finding it in any meaningful, lasting way.

0|0
    0|0
  • someone who has very high strict standards.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes